British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Fim Bans Participation In European Championships

On March the 10th there will be a meeting between representatives of the FIM and the Polish Company One Sport, owner of the rights to organize Speedway European Championships.

Its owner, Mr Adam Kruzynski talking to sportowefakty.pl reveals that it is the first time they are invited to such a talks. Now that the ban of GP riders to compete in the SEC has been suspended Mr Kruzynski is convinced that it will be easier to find a common ground to talk .

He said - I think it is a good decision , above all for speedway everywhere. It gives hope that there is a room for a fair competition and exchange of views . That should push us forward , and give opportunity to develop and allow us not to be treated as a backwater . It is time that we began to democratize this sport - added Krużyński .

Supporters of the GP’s riders ban to compete in the SEC were saying that it was unfair that the One Sport paid for the SEC cycle much less money than the BSI for the SGP . Adam Krużyński considers this argument as ridiculous. He adds that the OneSport company will want to purchase the rights to the SEC for subsequent years.

- We want to renew the contract . We have a contract for three years and we want to extend it for a further three . The contract for the Speedway Best Pairs also assumed that it will run until 2018. … When it comes to talks about money for the rights to the SEC for the next installment , we mainly want to talk about the value of this product. If we are convinced of what it actually is, it is logical that the talk about the money will appear. I do not agree with assumption that for the BSI it was the most important point , because they were not in the same situation as we were when we bought the rights to the SEC. We paid for a complete corpse , for something that before us no one offered any money at all. . In contrast, the BSI buying the rights to GPs from Mr John Postlethwaite, gained the finished product , with several years of tradition and prestige. Telling us today that we have paid less is ridiculous to me . One should also note that there is only a year behind us , and we have already managed to built a brand. There are two more years ahead of us, and so many good things might happen . Then this product will have a different value for us, for the FIM and the sponsors. Then we can sit down for new talks - said Krużyński .

Suspension of the ban for GPS riders to compete in the SEC is seen in Poland as a OneSport success, but only a partial one. Adam Krużyński believes, however, that the forthcoming talks with FIM will lead to the full compromise. –

Most importantly, we will have the opportunity to talk . During this meeting, I want to ask these questions. Firstly, why this ban was introduced at all , what was it to regulate. We'll ask the same questions that we were to present in courts, namely about the principle of fair competition and access of people to the labour market We have a year to sit at the table and find a common formula of cooperation. Withdrawal of this ban for a year can be treated as the gate , which is to show that on the one hand, the FIM has not lost in this case , on the other hand , wants to have the option to withdraw this decision. If we are able to argue why the ban should be lifted , I believe it will be completely abolished - Adam Krużyński ended

- We want to renew the contract . We have a contract for three years and we want to extend it for a further three . The contract for the Speedway Best Pairs also assumed that it will run until 2018. … When it comes to talks about money for the rights to the SEC for the next installment , we mainly want to talk about the value of this product. If we are convinced of what it actually is, it is logical that the talk about the money will appear. I do not agree with assumption that for the BSI it was the most important point , because they were not in the same situation as we were when we bought the rights to the SEC. We paid for a complete corpse , for something that before us no one offered any money at all. . In contrast, the BSI buying the rights to GPs from Mr John Postlethwaite, gained the finished product , with several years of tradition and prestige. Telling us today that we have paid less is ridiculous to me . One should also note that there is only a year behind us , and we have already managed to built a brand. There are two more years ahead of us, and so many good things might happen . Then this product will have a different value for us, for the FIM and the sponsors. Then we can sit down for new talks - said Krużyński .

Appreciating you're just the messenger, but what a load of ridiculous propaganda. OneSport don't make themselves look very credible by issuing these sorts of statements.

In all fairness i quite agree and have stated some of the things that have been put in this post.

A lot of opponents on here keep saying the title of SEC is nothing,i have been to a number of Euro Championship meetings before One Sport took over.....low key affairs.Now they have changed all of that imo and the opinion of a lot of others.So why should they pay the same or similar as BSI when the title is meaningless?They should only pay the going rate for a second level title.The fact that they have turned things around shouldn't be held against them

Edited by iris123

So why should they pay the same or similar as BSI when the title is meaningless?They should only pay the going rate for a second level title.The fact that they have turned things around shouldn't be held against them

Indeed, but the problem is should the European Championship stay as a second level title or be allowed to effectively competing with the World Championship?

There may well be issues with the current SGP arrangements, but introducing rival series is not the way forward in the long term either.

• Like 1

Adam Krużyński is not One Sport representative! He is owner of Nice company - one of main SEC sponsors ...

SEC doesn't want to compete with SGP - dates of the meetings are different, venues are different ... But this ban is really stupid! There are to less speedway riders to bring such stupid regulations!

Agreed ban is stupid but so is all the fuss relating to it in many ways.

Really only people likely to have been entering both for certain was Nicki, Emil & AJ. Lot of pain and hassle for a small number of riders

Indeed, but the problem is should the European Championship stay as a second level title or be allowed to effectively competing with the World Championship?

There may well be issues with the current SGP arrangements, but introducing rival series is not the way forward in the long term either.

But can anything compete with the world title?It shouldn't be possible.For a start it is conceivable that the SEC might not have, say the top three riders in the world.That is a big drop in standard for a start, as there are really so few top class riders.The FIM have also made the world U21 title into a series.I don't see why another competition can't go the same way.There is no getting away from the fact it is a lower level series.Just they seem to have got some things right,like European wide free tv coverage.At least it is free to my house,so that is a big,big plus :party:

Appreciating you're just the messenger, but what a load of ridiculous propaganda. OneSport don't make themselves look very credible by issuing these sorts of statements.

I believe that to have a balance view one needs to hear both sides, therefore, if I can, I try to provide views of the other one, not always available among English speaking audience.

It so easy to label things as propaganda. If it is, it exist on both sides, but tell me why you do you think they (OneSport) don't make themselves look very credible?

Edited by PolskiZuzel

The FIM have also made the world U21 title into a series.

Yes, but that's clearly for a different set of riders, although it's not inconceivable that one or two U21 riders would be good enough to ride in the SGP. In the old days, it wasn't possible to compete in both the WC and WU21 (or at least the later rounds), and in my opinion that's the way it should be now.

I don't see why another competition can't go the same way.

The difference is the SEC could conceivably feature exactly the same riders as the SGP, or as we've seen, potentially poach riders from the 'higher' competition.

Not good for the sport at all, although we shouldn't ignore the issues with the current SGP arrangements.

If it is, it exist on both sides, but tell me why you do you think they (OneSport) don't make themselves look very credible?

The manner of their attacks on BSI, their presentation of how great they are in comparison, their protestations of victimisation and being hard done by the authorities, how the Poles are so badly treated by a 'British' company, and so on...

This mess was created by the FIM and their idiot offspring at FIM Europe - I don't blame BSI or OneSport for seeing the opportunities and taking them - but the companies involved should behave with respect and professionalism towards each other.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 4

The difference is the SEC could conceivably feature exactly the same riders as the SGP, or as we've seen, potentially poach riders from the 'higher' competition.

Not good for the sport at all, although we shouldn't ignore the issues with the current SGP arrangements.

Think a lot is just making a mountain out of a molehill.We had it before years ago.The Internationale was as good as if not often a better line-up as the world final.There is nothing basically in speedway stopping one or two promoters getting together and starting a one off big money meeting or a series.It isn't going to be called the world final because it isn't.It happened before in speedway that we had more than one world title and it happens in other sports,but this isn't a world title.And with at least a couple of Australian riders looking like featuring in the top echelons of the sport this title won't,like i said feature all the best riders.

Think a lot is just making a mountain out of a molehill.We had it before years ago.The Internationale was as good as if not often a better line-up as the world final.

You could add the (old) BLRC to that as well, and of course there was the Mickey mouse Champions Cup. I think though, it's less of an issue if they're clearly different focuses and formats.

And with at least a couple of Australian riders looking like featuring in the top echelons of the sport this title won't,like i said feature all the best riders.

So it's the best riders in the world minus Australia? Makes it even worse.

Ideally there should be a clear hierarchy in competition structure, although with speedway primarily being European based it blurs the issues.

So it's the best riders in the world minus Australia? Makes it even worse.

Oh,i don't know.Sounds like a pretty good idea to me :rofl:

Let's imagine that the FIA and F1 went the same way that the FIM and speedway has gone....

Does anyone really think that things would be fine with the media partners of F1 if a new series was allowed to be started where European drivers or European teams were free to compete in alongside the F1 series?

Despite its "Global image", F1 isn't so different from speedway as it's really still a European based series when it comes to drivers and teams even if the series visits tracks all round the Globe.

Consider the fact that the 2013 final standings had non European drivers placed, as far as I can quickly work out, as follows: 3.Webber, 8.Massa, 11.Perez, 14.Ricciardo, 16.Gutierrez, 18.Maldonado

When it comes to teams, it's even worse...The only non European teams were 6.Force India Mercedes and 11.Caterham-Renault, and both of those were actually based in Europe despite the ownership being outside of Europe.

So, if all the F1 teams decided to take part in another "European" series alongside the Global F1 series, how well do you think that would sit with those that had paid for the rights to run the F1 series, or the TV companies that paid to show the F1 series....

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 2

Sensible decision.Just a pity the FIM made themselves look like a bunch of fools in getting to this stage

• Like 2