British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

mark pawsey mp is easy to contact, you can easily find email/website by typing it in google

Well, that's not right because I've just typed 'it' in Google and it's come up with a right load of old rubbish.

• Like 2

“Sandhu is a man of his word and he guaranteed that we have those three years, so really the hard work for me starts now in terms of finding a new home"

problem is he has sold the land so has no control over it once the ink is dry

Still seems odd he will sell land and then spend just as much to set something up somewhere else.

I hope for the Bees fans something is sorted for them.

I would imagine as a speedway fan he is fully aware and doesn't need hundreds of fans bombarding him in the same way a non-speedway riding/supporting MP would. Thats kind of why is such a big deal, he will care anyway,

Then you have the wrong attitude pal. Because if you do make your feelings known, then he will automatically think you don't give a monkeys whether you stay or go...

• Like 1

Will the residents of Rugby road now fight the plans?? Will be good to know what the actual plans are !! Houses, flats or supermarket etc..

I am not a Coventry fan or Coventry resident.

But if I were, I think I would find myself it a rather large quandry, right now.

Do I 'side' with Mr Sandhu, or not?

Mr Sandhu is selling to 'developers' who in three years time will demolish the Stadium and end Motorsports on the site.

But I thought that the Coventry folk were telling us of restrictions that would prevent this being allowed.

I also imagine that the people of Binley Woods are going use every possible element of the planning system to try and prevent the development.

So if I were a 'Bee'.
Do I say "well done Avtar?"
"Enjoy your retirement?"

Or, do I summon up all resourses to fight the redevelopment?

And Man the Barricades.

Im surprised Sandhu has sold the land without getting a track sorted elsewhere and for a fraction of what its worth.

Has he been forced into it?

It surely can't just be over like that? We need to know whos hes sold it to and whether they have any previous on this front.

Just sounds to me like theyve given up fighting for it already. :/

Fans need to make sure they do everything to make sure that this land is not built on and can only be used as a sporting venue.

A big housing estate on a road that will be more jammed up than it already is? Plenty of fight in this and it seems Sandhu wants the speedway out in 3 years to build. Why? If he has sold it to a development company he can now turn around and fight the re=development, or is he in favour of it?

Just all comes down to a 3 year countdown to oblivion IMO.

That is all very good SS, but while there are people fighting to try to stop a development happening, the new venue/stadium is not being looked for or built. If the fans go down this route, with the clock ticking, 3 years could arrive, with nothing resolved. Example, Oxford, the argument rumbles on. And as we know, usually, the land owners eventually win. A new venue search starting now has to be the best option, in my humble.

It is a good question !! Best possible site for speedway is Brandon. He must be getting a hell of a deal as a move elsewhere even for land isn't cheap and if others can buy land and build why don't we just build on the current site.

You can't put a price on the history, tradition and memories of Coventry Stadium. That's my biggest issue on this. Why move when you have a home??

• Like 1

Im surprised Sandhu has sold the land without getting a track sorted elsewhere and for a fraction of what its worth.

You are??? :o

It is a good question !! Best possible site for speedway is Brandon. He must be getting a hell of a deal as a move elsewhere even for land isn't cheap and if others can buy land and build why don't we just build on the current site.

You can't put a price on the history, tradition and memories of Coventry Stadium. That's my biggest issue on this. Why move when you have a home??

I'm sure BV fans said the same when they had to move out of Hyde Rd.

I'm sure BV fans said the same when they had to move out of Hyde Rd.

And I expect you will say the same when the Abbey's time comes.

Coventry dogs have secured a backer that will see them continue for the three year lease they also have!

Edited by Ommer UM Speedway Blog

Perhaps this is the key to the situation. Someone said or said an article suggested Mr Sandhu will be getting £1m for the stadium, but perhaps it is more? Maybe someone close to Mr Sandhu should ask him how much he is willing to pledge to build a new venue, then speedway, stock cars and perhaps the greyhounds wil know what they have to 'play with'. Perhaps Mr Sandhu is looking for the other stakeholders to put up some cash?