British Speedway Forum

I understand from local shopkeepers in my area who have refused a £50 note is because forgeries are very hard to detect. I am uncertain how factual this may be?

Forged £50 are the easiest to detect as there are so many security features on them. They are however the least forged note out there. Alot of places wont accept £50 notes as if there is a forgery you could lose alot more money

Don't think it's all threw though,

From what I've heard they can apply for a tier 5 application, but the decision is handled in an office

In Manila . So the BSPA can do all the ground work and still be refused entry.

If clubs had just followed the guidelines in the start none of this would be happening.

Good luck though

Don't think it's all threw though,

From what I've heard they can apply for a tier 5 application, but the decision is handled in an office

In Manila . So the BSPA can do all the ground work and still be refused entry.

If clubs had just followed the guidelines in the start none of this would be happening.

Good luck though

From what I've heard The BSPA did nothing.

Theres an excellent summary of the latest visa situation in the SS this week! Also explains why each case may be different!!

Ths might work for Jason as he is arguably proven at the highest level but I don't see how it's going to help any of the others listed on the GP site as they';re certainly not proven at the highest level.

Ths might work for Jason as he is arguably proven at the highest level but I don't see how it's going to help any of the others listed on the GP site as they';re certainly not proven at the highest level.

The full wording is;

"Tier 5 (Temporary worker - creative and sporting)

For people coming to work or perform in the UK for up to 12 months as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists. Sportspeople must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level."

It gives a little bit more wriggle room if the "and/or" part refers to the highest level in this country in that any member of an EL team can be said to be contributing to the sport at the highest domestic level.

Imo only Doyle would fit with the quoted criteria in the Alan Jones post.

Lol so who is working on getting these riders into the country then ??

The full wording is;

"Tier 5 (Temporary worker - creative and sporting)

For people coming to work or perform in the UK for up to 12 months as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists. Sportspeople must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level."

It gives a little bit more wriggle room if the "and/or" part refers to the highest level in this country in that any member of an EL team can be said to be contributing to the sport at the highest domestic level.

But all the riders on the GP website that are mentioned are PL riders. 2 PL reserves and 2 PL 3rd heatleaders. By no stretch of the imagination do they meet the criteria.

But all the riders on the GP website that are mentioned are PL riders. 2 PL reserves and 2 PL 3rd heatleaders. By no stretch of the imagination do they meet the criteria.

yes,,, but are the people looking at their applications aware of that ;-)

That was last Wednesday! Keep up.

Thanks for the patronising advice, but I have a mum already.

And as I say to her, I have a life!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

The wording isn't much different from tier 2 visas which they would normally use:

"The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) category is for elite sportspeople and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level, and will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport. Your application will need to be endorsed by your sport's governing body."

The BSPA probably aren't doing their job properly in approving only those who genuinely meet the required criteria...

The criteria to gain a GBE which is a prerequisite of gaining either a type 2 or type 5 visa is quite specific. They were set at in 2009 and haven't, as far as I'm aware, been changed.

GOVERNING BODY ENDORSEMENT

The Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) requirements for non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals to be employed in British Speedway in 2009 :

Any Speedway promotion wishing to employ an individual rider to participate in their team will be required to guarantee that, for the previous season, the rider for whom the application is made has fulfilled one of the following criteria.

a) Australia/ New Zealand/ U.S.A.

Finished in the first four in the state Championships

B) For the following countries which have professional speedway leagues:

Poland, the Czech Republic and Sweden

Achieved an average in excess of 6.00 points while competing in:Poland - Extra League and First Division

Czech Republic - First Division

Sweden - Elite League and First Division

c) For riders who have competed, in the previous season, in any country not listed above, the rider must be the current National Champion to be considered eligible.

Certificate of Sponsorships are normally approved for the speedway season which runs from 15th March to 31st October or for the contract period which can be for up to four years. Upon expiry of the permission granted by a Certificate of Sponsorship, a rider returning to the U.K. for the new season must have achieved the following averages in the previous U.K. season or have qualified by meeting the requirements of a) or B) or c) above.

Elite League - 4.00 points

Premier League - 7.00 points

No exceptions or extensions will be granted to riders failing to achieve the averages except in the case of injury, medical evidence of which must be supplied.

Edited by Brujas Espanolas