British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Bt Minority Sports Person Of The Year

Far too many words for that bastion of the printed word 'The South London Press'.

I don't recall any contributions by you to the award winning 'South London Press" (many times in fact) in the years I was there.

A big Woooooosh.

Were you at Malmo as well in 1961?

I don't recall any contributions by you to the award winning 'South London Press" (many times in fact) in the years I was there.

An even bigger WOOOSH. :D

• Like 1

All this Whooshing must account for the weather warnings for wind that keep being broadcast :P

• Like 4

How big?

I refuse to accept this Woosh as "bigger" until an independent auditor confirms the size of the previous woosh. And I don't know any auditors, and I cannot google for one as I am not a member of google and refuse to be.

A big Woooooosh.

All this Whooshing must account for the weather warnings for wind that keep being broadcast :P

How big?

I refuse to accept this Woosh as "bigger" until an independent auditor confirms the size of the previous woosh. And I don't know any auditors, and I cannot google for one as I am not a member of google and refuse to be.

It seems that some people are too busy making silly non-topic comments to answer bona-fide queries. I am used to these sort of people. There was a time when I was the letters editor at a local newspaper and we used to get similar letters. They were always "quickly filed" - in the waste paper bin.

One usually finds when these sort of comments start appearing it indicates that the perpetrators are losing their argument and attempting to move away from what the debate is all about.

Usually by attacking the Poster rather than the Post.

Totally off topic but is the result of Strictly Come Dancing any less credible because the BBC refuse to issue voting figures?

Yes. Natalie was robbed.

Get me Bruce Forsyth's contact details now. (actually scrub that. Can you get me Tess's phone number?)

• Like 1

You talk of these "awards" but I have been unable (despite exhaustive research) to find any confirmation of what these "awards" were and the relevant voting results.

For all we know they were the result of an arbitary panel handing out the "award" without any public vote, rendering them largely worthless.

Some more information and a pointer towards the published results of any such polls would be much appreciated. Maybe you could start a seperate thread so as not to cause any confusion with the BT Minority Sports award?

• Like 1

You talk of these "awards" but I have been unable (despite exhaustive research) to find any confirmation of what these "awards" were and the relevant voting results.

For all we know they were the result of an arbitary panel handing out the "award" without any public vote, rendering them largely worthless.

Some more information and a pointer towards the published results of any such polls would be much appreciated. Maybe you could start a seperate thread so as not to cause any confusion with the BT Minority Sports award?

Try the contact link on this thread. I am sure they will be able to help you.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/searchresult.cfm?cat=News

or at this Link.

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/contact.cfm

To be honest, it seems you and others have really lost the way in regard to how many votes were cast in the the BT Minority Sports Person Poll and are just desperately trying to deflect away from the real topic: how many votes were cast.

But then, deviation from real topics are not unusual on the BSF - a reason why those who govern the sport take so little notice of what is put up on here, even when some of the comments are really meaningful and worthy of consideration.

So far as the newspaper awards are concerned they are decided by a panel of editors and publishers, not by votes from readers.

Now - do you know how many votes were cast in the BT Minority Sports Person poll?

Edited by Guest

Now - do you know how many votes were cast in the BT Minority Sports Person poll?

No. Ask BT Sport.

Now do you know how many votes were cast in these unconfirmed South London Press awards, or even what the awards were, which year/century they were made,or which body organised the awards?

No. Ask BT Sport.

Now do you know how many votes were cast in these unconfirmed South London Press awards, or even what the awards were, which year/century they were made,or which body organised the awards?

As you say "unconfirmed awards for the South London Press". To end that debate, I will concede that the Newspaper Society do not give out awards. In fact, I now doubt if there is even a Newspaper Society. I was wrong. I bow to your greater knowledge of these matters.

So far as getting voting figures from the BT for their Minority Sports award, I have tried several links that I have found but get no response from them to my queries.

Edited by Guest

It seems that some people are too busy making silly non-topic comments to answer bona-fide queries. I am used to these sort of people. There was a time when I was the letters editor at a local newspaper and we used to get similar letters. They were always "quickly filed" - in the waste paper bin.

One usually finds when these sort of comments start appearing it indicates that the perpetrators are losing their argument and attempting to move away from what the debate is all about.

Usually by attacking the Poster rather than the Post.

The hole you are digging is big enough now, stop digging. :P

Why don't you try this link then?

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjowfQ

As Bryn mentioned yesterday the logical step for you to take in your crusade to ascertain the voting figures would be to contact BT themselves.

I have tried all of these links - they are mainly customer related contacts. I think the BT section that organised the Poll is a different sector of the organisation.

The hole you are digging is big enough now, stop digging. :P

Maybe the BT Minority Poll figures will be found at the bottom of the hole!