British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
James 12345

Riga Gp Tickets 2014

This GP has been a disaster from the start, surprised BSI let it get to this stage, up to last week the place was still a building site with no floodlights etc.

If tomorrow does go ahead the track is bound to be soft and cut up, with it being narrow and square bends can see it being a nightmare

In what way has it been a disaster? What is wrong with the stadium? Judging from the pics I have seen the stadium look fine and why does it matter if there aren't any

flood lights 1-2 weeks before the GP if they have been installed in time for the practice and actual race night? And why are you blaming the poor weather on the organizers? There

is nothing they can do about it. If it rains allot on the day before and the day of the GP what are they supposed to do about it? No un-roofed track in the world

would manage to stay unaffected by large amount of rains. If you remember last years at Cardiff, the track was in a very poor condition the day before the GP

despite that the track have a roof.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 2

That track should have been ready for racing weeks ago, and had a meeting or two - not just a few riders having a go.

It was a bit like Brazil and the world cup, finishing off at the last minute - rarely ever good management.

Lots of unqualified negative comments on here. The world is full of experts, it just they can never show it.

• Like 2

That is what helped the national team of Costa Rica?

It was a bit like Brazil and the world cup, finishing off at the last minute - rarely ever good management.

No luck with the weather
More recently we had the tropical heat. last week - rain showers. Old path - the concrete. new coating turns into a swamp

Fortuna non penis, in manus non recipe

BEEN back to the stadium this evening and they will have guys working throughout the night in case it rains again so that they can clear any surface water. Of course, at this stage there can be no absolute guarantees and I can think of many tracks in Britain that would already have called the meeting off.

It has the potential to be a terrific speedway stadium alongside a Nuremberg Ring type road racing circuit and an indoor go-kart track. They have plans for proper training schools to help nurture new speedway talent in Latvia and to raise the profile of the sport here. Much of what they are doing puts us (the UK) in the shade.

They have genuinely been unlucky with the weather and some problems with drainage which couldn't cope with the volume of water at one stage. But they haven't just sat back and done nothing. They have some high profile government officials due to attend tomorrow (including the Transport Minister).

It is very easy to criticise from afar but they have come a very long way in a short space of time and all they need now is for the weather to be favourable although the latest forecasts are not encouraging.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

It is very easy to criticise from afar but they have come a very long way in a short space of time and all they need now is for the weather to be favourable although the latest forecasts are not encouraging.

With around 460k euros of goverment money. It helps... = )

This info from BSF. EDIT: Probably by me quoted from somewhere else.

Edited by f-s-p

Not a great forecast tomorrow so is Sunday an option I wonder?

Edited by WembleyLion

With around 460k euros of goverment money. It helps... = )

This info from BSF. EDIT: Probably by me quoted from somewhere else.

Least they're interested in what they are spending the Latvian people's money on ..

Not a great forecast tomorrow so is Sunday an option I wonder?

YES ... 7am local time here and about to head off to the stadium. Dry night... fingers crossed

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

That track should have been ready for racing weeks ago, and had a meeting or two - not just a few riders having a go.

The track is/was ready, the current work is because it rained, allot.

Just seen a picture of the track from this morning, looks ready to me. Weather needs to behave itself though!