British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

This may sound a bit strange, but if I had a piece of land like Brandon then I would of said to the developer, yes I will sell it, but you find us a new home as part of the deal!! I might not get as much money out of the deal, but if the developer really wanted it they would. Or is that being to simplistic? I have seen many local non league football clubs go down this route, even to the extent of getting a brand new club house and lots of money spent on the pitch etc.

• Like 4

Perhaps this is the key to the situation. Someone said or said an article suggested Mr Sandhu will be getting £1m for the stadium, but perhaps it is more? Maybe someone close to Mr Sandhu should ask him how much he is willing to pledge to build a new venue, then speedway, stock cars and perhaps the greyhounds wil know what they have to 'play with'. Perhaps Mr Sandhu is looking for the other stakeholders to put up some cash?

I think the suggested £1m is way off the mark. We know where that figure came from originally , but I am pretty certain the the stadium has a much higher value than that.

I think the suggested £1m is way off the mark. We know where that figure came from originally , but I am pretty certain the the stadium has a much higher value than that.

Does the value of the land depend a lot on what type of planning permission it has?

Best wishes with your search for new pastures by the way, it wouldn't be the same without the Bees :)

Edited by Pirate Nick
  • Like 4

Well, that's not right because I've just typed 'it' in Google and it's come up with a right load of old rubbish.

Mark Pawsey phone 01788 579 499 email mark.pawsey.mp@parliament.uk

Does the value of the land depend a lot on what type of planning permission it has?

Best wishes with your search for new pastures by the way, it would be the same without the Bees :)

If it had planning granted for housing then I would imagine a site that size would be worth a small fortune. But even as it stands today i would think £ 1M is way too low .

• Like 2

The best option for the fans would be a joint venture between Sandhu & Findlay. Whether they are interested in working together, is another matter.

Will a new housing estate create more traffic than speedway, greyhounds and Stock Cars?

The Stadium is going to be gone and the clock is ticking on finding a new venue. Not easy! Ask Cradley!

• Like 1

Coventry dogs have secured a backer that will see them continue for the three year lease they also have!

Or have they suddenly realised they will get a payment to quit the lease if they are still active?

Or have they suddenly realised they will get a payment to quit the lease if they are still active?

Dont know but my comment is fact and yours is just a guess. The dogs are running again on Friday and Saturday for the foreseable future!

The dogs being there still will involve them in talks with a new site possibily!

Dave..... :lol: I really thought you would get my sense of humour after all these years.

............kingbee.........Mark Pawsey phone 01788 579 499 email mark.pawsey.mp@parliament.uk

I'm obviously slipping in my attempts to make a jokey comment. :P

Edited by Gemini

Will a new housing estate create more traffic than speedway, greyhounds and Stock Cars?

The Stadium is going to be gone and the clock is ticking on finding a new venue. Not easy! Ask Cradley!

Its that cars will enter and exit the site on a much more regular basis is the problem, kind of different for one night a week in a condensed amount of time.

That's a very good point, lease termination payments can sometimes be very attractive..

Probably, because where your entrance is now leading to your car park and Stadium will be a road leading to the housing estate. Think of all that ground, including the car park. Lot of ground there.. The sooner you Coventry fans get a petition and a leader together and front Sandhu and whoever else the better. But imo you will be wasting your time, but if you want to save the stadium and speedway, you need to give it a go, and make yourselves well, heard... Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Edited by Starman2006

Dave..... :lol: I really thought you would get my sense of humour after all these years.

I'm obviously slipping in my attempts to make a jokey comment. :P

Hi Gem I thought IT was very funny

• Like 1

If the site has planning permission to build houses on 1m is nowhere near its value ,you can speak to your local council and find out if an application has been granted surley though someone who lives round there will know as they would have to be informed and given the right to oppose the application