British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

Speedway Livestream 6 Days A Week

And that's all it's about isn't it? "me...me...me..." The sport can go to hell as long as you can still put a fiver on something at the bookies, can't it?

All that glitters is obviously 24 carat gold in BWitcherland...especially when it shines out of Terry Russell's backside.

You've clearly got some major issues. Has Mr Russell fired you in the past?

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. Well said josietoms. :t::approve: :approve:

There is enough fiddling in the Sport as it is without introducing something that has corruption for our Sport written all over it. :mad: :mad:

But people have been betting on Speedway for the last 50 years!!!!!!

I placed a £250 bet at 100/1 a few years ago on Poole winning the league from bottom. If it had been successful I would have won £25,250. But the BSPA moved the goalposts from 6 to 4 for the playoffs, ending any chance. I got a refund as the rules had been changed after the bet was placed.

How did the BSPA move the goalposts from 6 to 4 for the play offs. I never knew the BSPA set betting odds. Your maths are dodgy as well. You would only have won £25,000

would only cost that much if you lost every bet.

If you were watching 6 nights a week I would hope you would learn a bit and do better than that!

So when live speedway is on Monday night throughout the Summer many bookmakers bet through the meeting and there is no charge. So why should that change and become £7.50 per meeting?.

Edited by mickthemuppet

if there's a 60/90 second delay, as long as your live at the meeting, with your device or friend in the the bookies, you should do ok :-)

but as far as laying is concerned, I think it is far too easy to encourage corruption :-(

if your 'bookies blood', its gotta be better than cartoon dogs n horses, or even a night of all weather rubbish, (imo)

Edited by ruffdiamond

if there's a 60/90 second delay, as long as your live at the meeting, with your device or friend in the the bookies, you should do ok :-)

but as far as laying is concerned, I think it is far too easy to encourage corruption :-(

if your 'bookies blood', its gotta be better than cartoon dogs n horses, or even a night of all weather rubbish, (imo)

If there is any delay then it would not work as a person at the track can inform anyone at the bookies the result of the race nefore betting closes.

It is also hard to bet on team racing. You can have a race with Ty Proctor and Ashley Morris at Monmore Green against Adam Ellis and Richard Lawson with Wolves having a good night so far. TyProctor would be odds on favourite while Ashley Morris would be around 5/2. Wolves gate and Proctor team rides Morris home to win.

A quick call if there is a delay and a real dead cert bet is placed. If there is no delay, anyone putting money on Protor would feel cheated when he clearly wants to finish second. Sadly I can't see this working but do feel it would be great in individual meetings like the SEC or SGP but even then you can get a rider staying with a safe second to qualify for the fina rather than going for the win.

Be fun at the WTC when riders are losing races to play, or stop opponents playing the joker. Another obvious problem is when a reserve is brought in after the odds are laid on the programmed riders, & there isn't time to price the race up again.

Are the naysayers against this innovation being deliberately thick?

It has been pointed out already many times that betting has been available online for individual races for quite a few years.

And yes, in team matches on Sky.

The whole Speedway world has not caved in.

That will continue but there will now be an option to actually see the action on your ipad or computer from many more matches, all week.

Obviously there will be no ability to bet on a race AFTER it has actually started at the track.

The betting on the race will close as soon as the tapes go up and we watching at home will get the time delayed view of the race just that little bit later.

This is not complicated.

I think it just sounds like a great idea if it can be made to work well for the benefit of the Sport.

As yet my only query just concerns how Speedway itself gets it's income stream flowing from this.
At the moment the statements announcing this do not make that clear.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

So when live speedway is on Monday night throughout the Summer many bookmakers bet through the meeting and there is no charge. So why should that change and become £7.50 per meeting?.

We dont know that there will be a charge or what it will be if it is.

My point was answering the possibke total cost for the given scenario which I felt was flawed - unless every bet was a dud

I'm not a naysayer, just having a bit of fun over the potential delay.

I would like to ask one honest question though. How does betting bring money into speedway apart from a coverage fee for each meeting??

Fair enough on your part.

But I am not so sure the others were having fun at all.

On the money side.

A coverage fee for each meeting would do, fine and dandy.

But is that on the cards?

Where is everyone getting this time delay from. Greyhound Racing runs perfectly . There is no question of time delay. If there was the bookmakers would not be betting on it.

Be fun at the WTC when riders are losing races to play, or stop opponents playing the joker. Another obvious problem is when a reserve is brought in after the odds are laid on the programmed riders, & there isn't time to price the race up again.

Quite simple really. The programme riders will not be named as it will say what Betfair did in the past which was for example 1.Back Poole 2 Back Swindon 3.Draw

or 1)Poole Red 2) Poole Blue 3).Swindon White. 4).SwindonYellow and Black Then a third set of Betting could be a 5-1,4-2,3-3,2-4,1-5. So there is a choice of 11 bets on one race.

Of course the big tumbling block to any of this happening is Bookmakers putting up the odds Currently there are six bookmakers laying on non TV meetings although Sportingbet have now stopped taking bets on any Speedway anywhere .B/Win and Unibet are almost useless as sometimes they will not take a £50 bet

but rather like mainstream TV coverage for thev sport to benefit it has to show the sport in a good light, offer sponsorship opportunities and bring in more revenue than is lost at the turnstiles.

But they just had 15 years of superb SKY TV coverage and did none of that.

But suddenly having one camera concentrating on the guy in front in a betting shop where nobody is interested at all in the racing just who wins will bring these opportunities?

For punters to be able to bet on 3-3, 4-2 and 5-1 they would have to understand the sport and it's hard enough for those of us interested in it to figure it out.

So it will be RBYW but as rmc above mentioned people will soon get p#ssed off when they realise red and blue may team ride and a rider may deliberately come 2nd or 3rd.

Chasing stuffed rabbits is an established sport that punters like and the idea that speedway will be in every betting shop in the country is beyond laughable.

A fad for a week and then back to the stuffed bunny.

Another rainbow chased by speedway in a vain attempt to find another pot of gold that will never materialise.

Where is everyone getting this time delay from. Greyhound Racing runs perfectly . There is no question of time delay. If there was the bookmakers would not be betting.

I think some element of delay was first mentioned by the 'Sky insiders' we have on the forum whose knowledge of the technology to be employed is greater than mine.

The current Greyhound coverage does not use the methods envisaged for Speedway.

But I find it rather comical that people here would try and tell the bookies not to take bets on a race that has already been run.

As if they had not thought of that!

All the other concerns about races and betting are equally amusing.

Does everyone think that all trainers, jockeys and horses are always putting in the same effort in every race.

There are a multitude of concerns and suppositions to be made when betting on anything.

Speedway will be no different on that regard to a meeting at say Leopardstown where a certain trainer may have two horses running in a race only to find that his odds-on favourite gets beaten by his yard's supposed 'no-hoper'. And someone 'in the know' could make a good profit.

Personally I cannot imagine that this gets 'big' at all.

Speedway just does not appeal to the masses.

And betting on Speedway won't either.

But if it adds to my enjoyment of the next season I'll be all for it.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Doesnt Speedway have a built in fail safe for the bookies re time delayed streaming?

Its called the two minute warning. All they would have to do is close bets when it was sounded.

How did the BSPA move the goalposts from 6 to 4 for the play offs. I never knew the BSPA set betting odds. Your maths are dodgy as well. You would only have won £25,000

My maths is correct. I get my initial £250 bet back as well as winnings.

BSPA moved the goalposts reducing the teams in the playoffs from 6 to 4 rendering the terms under which I placed the bet invalid. William Hill refunded me after a phone call to them.

Fair enough on your part.

But I am not so sure the others were having fun at all.

On the money side.

A coverage fee for each meeting would do, fine and dandy.

But is that on the cards?

I wasn't. :nono:

Betting in Speedway as envisaged on here WILL bring further Corruption in to the Sport. :sad: :sad:

I wasn't. :nono:

Betting in Speedway as envisaged on here WILL bring further Corruption in to the Sport. :sad: :sad:

And here was I feeling that we were all as pure as the driven snow.

Next we will be getting lectures on the demon drink.

And - heaven forfend - FORNICATION.

I think I will make a placard to walk around at Oxford Circus.

THE END IS NIGH.

• Like 1