British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Wonder when the rest of the line up will be announced

When all the invitations to the non-EL riders have been accepted!! :wink:

The top rider from each of the ten clubs will be in the line up. Lindgren and Harris also confirmed as wildcards.

Apparently prices are £25 for Adults, U12s free, 12-16 £5, Concessions £20.

For me personally its going to cost me £25 for me and my daughter which I think is ok for 22 heats of speedway but for fans who dont take kids or are couples they may find it difficult to afford them prices. I would have thought they would have reduced the price as its on Sky.

Will sti be there but agree would have thought it would have been cheaper cos on sky.

Maybe the last riders to be announced are going to be big GP stars lol. X

With Hancock being over that weekend expect him to be another announced soon

Apparently prices are £25 for Adults, U12s free, 12-16 £5, Concessions £20.

For me personally its going to cost me £25 for me and my daughter which I think is ok for 22 heats of speedway but for fans who dont take kids or are couples they may find it difficult to afford them prices. I would have thought they would have reduced the price as its on Sky.

£25 Sunday night at 6pm work the next day don't think so- but live on Skysports I defiantly think so its a no brainer to me . Why would anyone even think of going to this meeting ? If it was 3pm start and £15 to get in they would more than double the crowd .
  • Like 3

No doubt the start time is governed by Sky but as you say the price is far too high.

Is the price that high 21 heats rather than 15. It's normally £1.13 a heat but this meeting is £1.19. And two of your heats for £1.13 a heat are NL races!

Is the price that high 21 heats rather than 15. It's normally £1.13 a heat but this meeting is £1.19. And two of your heats for £1.13 a heat are NL races!

It will be 22 heats - so pretty much an identical cost per heat.

and opened up to GP- level riders to help justify the price to fans, despite any televised money from Sky!!!

Are you prepared to say what the Official Meeting Programme will cost, Neil? or is it included in the price, or are you waiting until Fans are already a captive audience?? :wink::P

Edited by Skidder1

World Cup at Kings Lynn last July £15 to get in = packed stadium even though it was on Sky Sports on a Monday night and I'd guess most people had either a day off work or half a day off work - will be interesting how few turn up at Brandon the days are long gone of this being anything like a big meeting it's little more than a competitive practice prior to the New Zealand GP £25 way way over priced whatever spin you put on it ,I will watch from the comfort of my arm chair as will lots more .
  • Like 2

and opened up to GP- level riders to help justify the price to fans, despite any televised money from Sky!!!

Are you prepared to say what the Official Meeting Programme will cost, Neil? or is it included in the price, or are you waiting until Fans are already a captive audience?? :wink::P

£4 - or free for those that can produce a 2013 ELRC re-admission ticket

http://www.speedwaygb.co/erc.html

Thanks for the link Neil

I,m pleased to see the results will follow after the meeting!!!! :wink::D