British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

It was just after that he decided Peterborough wasn't for him wasn't it? Just before his 12th meeting.

Came back with Poole a couple of years later though, didn't he?

Can't remember, he was like a yo-yo? Sounds familiar though on all sides:

Panthers' bosses had feared Zabik could manipulate his average in their colours and then move on to the Pirates next year on a low mark. At the time of his sacking he was one meeting away from gaining a full average.

Monberg on a 7.26 wouldn't be bad either, but rather have Dakota, but for some reason, cant see him signing.

Monberg on a 7.26 wouldn't be bad either, but rather have Dakota, but for some reason, cant see him signing.

Agree North please but if not Monberg not a bad shout. Knows the track and always had comments about how much he helps other riders.

Team spirit is so key you only have to look at the second half of the 2013 season for the Panthers.

It was just after that he decided Peterborough wasn't for him wasn't it? Just before his 12th meeting.

Came back with Poole a couple of years later though, didn't he?

I went to that meeting at Poole and Zabik was awesome..a very talented rider and I think it was Horton who brought him here so why not try him again?..From what I saw he was worth the risk.

I think you will find it was the horrific accident he had with brzozowski whilst on his first practice lap after coming back from injury which finished him. He was planning to return but then that happened...It was straight after a Panthers home fixture one evening at the Showground..one of the worst crashes I've ever seen..I think he broke his leg and didnt ride for a longtime after that.

I think you will find it was the horrific accident he had with brzozowski whilst on his first practice lap after coming back from injury which finished him. He was planning to return but then that happened...It was straight after a Panthers home fixture one evening at the Showground..one of the worst crashes I've ever seen..I think he broke his leg and didnt ride for a longtime after that.

has to be 1 of the most craziest/stupidest things I've ever seen , 4 riders going at him hammer tong for practice, crazy stuff , you could see it was going to end in tears , deffo worst accident I've ever seen, made me feel sick ... I think it had a huge mental effect on brzozowski as well who never came off the white line when he rode for panthers after

Edited by hans fan

I think it was Horton who brought him here so why not try him again?..From what I saw he was worth the risk.

Colin Horton did bring him here and he turned out never to be worth the risk. If someone else could get a season out of him then we would have been talking.

Edited by Crump99

I went to that meeting at Poole and Zabik was awesome..a very talented rider and I think it was Horton who brought him here so why not try him again?..From what I saw he was worth the risk.

Bizarrely I was at that meeting too at Wimborne Road too, and Zabik was sensational along with Andersen.

Zabik was very much in the same mould as Pawlicki was when he first came over with Coventry. Must be a Polish thing!

Hearing that Dak is pricing himself out of the deal sadly.

Christmas must have been horrible for you not knowing if Dakota was going to sign or not! Bless

• Like 1

Would support him if he signed but don't feel like we could rely on him and he would let us down.

Thought when Zabik crashed there were only 2 riders on track.

dryml was deffo 1 thought he had engine failure near the end of lap2 , zabik was in it, the other pole as well ,thought somebody else was in (I can't be 100 certain tho old age has caught up with me )

Still waiting for Dak but if not possible would go for n porshing or m mikkleson k gomolski as best options then n morris or monberg

Zabik scores have been really bad the last few years. Not the same rider since his big crash. Shame as he wad amazing to watch when in full flow

Isn't Jepsen Jensen on a 6.54 average in the EL but the PL is weaker than the EL (Slightly) so...

Maybe we could get him re-assessed to a 7.00 PL average?

What colour is the sky in your world?

• Like 2