British Speedway Forum
baz brush

Coventry Stadium Sold

the best way to get publicity throughout the season is to get brandon rammed solid with fans, and prove to the local press/mp/councillors etc, what they could be about to lose

thats made a massive difference for the 12 000 who no longer go to CCFC matches...

not

Dont know but my comment is fact and yours is just a guess. The dogs are running again on Friday and Saturday for the foreseable future!

The dogs being there still will involve them in talks with a new site possibily!

they won't be running on Friday night for long Friday night is speedway night

I've already emailed mark Pawsey how many others have all the key board warriors on here get your emails sent lets make ourselves heard now

• Like 1

Well somebody has to explain to Coventry fans whats going on, don't they? And Sandhu seems to be in the firing line.

I dont see how you can say Sandhu is in the firing line I think most of the Bees fans are pretty supportive of him after he took on the Promoters along with Rick Frost a few years ago before getting totally shafted by your promoter and his cronies which as most fans agree was the reason why both of them walked away from our sport.Always has and always will be one of the worst days in Speedway history .He has confirmed with Mick Horton he will be allowed to run for the three seasons before the sale is completed which gives Mick a chance to bring in some much needed cash from what should be I hope some very healthy crowds as unfortunately the bees will not be at Brandon after that unless I win the euro millions for around 30 million then I can outbid the pesky builders and keep the Bees where they belong .I,m an optimist by the way :neutral:

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the garden centre across the road has sold? Both Brandon and that are prime development sites and certainly wouldn't come cheap. But an absolute banker for one of the big national developers like Wimpey.. I can just picture the hoardings outside selling the " executive homes" :cry::mad:

I dont see how you can say Sandhu is in the firing line I think most of the Bees fans are pretty supportive of him after he took on the Promoters along with Rick Frost a few years ago before getting totally shafted by your promoter and his cronies which as most fans agree was the reason why both of them walked away from our sport. Always has and always will be one of the worst days in Speedway history .He has confirmed with Mick Horton he will be allowed to run for the three seasons before the sale is completed which gives Mick a chance to bring in some much needed cash from what should be I hope some very healthy crowds as unfortunately the bees will not be at Brandon after that unless I win the euro millions for around 30 million then I can outbid the pesky builders and keep the Bees where they belong .I,m an optimist by the way :neutral:

The 2014 EL and the state of British Speedway proves that.

• Like 6

Does anyone know if the garden centre across the road has sold? Both Brandon and that are prime development sites and certainly wouldn't come cheap. But an absolute banker for one of the big national developers like Wimpey.. I can just picture the hoardings outside selling the " executive homes" :cry::mad:

The garden centre had the for sale sign taken down sometime ago but does not appear to be sold.

the best way to get publicity throughout the season is to get brandon rammed solid with fans, and prove to the local press/mp/councillors etc, what they could be about to lose

You'd never get Brandon rammed solid with fans as it holds over 12,000 and those days are long gone. A quarter of that is about all you could hope for and in any case since having the air fence everyone has to stand at least half way up the steps to be able to see.

my next door neighbour was a rugby counciler he told me last year planning had been refused for that site on numerous accassions

The garden centre had the for sale sign taken down sometime ago but does not appear to be sold.

no point anyway, i thought sandhu owned this as going to be kennels for the dogs.

however if the land gets a change of use for housing then the plot across the road wont last too long either

I would imagine that the development company who intend to buy Brandon will be well aware of the fight they will encounter to get planning on the land.

Making any changes at the stadium has been extremely hard work for the owners for as long as I can remember ,due to the council stance. However we have seen similar situations in the past, and the developers always win in the end.

I suppose that if the stadium keeps operating while the fight for planning goes ahead it will give the new owners some small return on their investment. :unsure:

Back handers spring to mind when all else has failed to get there own way !

I'm sure that you are right, but in this case Rugby planners have always been very anti any development of that part of Brandon. No stadium improvements to speak of allowed, nothing happened with the garden centre across the road, no funeral parlour etc.

They just appear to want to maintain the "status quo" of the area.

• Like 1

I'm sure that you are right, but in this case Rugby planners have always been very anti any development of that part of Brandon. No stadium improvements to speak of allowed, nothing happened with the garden centre across the road, no funeral parlour etc.

They just appear to want to maintain the "status quo" of the area.

Cant see the people who live outside the stadium allowing the mighty Quo to appear :rofl:

Edited by FTM

Cant see the people who live outside the stadium allowing the mighty Quo to appear :rofl:

They might just have to when the" Piledriver" moves in.. As i have no doubt some "hard rock " will be encountered... :D

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 1