British Speedway Forum

There are three kinds of people in this world........

Those that can count and those who can't.

• Like 2

Judging by this - you are right. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the swear filter for you, and I tried to fool it as well

• Like 1

I think people are being very unkind.

Poor Colin asks a perfectly civil question and had to do so whilst overcoming his own limitations.

It would be cruel to send him in the direction of Amazon, Ebay or even Google to search for his Book.

The search facility would clearly be beyond him.

An audio book, a picture book or an easy-to-read large print edition may be the way to go.

Perhaps he could speak to his key-worker, or his educational access point will have a designated SENCO who could assist him.

Hilarious series of posts. There are some brilliant people on this forum. Not everyone has brilliant spelling, literacy or grammar and you just accept that. Except the despairing literacy teacher who can't punctuate his sentence. And it's a surprise our literacy rate in this country is among the worst in Europe, is it?

You couldn't write it, well not in a grammatically correct way, anyway!

Christ is (or was) a literacy teacher?

So it would seem.

There are three kinds of people in this world........

Those that can count and those who can't.

There are in fact two types of people:

1-Those who divide people into two types

2-Those who don't.

There are in fact two types of people:

1-Those who divide people into two types

2-Those who don't.

Ah! I wasn't counting on that .........

• Like 1

Most reasonably intelligent people, if interested in finding books on Ipswich Speedway would look on a bookseller's website - there's a really good one called Amazon. Alternatively they would look on Google. Instead you lazily asked others to do the work for you. Are you surprised at the reaction?

Now, clearly you're not 'special needs', just another lazy, foul-mouthed idiot. I'm afraid we've already got our quota filled so you'll haver to apply elsewhere.

• Like 2

I only have a GCE in English so I am a bit hesitant about getting involved in this thread!

Anyway the original question was about books concerning Ipswich Speedway. Web sites will throw up anything obvious but one which might be more obscure was written by (ghosted probably) John Louis in the late 1970s. He was very much an Ipswich icon so there will be a lot about the club in it.

Apologies for anything not up to MA standard. And please none of you comma commandos go looking for the book. It was very badly edited and will likely give you palpitations.

"Inside Speedway" by John Louis - usually available on ebay, as is it's sequel.

I wonder if anyone has read Cinderfellas by Dave Lanning and could advise me of what they thought of it please?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ian. :)