British Speedway Forum
bullet

The Stags Ride Again!

Great news about the Stags being involved in the NL! Anyone have any ideas about who any of the riders will be? Will the whole team be rookies?

I think the fact that Williamson & Phillips signed for Dudley is more to due with the fact they were Dudley riders before the Stags returned. But equally I expect rookie riders who will make their league debut like Ryan MacDonald to make up most of the team with maybe just a number 1 of note. Adam Allot has been at Scunthorpe's winter series this year so maybe him.

• Like 1

Great news about the Stags being involved in the NL! Anyone have any ideas about who any of the riders will be? Will the whole team be rookies?

2 of them aint even chucked the leg over a speedway bike yet!!;-) but im sure they will soon be scooting around the EWR

• Like 2

montie, on 19 Jan 2014 - 5:17 PM, said:

2 of them aint even chucked the leg over a speedway bike yet!!;-) but im sure they will soon be scooting around the EWR

Is one of 'em Captain Birks then? :lol:

Great news for all concerned at Scunny and great news also for the NL with another track for the youngsters to ride. It all amounts to competitive track time which is worth its weight in gold.

Another team in the league is most welcome.A whole team of rookies it can not be, 60 point thrashings home & away will not be of much use to young riders.I expect to see a few well knowns in the team mixed in with those rookies.

Fantastic to see Scunthorpe back, as it is a track I always love visiting, and I shall endeavor to make it up there when Stoke are there.

As for a team, there are still a few familiar faces to Scunthorpe without a club, and given their aim to bring riders through, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few of them there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them tempt Gary Irving back to the sport, and potentially add Tommy Fenwick after a season out. They may even try and tempt James Birkinshaw back to ride, and have a good top 2 with rookies along the way.

Either way, it's good to see one of the better tracks at developing talent back in the NL.

• Like 1

Another team in the league is most welcome.A whole team of rookies it can not be, 60 point thrashings home & away will not be of much use to young riders.I expect to see a few well knowns in the team mixed in with those rookies.

someone from Dudley said that back in 2010 and i think we nearly stuck 60 points on you!!!pmsl

• Like 2

The score is immaterial when we're riding Cradley in any case, because it's just Scunthorpe A vs Scunthorpe B. ;)

(Just to point out, I don't have any problem with the make-up of the Cradley team at all :t: )

All the best

Rob

Couldn't understand Lucifer Sams post......awww I do now ( having looked at Cradley NL team.)....4 Scunny youngsters in it! So is Scunny team A or B ...that is the question? Not that it matters for this year eh! I say good luck to all British lads. This year anyway!

Does it matter where a rider first started? I hope that stags develop some good young riders for thr benefit of all british speedway.It does not matter where that rider goes to in the future, just as long as british speedway can move forward on the world stage in years to come.

• Like 1