British Speedway Forum

Tai On Four Wheels

Con Migro, the man-in-charge, at the Perth Motorplex in West Australia, has just sent me this email message re Tai Woffinden:

"World Speedway champion "TERRIFIC" Tai Woffindin was back home in Perth for short time.

"The mighty champion raced a Wingless Sprint Car and demonstrated he is just as skilled on four as he is on two wheels."

The photos, taken by Peter Roebuck, can be viewed at -

http://midgetcarpanorama.proboards.com/thread/1289/tai-woffinden-sprint-car

Edited by Guest

Con Migro, the man-in-charge, at the Perth Motorplex in West Australia, has just sent me this email message re Tai Woffinden:

"World Speedway champion "TERRIFIC" Tai Woffindin was back home in Perth for short time.

"The mighty champion raced a Wingless Sprint Car and demonstrated he is just as skilled on four as he is on two wheels."

gustix - I wonder if the Photographer is any relation to a Peter Roebuck who played County Cricket for Somerset?

Is this the same Tai Woffinden who claims to be British ?

• Like 2

Is this the same Tai Woffinden who claims to be British ?

I missed that Jim. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think the quote about Tai "coming home' is probably for home town reference in Oz. He grew up in the Perth, West Australia, are after his family including dad Rob Woffinden emigrated there.

It was an indirect quote from Perth Motorplex boss Con Migro and not a substantive personal quote by Tai Woffinden. As I see it there's no need for anyone to get their personal underwear in a twist over something that is from a West Australian Press Release.

Anyone reading the Leigh Adams update article in the Star a couple of weeks ago, will know only too well that Leigh believes the current World Champion is truly Australian!! :D

Anyone reading the Leigh Adams update article in the Star a couple of weeks ago, will know only too well that Leigh believes the current World Champion is truly Australian!! :D

But are there any contra quotes on 'being British' by Tai Woffinden?

I think the fact that Tai was born in Scunthorpe, lives in Britain, has a British family and rides under a British licence should give you a clue as to his nationality.

• Like 1

If anyone after reading the clues you've given in your posting Conkers still fails to grasp the fact that Tai is indeed British, then I fear I might have severe neck problems as a result of shaking my head in sheer disbelief! ;):)

If anyone after reading the clues you've given in your posting Conkers still fails to grasp the fact that Tai is indeed British, then I fear I might have severe neck problems as a result of shaking my head in sheer disbelief! ;):)

What clues would they be Bryn ? the Australian Flag tattoed between his shoulder blades , helping the Aussies at WTC while being part of team GB , referring in conversations to Perth being "Home" and where he will return when he stops riding , finding the Time each winter to return "home" for a short Break before returning to England to to his summer job. your head could well be shaking but it's more likely to be Parkinsons disease than disbelief if you go around with open eyes ears and mind .

• Like 1

What clues would they be Bryn ?

I suggest you read 'Conkers' post! :rolleyes: Meanwhile anyone got any ideas as to best thing(s) to do to help ease an aching neck?

Personally I find the comment on Parkinsons disease here to be at best very distasteful and certainly very ignorant. I suggest you go and find out a little about said condition before making stupid ill informed remarks about it

• Like 2

I suggest you read 'Conkers' post! :rolleyes: Meanwhile anyone got any ideas as to best thing(s) to do to help ease an aching neck?

Twenty fags and a bottle of drink. :D

Twenty fags and a bottle of drink. :D

No good I'm afraid as I gave up smoking in March 2012.

• Like 1

No good I'm afraid as I gave up smoking in March 2012.

Did not know that, but good for you. I wish I could.

• Like 1