British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Seems like the team will be completed tomorrow. As I understand it our number 1 was a reserve for a goodly part of last year. We are looking at third or fourth rate speedway from that which we once knew. And before anybody responds I agree it is better than nothing.

Seems like the team will be completed tomorrow. As I understand it our number 1 was a reserve for a goodly part of last year. We are looking at third or fourth rate speedway from that which we once knew. And before anybody responds I agree it is better than nothing.

Ryan Fisher wasn't a reserve 'for a goodly part of last year'.

With 7.77 available for the last rider (who will indeed be announced in the morning) - Ryan will be Panthers No 1 at the start of the season.

Neil,

I do not know you but have formed the opinion from your posts that you are an honest and genuine person. I am very glad that you and Mr Horton with others have made it possible for Panthers to continue. However I still have the view that we will be watching third or fourth rate speedway in 2014. I would be pleased to be proved wrong.

Edited by wealdstone

Neil,

I do not know you but have formed the opinion from your posts that you are an honest and genuine person. I am very glad that you and Mr Horton with others have made it possible for Panthers to continue. However I still have the view that we will be watching third or fourth rate speedway in 2014. I would be pleased to be proved wrong.

give it a rest mate until we know who the last team place is going to.

As Neil says Flyin Ryan Fisher will be number 1 when the tapes go up in march so your statement is inaccurate without anything being substantiated...!

Edited by Flyin Panther

Neil,

Having watched Prem lge regulary for the past few years, you may find the racing is just as good, if not better than the Elite. It's certainly very competitive, and the Elite looks very poor, quality wise this year. I'm looking forward to Prem racing personally..

• Like 2

Neil,

Thank you, I certainly try to be.

I was used to watching elite league racing at Ipswich for years, but since dropping down the racing has been better and closer than whats on show in the elite league nowadays. Give it a chance and stop being an elite league snob.

• Like 2

Neil,

Hell's teeth - WHAT a whinger. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Be grateful you have a Team - a lot of us DON'T. :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Many have given their view that Premier League provides better and closer racing. That may well be true. However over many years I have seen the so called stars of Premier League or whatever the second tier was at the time finish three quarters of a lap behind the top men.

Therefore no matter how close the racing is it is very far from the best.

Many have given their view that Premier League provides better and closer racing. That may well be true. However over many years I have seen the so called stars of Premier League or whatever the second tier was at the time finish three quarters of a lap behind the top men.

Therefore no matter how close the racing is it is very far from the best.

If you don't like it - then buzz off to one of the other so called Elite League Tracks then.

Peterborough have been rescued, it was GOING TO CLOSE!! (or don't you understand that).

MOST people would be grateful that it had been rescued - but - all you can do is whinge and whine because it has not been rescued in to the League YOU wanted. Well this is the real world and IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT - LUMP IT!!

I think you are very ungrateful to the good folk who have put their money and heart in to resurrecting what was a DYING Track.

GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

• Like 1

Hell's teeth - WHAT a whinger. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Be grateful you have a Team - a lot of us DON'T. :mad: :mad:

The opinions of those who differ from you are equally as valid.

The opinions of those who differ from you are equally as valid.

Of course they are. I am not saying they are not.

I just say that ONE Post whingeing about the Second Class Speedway that you are going to watch was enough. Constantly ramming it down the throats of people like me who have no Home town Track when YOU at least have a Speedway Team is, to me, simply not on.

You are entitled to your view and I respect that view

Apologies, it's not very clear is it! Lewis is a Mildenhall asset.

That may be the "official" line, but one wonders if that is accurate. Blackbird's contract was exchanged for Oliver Rayson's, but Rayson wasn't Mildenhall's to exchange as he was an Ipswich asset.