British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I would personally get rid of Fisher as we need Somebody who is COMMITTED!

My list of potential number 1's

1. Liglad (Reshuffle of side needed)

2. Tomas H Jonasson (Unlikely)

3. Krzystof Buczkowski (Reshuffle needed)

4. Jurica Pavlic (UK experience and would fit in nicely)

How can the fans make a emotional connection with the side if riders are missing for most of the time and in particular the star number 1 rider?

Also... Why is Sullivan not involved with the side? I know Ryan and he would walk over broken burning glass bare footed to ride for the Panthers and we need him involved in the team management side.

Not sure he would be fit to ride if he did that..

The NL and PL were ticking along nicely, the EL comes along and makes a decision that screws everything up. They make these stupid rash changes without carrying out a thorough risk analysis. It's now totally out of control.

LOL. So you think it s fair that a rider rides for his PL teams when he has a clash with his NL team? And another rider rides for his PL team when he has a clash with his EL team? The PL clubs wants to have their cake and eat it (stupid saying!). Either riders double up or down but NO, they ride for their Pl team and then EL and NL teams can borrow them? Even fi the rider belongs to the EL or the NL club. Sounds liek the Pl are just being put in their place. There still a Pl bias though.

Why should Coventry asset Ryan Fisher who signed for Coventry first ride for Peterborough if theres a clash?

LOL. So you think it s fair that a rider rides for his PL teams when he has a clash with his NL team? And another rider rides for his PL team when he has a clash with his EL team? The PL clubs wants to have their cake and eat it (stupid saying!). Either riders double up or down but NO, they ride for their Pl team and then EL and NL teams can borrow them? Even fi the rider belongs to the EL or the NL club. Sounds liek the Pl are just being put in their place. There still a Pl bias though.

Why should Coventry asset Ryan Fisher who signed for Coventry first ride for Peterborough if theres a clash?

Have you noticed SCB - that BOTH the Elite League (so called) and the National League seem to rely on the Premier League for Riders?

Seems to me that the PREMIER League is named correctly after all.

It also seems to me that if the Premier League Promoters told the Elite League and the National League to sod off - BOTH of those Leagues would be finished.

So I don't know about the Premier League being put in it's place. I would say it is in a pretty good place already.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Have you noticed SCB - that BOTH the Elite League (so called) and the National League seem to rely on the Premier League for Riders?

Seems to me that the PREMIER League is named correctly after all.

It also seems to me that if the Premier League Promoters told the Elite League and the National League to sod off - BOTH of those Leagues would be finished.

So I don't know about the Premier League being put in it's place. I would say it is in a pretty good place already.

You're kidding right? So because the PL somehow get priority over riders its them that have it right? Can you tell me a single rider who is riding in the NL that started in the PL? Because AFAIK there isn't one, they all started in the NL so its the PL milking off them for a start.

Why should Ryan Fisher whos British career started at Coventry, a rider who is owned by Coventry, a rider who is riding for Coventry in 2014, a rider who has spent more of his career at Coventry than any other club be allowed to ride for Peterborough when there is a clash?

With the NL fast tracking, the PL wants to be careful, in a year or two thee might be no need for the PL as riders go from NL to EL. Then what? So good luck to the PL with it's telling the EL and the NL that it's their riders. Because I wonder just how many would chose the PL alone over the EL and NL!

Lets look at the rider riding EL and PL this year and who they're owned by.

Craig Cook (PL)
Steve Worrall (PL)
Richie Worrall (EL)
Adam Ellis (EL)
Lewis Kerr (EL)
Lewis Rose (EL)
Ryan Fisher (EL)
Ben Barker (EL)
Kyle Newman (EL)
Richie Lawson (EL)
Edward Kennett (EL)
Jason Garrity (PL)
Simon Lambert (EL)
Jason Doyle (EL)
Paul Starke (PL)
Josh Grajczonek (EL)
Ricky Wells (EL)
Kyle Howarth (PL)
Ashley Morris (EL)
I make that 5 PL assets and 14 EL assets. So who needs who again?
Edited by SCB

You're kidding right? So because the PL somehow get priority over riders its them that have it right? Can you tell me a single rider who is riding in the NL that started in the PL? Because AFAIK there isn't one, they all started in the NL so its the PL milking off them for a start.

Why should Ryan Fisher whos British career started at Coventry, a rider who is owned by Coventry, a rider who is riding for Coventry in 2014, a rider who has spent more of his career at Coventry than any other club be allowed to ride for Peterborough when there is a clash?

With the NL fast tracking, the PL wants to be careful, in a year or two thee might be no need for the PL as riders go from NL to EL. Then what? So good luck to the PL with it's telling the EL and the NL that it's their riders. Because I wonder just how many would chose the PL alone over the EL and NL!

Craig Cook (PL)
Steve Worrall (PL)
Richie Worrall (EL)
Adam Ellis (EL)
Lewis Kerr (EL)
Lewis Rose (EL)
Ryan Fisher (EL)
Ben Barker (EL)
Kyle Newman (EL)
Richie Lawson (EL)
Edward Kennett (EL)
Jason Garrity (PL)
Simon Lambert (EL)
Jason Doyle (EL)
Paul Starke (PL)
Josh Grajczonek (EL)
Ricky Wells (EL)
Kyle Howarth (PL)
Ashley Morris (EL)

You can have your 14 Assets as far as I am concerned - the Premier League would still survive OK without them - the 14 Riders might find it hard Financially though.

The Elite League would STILL struggle without Premier League Riders to prop up your Teams.

Put simply, THAT is why you shouldn't be called the Elite League - because you are NOT Elite.

Edited by The White Knight

You can have your 14 Assets as far as I am concerned - the Premier League would still survive OK without them - the 14 Riders might find it hard Financially though.

The Elite League would STILL struggle without Premier League Riders to prop up your Teams.

Put simply, THAT is why you shouldn't be called the Elite League - because you are NOT Elite.

So the EL is taking advantage. But it's the EL riders. And the PL doesnt need them?

The Premier League has never been Premier TBF.

I asked my girlfriend whether she would like to go to Premier League speedway or Elite League speedway.

He said Premier League.. "Premier League" is the brand baby... Elite League is ice-hockey / lower class level.

* We made out shortly after.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

"I asked my girlfriend: He said: * We made out shortly after."

All rather worrying really, you should PM FP he'll offer counselling :D

• Like 1

Craig Cook (PL)

Steve Worrall (PL)

Richie Worrall (EL)

Adam Ellis (EL)

Lewis Kerr (EL)

Lewis Rose (EL)

Ryan Fisher (EL)

Ben Barker (EL)

Kyle Newman (EL)

Richie Lawson (EL)

Edward Kennett (EL)

Jason Garrity (PL)

Simon Lambert (EL)

Jason Doyle (EL)

Paul Starke (PL)

Josh Grajczonek (EL)

Ricky Wells (EL)

Kyle Howarth (PL)

Ashley Morris (EL)

Whilst I agree with the new changes givubg priority to clubs using their own assets I would temper you arguement re the split of assets.

The EL have had a distinct advantage in gathering assets in that they can sign and claim a rider without him turning out for them.

A few on your list fit that category and you could say that without the other leagues that there would be no way these would ever develop to a point where they are usable.

In summary Id say that there has to be at least 2 tiers and they need to work in unison to ensure a clear opportunity of progression.

FWIW despite my team being adversely affected (Ipswich -Worrall/Ellis) I think the changes are the fairest solution to a difficult problem.

• Like 1

"I asked my girlfriend: He said: * We made out shortly after."

All rather worrying really, you should PM FP he'll offer counselling :D

Think its a lost cause mate! :t:

As you haven't answered my question reference who has priority with the Elite League reserves Neil, is it because you don't know ?

• Like 1

I can't help popping on here to see how our second team are getting on occasionally (OK, that was a joke. Chill :wink: ).

Aaaand, the one thing that really worries me is that you keep rising to KKSs bait!

Must do better people....

• Like 1

I can't help popping on here to see how our second team are getting on occasionally (OK, that was a joke. Chill :wink: ).

Aaaand, the one thing that really worries me is that you keep rising to KKSs bait!

Must do better people....

Rather heartless to advocate ignoring special needs. We look after our own.

• Like 2

As you haven't answered my question reference who has priority with the Elite League reserves Neil, is it because you don't know ?

I believe that the Premier League has priority unless the rider is an asset of the Elite League club he rides for. So when we ride against Ipswich on Good Friday, Jacobs and Blackbird should be riding in both matches for the Panthers but Ellis will ride for Lakeside.

But I could have it all wrong