British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Best Pairs

I really missed the Finns, the Czechs and the French pairs!!! :D

Quite an enjoyable meeting yesterday. Nice to see Antonio back in shape. I was rooting for Denmark, but what the hey.. Nice riding, with some thin heats (which there always will be), and a good start to the international season. As for the commentators, I've got norwegian Eurosport, and they did good :)

Uk Woffy and Cookie would have been in amongst the points. Agree with others UK should be involved, why aren't they?

• Like 1

He should be riding in every Poole match bar a clash with an OFFICIAL fixture.

The Best Pairs Challenge is not an official fixture, if he skips a Poole meeting for it he should be banned.

Thems the rules!!! And this is part of the issue that BSPA have with One Sport (or any other non-FIM event) for announcing fixtures after the official deadline for International fixtures!!

As for May 10th its just a shame the Finns didn't enter a pair!!!! :wink:

• Like 2

Uk Woffy and Cookie would have been in amongst the points. Agree with others UK should be involved, why aren't they?

they were involved...the was a pair of Brits...didnt you see the two JCB tractors doing the track??

[quote name="Skidder1" post="2422437" timestamp="As for May 10th its just a shame the Finns didn't enter a pair!!!! :wink:

Whats on May 10th?

Finland was never asked, this is an invitational event. Unlike SWC, where every federation is entitled to enter. There some nations are approved, others not.

• Like 2

It's not his job at all (and hope we never have to hear him again, cringeworthy). In these PC times we now live in I'd be surprised if he's not sacked after some of those comments. You must have had the sound down. It doesn't bother me, he is probably only saying what many of us are thinking but we wont offend anyone with our thoughts

I think you will find Bewicher was referring to the start girls not the commentater

Cook was riding for Edinburugh - a little more important than an open meeting in Poland.

Best thing us Holder/Ward are leading the series but they'll not be in the next round!

Jacky Boi Barnicle would be ok if he got his facts right!

Very enjoyable meeting. Commentary was a hugely funny addition to the enjoyment. Jack getting a lot of criticism from the "Speedway is a serious sport and how dare anyone not have an encyclopaedic knowledge of it" brigade but a bit of light relief never hurt anyone.

The real negative about the meeting and its presentation was the lack of a GB pair. Even during some dark pre 70's days we did always compete.

Looking forward to the next round - Jack and all.

:)

Compete in what?

It's not any form of official event, basically an invitational open meeting.

It's not his job at all (and hope we never have to hear him again, cringeworthy). In these PC times we now live in I'd be surprised if he's not sacked after some of those comments. You must have had the sound down. It doesn't bother me, he is probably only saying what many of us are thinking but we wont offend anyone with our thoughts

I was referring to the start line girls.

It's their job to look nice and something they take seriously. It's their career.

The PC mob would prefer they were deprived of this career.

• Like 3

Have to say I did enjoy watching speedway but it didnt really provide the best racing, and to be honest the rider who gave us the best entertainment was Smolinski who looks like he could score healthy 6-9's in the GP's with good machinery and riding.

Are you kidding? He beat a Latvian (who everybody except Dilger beat!) and Sayfutdinov. He was poor. Yes he flailed around a bit but he has no track craft.

Are you kidding? He beat a Latvian (who everybody except Dilger beat!) and Sayfutdinov. He was poor. Yes he flailed around a bit but he has no track craft.

Exactly my thoughts, seen a couple of comments saying how well Smolinski did.. it just showed going to be a long hard season for him. Inside line, it seems all he can ride. It will be a big step up for him,

Just watched it and enjoyed it, thouggt the racing was pretty good.my thouggts:

Ward showed why he is favourite for the title.

Gollob emil and laguta/dudek showed why the 2014 gp would be so much better eith them in it thsn harris batch and aj.

Good to see lindback looking sharp.

Nikki looked regularly like he could fence nki.

Smolinksi going to strugglr in the gps on tbis showing (no real surprise).

Think in pairs events, if you are going yo have semis and final points should be carried fwd, so a "shared" heat rewards the top qualified pair.

Dont agree with "reserves" in a psirs event.

Dont understand why bsi dont run a eorld title pairs event.

• Like 1

In individual (and team) meetings, the object is to finish first in a race, or as high as possible to gain the most points available

But with the 4,3,2,0 scoring in pairs, there is little or no incentive [certainly in the semi-finals and final] to try and win the race, but for both to finish ahead of one opposition rider - as was seen last night, let the leader go and tuck in for 2nd and 3rd and we will "win" - the "spectacle" of a rider/riders trying to catch and overtake the leader is nullified - not great entertainment at what should be the climax of the meeting