British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
James 12345

Riga Gp Tickets 2014

A mere question and not an attempt to annoy the more snooty touchy members of this forum but what has/is/will the weather be like in Daugavpils??

And just to add not exactly going swimmingly well with the new venues this year is it?

Forecast is a lot better. In Riga thunderstorms are predicted most of the day it was never going to go ahead today. I seen a picture of the track this morning and it look ok obviously the heavy rain has made it unrideable

Never saw a single poster advertising the meeting though.

I was there two weeks ago, there was nothing that even gave the impression that speedway going to be held in the city.

Strange, as there were plenty of handouts for events celebrating Riga's 809th birthday.

we've been in riga since friday morning and there's not been that much rain, especially today as it's dry now and had a nice sunny hot morning. think the reason it's off is more to do with incompetence rather than weather. can't go 2moro. shame.

Stuck in riga any advise on how to get to dugavphils tomorrow?

found a two year old post at tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274962-i7785-k5231208-Transportation_from_Riga_to_Daugavpils-Daugavpils_Latgale_Region.html

And also this website: http://www.latvia.travel/en/regional-transportation

Here are buses: http://www.bezrindas.lv/en/bus-tickets

in list select from: Rīgas SAO to:Daugavpils AO: http://www.bezrindas.lv/en/bus/choose/6573/1539/1/20140817/20140817

will cost you about 10 Euro,

we've been in riga since friday morning and there's not been that much rain, especially today as it's dry now and had a nice sunny hot morning.

think the reason it's off is more to do with incompetence rather than weather. can't go 2moro. shame.

So you're saying that the pics from the Danish motor union are false?

They clearly show large puddles of water both on and off track,

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

all i am saying is that i am in riga, right in the centre and sat outside. no rain here at the moment, we had a couple of showers earlier which have dried away from the paths etc. any other track could have coped. thete's still nearly 3hours till it eas due to start.

Weather today has been sunny with the odd light shower still undecided to do the 3rd bus ride tomorrow

Weather today has been sunny with the odd light shower still undecided to do the 3rd bus ride tomorrow

Agree with speedy

Agree with speedy

Track might be rubbish, but we all knew that a month ago. Now in a tent in Riga old town with 22 draught beers on tap, so not all bad, off to Dauga in the morning, it's a tough life!!

Organizers have spent a lot of money in the stadium reconstruction and did not drain? Shame

The race was canceled before rain, which started later, was a strong, but short-lived, about half an hour. Main reason for the race cancellation = bad track condition

The inside of the first turn - swamp. water nowhere to go

Lovely day today in Riga just as it was yesterday. The current weather has little to do with this being off. They were watering the track when I was there a few hours ago just before calling it off!

Heads need to roll on account of this shambles !

It was a disaster waiting to happen. The cause of cancellation was poor planning.

I feel sorry for those who have travelled to Riga, which I believe to be a lovely city, only now have to go elsewhere tomorrow.

Its ok for organisers to say some months ago the back up is Daugavpils, but using that option with just a few hours before the scheduled start is incredibly poor management IMO.

Heads should roll..