British Speedway Forum

Oh, and the Danish U-21 Championships are on this Friday as well.

Meaning Glasgow have to surrender their two teenage reserves.

Blimey! Hope the Belle Vue meeting runs smoothly and there are no hold ups on the M6. :lol: A.A. reckon over 4 hours to make that journey.

Perhaps he's flying - Manchester to Edinburgh shouldn't be too bad as long as he keeps a couple of Bikes at Edinburgh. :unsure: :unsure:

Yes, you could very well be right TWK. I was forgetting all the bikes riders seem to have nowadays.

Perhaps he's flying - Manchester to Edinburgh shouldn't be too bad as long as he keeps a couple of Bikes at Edinburgh. :unsure: :unsure:

Would it be much quicker?

Belle Vue to airport 30 mins, check in 45 mins before flight, flight approx 45 mins, 30 mins to clear airport and another 30 mins to Armadale.

If you get your toe down Belle Vue to Edinburgh is doable in 3 and a half hours easily

Quite a while ago Andrew Silver rode in three meetings in one day.

If my memory is correct he rode at Reading or Oxford in the morning, not sure where in the afternoon, and at Swindon in the evening.

The start of the Swindon meeting was delayed a bit and when his van arrived he went straight out onto the track as his bike had been warmed up in the back of the van, with the door ajar, during the last few miles of travel.

Stevie Worral will ride for both his teams, he rides at Poole at 11am and then he is going to Heathrow for a flight to get him to Edinburgh in the evening!

I thought I read on here that new rules had been agreed. If the rider is an asset of the EL club, the EL fixture takes priority, otherwise it is the PL fixture that takes priority (unless the PL fixture is a re-arranged fixture).

Assuming those rules have been implemented, Coventry on Good Friday, as far as I can see, will not be affected. Looking at the BSPA website, Fisher is the only rider with a clash as Workington (Howarth) and Rye House (Garrity) are not riding on that day. Fisher is a Bees asset, so his Bees fixture takes priority in this instance.

For Bees at Leicester on Easter Saturday, Howarth has a fixture clash as Workington are at Berwick. However, Rye House are not riding, so Garrity should be ok to ride for Bees. So over the two days, Bees should only be missing one rider in their away fixture.

That's what I thought, so how come Ben Barker is riding for Birmingham on Good Friday and not Plymouth who are at Somerset where Wethers is the guest. I thought Ben was a Coventry asset?

Surely missing No.1 riders, must hurt PL attendances :(

I would like to hope most fans of all teams support their team, not individual riders (Poole excepted of course).

I would like to hope most fans of all teams support their team, not individual riders (Poole excepted of course).

Are you supporting your team even if there are riders in your team that ride for other teams, when is your team not your team but you are just supporting a team name not the riders. If it is advertised as team x against team y but some of team x and y are riding for other teams, is this not a case for the Advertising Standards Agency. Surely it should be advertised as some of team x with guests against some of team y with guests otherwise youi are not getting what you thought you were paying for.

• Like 1

Good Friday racing is good...bigger crowds and good to have 2 of the top teams, Poole and Swindon, racing each other in the west country on the same day. Should be a good crowd at The Abbey tonight, my first visit of the season.

Good Friday racing is good...bigger crowds and good to have 2 of the top teams, Poole and Swindon, racing each other in the west country on the same day. Should be a good crowd at The Abbey tonight, my first visit of the season.

It also should be remembered what Good Friday means.

• Like 2

I am afraid I can't even think of going to a meeting on Good Friday, it is just the way I was brought up. It has always been a very special day for me. Such a shame that people no longer see it as such. Just the same as Christmas. All they mean to most children these days are lots of Easter Eggs and Advent calendars.

• Like 1

I am afraid I can't even think of going to a meeting on Good Friday, it is just the way I was brought up. It has always been a very special day for me. Such a shame that people no longer see it as such. Just the same as Christmas. All they mean to most children these days are lots of Easter Eggs and Advent calendars.

I totally agree with you ww. :t::approve:

It also should be remembered what Good Friday means.

It's a religious holiday observed mainly by Christians commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, that's what I was informed at school. Everyone to their own but I'm not religious so enjoy watching sport on this day, but respect people that have their own agenda and beliefs.

Edited by Les Cargot