British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

I certainly know of plenty of people who watch speedway on the box but would not go see it live! I have a few asking whether the BEL is gonna be on TV or not this year, difficult to answer!!!!

• Like 1

never said its cheapest, just pointing out, every activity cost money, I personally don't think £16 is expensive to watch a speedway match..how on earth can you pay 14 riders alone,on anything less?..i put on monthly shows, the out goings would shock most people..

the hot dog and coke at pictures not cheap either..people on a Friday night don't think twice of paying £30 for a round of drinks,not sure why cost enters peoples heads sometimes

• Like 5

Wait and return taxi rides to mcdonalds drive through including food would cost around the 16 quid mark so the value of a big mac to some people is 16 pound some folk on here dont think 15 races for 16 is good value.....everybodys different with their money.

I pay £11 to watch my local non-league football team and these lads might be on around £200 a week if lucky. When you compare that to £16 or £17 to watch top league speedway racing at the costs involved in the sport these days it doesn't sound so bad to me.

• Like 2

You are also getting some money from, and exposing the sport to, a significant amount of people who would never normally go to Speedway live.

never said its cheapest, just pointing out, every activity cost money, I personally don't think £16 is expensive to watch a speedway match..how on earth can you pay 14 riders alone,on anything less?..i put on monthly shows, the out goings would shock most people..

the hot dog and coke at pictures not cheap either..people on a Friday night don't think twice of paying £30 for a round of drinks,not sure why cost enters peoples heads sometimes

Mum, Dad and two youngsters over sixteen and still in education. Yes - I can certainly understand how cost "enters people's head". Especially in these times of austerity.

What an odd comment for you to make.

over priced? where can you go for a night out on £16??....

Loads of places.

ARE you going to step forward?

Think a million down is wrong by a large margin.

Not an Elite league anymore so not were not. 150k to much for it and would not be a good company move. I could get Cardiff, and five other gp for that a year :wink: Well my sourse said it dropped a million from the original so can only quote that.

not sure whats "odd"..white knight with thinking £16 is a lot of money.......not everyone got 2 kids, was talking bout per person, course the more you take the dearer it is! it is anywhere....you drive? drink? got sky sports? etc...everything costs, to think you can

watch for £10, must be in cuckoo land!

I don't think it's the actual cost but the percieved value for money that puts people off.

£16.00 for 15 minutes entertainment in a run down crap hole of a stadium especially if the weather is a bit iffy would certainly put people off.

• Like 2

does people just see a nite at speedway as 15minutes? that's pretty sad......

you drink your pint in 40 seconds or do you get your monies worth and make it last 2 hours??

• Like 5

Mum, Dad and two youngsters over sixteen and still in education. Yes - I can certainly understand how cost "enters people's head". Especially in these times of austerity.

What an odd comment for you to make.

Don't youngsters do paper rounds/Saturday jobs anymore? That's how I used to pay for my speedway!
  • Like 1

Don't youngsters do paper rounds/Saturday jobs anymore? That's how I used to pay for my speedway!

kks does. :wink:

• Like 3

does people just see a nite at speedway as 15minutes? that's pretty sad......

you drink your pint in 40 seconds or do you get your monies worth and make it last 2 hours??

Well what else is on offer at speedway then except 15 minutes of speedway, i think £15 should be the maximum a promotion can charge and maybe a home meeting every two weeks may help people afford also.

I go to Ice Hockey and get much much more value for money, i even take part in shirt off back raffle where if you win you choose favourite player and get his shirt and photo taken with player and they also do 50/50 draw where again you choose favourite player to hand you cash and photo taken as well, they involve fans in what is happening on and off the ice.

But i still go speedway because i love it but that love certainly gets tested from time to time when stood around waiting for something to happen, sometimes it is just crap and hard to justify the cost each week.

• Like 1

its a social event, just like any other hobby.....when you go ten pin bowling for goodness sake, you probably get 3 minutes at most actually bowling!!!...

• Like 1