British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

The Edinburgh promotion begged Horton to take him so they got some income from a loan fee? We are skint seemingly ;)

Isn't his registration held by Redcar?

He's an edinburgh Asset last I heard?

Yes, I think he was only on loan to Redcar.

imo, i think the top 6 for pboro is maybe out of reach with these 3 new faces

don't disagree , going by sportowe fakty dilger had a choice of 2 clubs Ipswich or panthers , he choose panthers so Chris Louis must be ready to swing the axe

don't disagree , going by sportowe fakty dilger had a choice of 2 clubs Ipswich or panthers , he choose panthers so Chris Louis must be ready to swing the axe

lucky escape for us Witches Id say! Better off with what we have.

lucky escape for us Witches Id say! Better off with what we have.

Joe Jacobs is available now bruv! ;)

I feel sorry for Joe Jacobs. He was improving - he has certainly upped his average - and I'm wondering if we really needed to replace him with Dilger.

Would Hall+Roynon+Jacobs not fit?

Hall = 6.44, Adam = 6.30 & Max 4.22

Jacobs =4.00 so yes

Bit of a joke replacing Jacobs with Dilger.IMO

Hall = 6.44, Adam = 6.30 & Max 4.22

Jacobs =4.00 so yes

Hmmm.... that's what I thought. So it's disgraceful to boot out a young Brit (who, by the way, was slowly improving) for yet another johnny foreigner who, by all accounts, hasn't exactly been pulling up any trees over here. I wish him well, of course - but it doesn't seem right imho

Never been a fan of Jacobs.

Improvement has been desperately slow.

Dilger on a big track might surprise you.

Never been a fan of Jacobs.

Improvement has been desperately slow.

Dilger on a big track might surprise you.

I agree regarding Jacobs but. Dilger is just a 2nd rate foreigner ,what chances do Young Brits have.

Good job that you live down the road and have got 6 fingers then

I've been underwhelmed all season tbh!

LOL I enjoy having 6 fingers actually :P I suppose the team could be described as being "average" this year, but with these 3 signings, it's got a bit "below average" now for me.

A little unecessary. Emma is a reasonably regular contributor to your clubs coffers as far as I'm aware.

Yes. I cannot deny that since 2010, I have visited the EoES more times than I care to imagine as a "neutral". I'd go as far as to say I'm an adopted Panthers supporter!

She'll not be surprised or offended by the response

No. I'm not surprised. Or offended. I know what you dish up on Twitter. And from knowing a few Panthers supporters via that, it seems there are more wind up merchants over your way than in Norfolk :P But I can take a bit of stick or banter. It doesn't matter to me.

Fair enough, and apologies for sticking my nose in in that case.

Stick your nose in wherever you like :lol::wink: I don't mind. I'm amazed it all kinda kicked off after Crump99 posted his reply in response to mine!

Bang out of order......

The Thinnest of thin ice you muppet!

I'm still failing to see what he's said that's bang out of order. I think he meant his 6 fingered thing in jest! I'm honestly not offended. I took a photo of Fisher's t-shirt with "Welcome to King's Lynn. Give me 6." on it last year and used it as a Facebook cover photo for quite sometime. That's the sort of person I am. I can laugh at myself! I've learnt not to take peoples comments on here to heart anymore.

No probs, with my track record there'd be a good chance that you were right.

:rofl:

I just don't know why you insist on mugging off an amiable punter from KL who obviously loves visiting the EOES and adds valuable revenue to a "potentially struggling" coffers of the Peterborough Speedway promotion...

Wow! Such high praise! But I feel you are right. I am adding to a "potentially struggling" coffers of the Peterborough Speedway promotion. Judging by the crowd levels that I've seen when I've been there, it's very worrying. That's why I had hoped for 3 slightly better names to be announced and that's of no disrespect to Hall, Dilger or Roynon...particularly Roynon as if it hadn't have been for all these injuries, he'd have been a brilliant rider by now. His real injury woes started back in 2007 with Birmingham if I remember rightly? And he's had problems every year since then I think? That's a long time to keep getting knocked down and having to pick yourself up again and effectively start afresh!

I'd give it up mate she's got taste!

I'm sure Flyin Panther is not trying to get in my good books :lol:

Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 1