British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Anyone who is a mate of staff, mechanics and riders get a free pass and get to park inside and they wonder why they lose money....once I counted around 10 riders who werent involved in the meeting milling around in the pits..They should make Mr bigshot manager of Lynn pay..he's always there sticking his nose in.

Your right, my information was incorrect on that point. Makes you wonder who all the cars inside last year belonged too, as it was solid on many occasions..

Freebies probably. :angry: :angry:

Seriously - some will be Staff etc. But ALL of them.......................................................?????

Anyone who is a mate of staff, mechanics and riders get a free pass and get to park inside and they wonder why they lose money....once I counted around 10 riders who werent involved in the meeting milling around in the pits..They should make Mr bigshot manager of Lynn pay..he's always there sticking his nose in.

I believe ALL Riders and former Riders are issued with a Rider's Pass that entitles them to Free Entry. Quite right too - they have earned it over the years.

THAT'S my opinion anyway.

Edited by The White Knight

Not my opinion in view of how speedway is struggling these days. Ex riders should pay like everyone else. If, for example, I worked at ASDA and got a 10% discount on my shopping this would stop as soon as I left their employment. Why should riders be any different?

Not my opinion in view of how speedway is struggling these days. Ex riders should pay like everyone else. If, for example, I worked at ASDA and got a 10% discount on my shopping this would stop as soon as I left their employment. Why should riders be any different?

But you would keep the discount if you retired my Brother in law has still got his & he's been retires 5 years

But as far as riders are concerned I believe that the production of their ACU licence allows them entry also riders participating in the meeting are allocated a certain number of passes for family and sponsors, the biggest con that I have seen happened a few years ago whereby some dishonest track staff where handing their passes to their friends to gain entry, thankfully most of this has now been ended by the introduction of photo ID cards

I believe ALL Riders and former Riders are issued with a Rider's Pass that entitles them to Free Entry. Quite right too - they have earned it over the years.

Why?

Are ex-professional footballers allowed free entry into any ground they wish to go to?

Ex-riders of the particular club may have a case, but not ALL riders and ex-riders.

• Like 1

Why?

Are ex-professional footballers allowed free entry into any ground they wish to go to?

Ex-riders of the particular club may have a case, but not ALL riders and ex-riders.

As far as I understand it all riders with a current ACU licence can gain entry, but as far as retired riders are concerned that is down to the club or promoter concerned

As far as I understand it all riders with a current ACU licence can gain entry, but as far as retired riders are concerned that is down to the club or promoter concerned

That may be the case. I'm asking for a logical reason why a rider can gain free entry at a track he is not riding at and does not ride for and why TWK thinks it's right for ex-riders to have that privilege too?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

As I said, twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. Now who's being clever. It's a simple question but if you're out of your depth and want to take your ball home again then so be it, I'll bid you good day! (unless you wish to prolong it by replying. Looks like I need to spell that out as well) :)

THE END :D:D:P

Freebies probably. :angry: :angry:

Seriously - some will be Staff etc. But ALL of them.......................................................?????

It might be your opinion, but you are wrong. Past riders have ridden and been paid for their efforts, the same as any other employee. As others have said, former sportsmen in other sports don't get in free, and even more annoying, then stand in the PITS with mates who have also not paid.

When you are a current licenced rider attending a meeting, you are entitled to free entrance. That is to the stadium, like any other paying fan. Anybody in the PITS should only be those in an official position, or a rider or mechanic participating in that meeting.

Nothing p****s off others more than looking into the pits full of freeloaders who haven't paid.

• Like 3

It might be your opinion, but you are wrong. Past riders have ridden and been paid for their efforts, the same as any other employee. As others have said, former sportsmen in other sports don't get in free, and even more annoying, then stand in the PITS with mates who have also not paid.

When you are a current licenced rider attending a meeting, you are entitled to free entrance. That is to the stadium, like any other paying fan. Anybody in the PITS should only be those in an official position, or a rider or mechanic participating in that meeting.

Nothing p****s off others more than looking into the pits full of freeloaders who haven't paid.

I've been waiting for that all day, what a disappointment, thought that you might answer the question :P

"I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him." - so a bit like you and the concept of forums then :D

"Nothing p****s off others" - that's got to go as well based on hansfan's post :shock:

I've been waiting for that all day, what a disappointment, thought that you might answer the question :P

"I have a lot of respect for Rick but speedway was just not for him." - so a bit like you and the concept of forums then :D

"Nothing p****s off others" - that's got to go as well based on hansfan's post :shock:

Read post 883. :P

Read post 883. :P

I'm well aware of the post, I've been trying to get an answer ever since!

Anybody in the PITS should only be those in an official position, or a rider or mechanic participating in that meeting.

The Pits Marshall and I say this just about every Sunday! :approve:

• Like 1

When Newcastle are at the EOES, maybe we could have sumo wrestling complete with inflatable costumes as an interval attraction. That should sort you pair out. May the best man win lol. Over to you Neil.

hahaha have you seen Crump99? ;)

he would snap!!! :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha have you seen Crump99? ;)

he would snap!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I shouldn't laff if I was you mate, you're the warm up act, taking on one of the start girls to give you a chance of a draw :D

• Like 1

I shouldn't laff if I was you mate, you're the warm up act, taking on one of the start girls to give you a chance of a draw :D

I'd take all 4 of them on if it involved wrestling in a paddling pool of butterscotch angels delight!!! :D

• Like 3