British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Joonas Kylmakorpi Testimonial - Saturday 22nd March

I'm a bit surprised there isn't already a thread for this meeting as there's quite a strong line-up announced!!

The full listing from the Eagles website:

Full line-up

1. Joonas Kylmakorpi
2. Fredrik Lindgren
3. Hans Andersen
4. Cameron Woodward
5. Bjarne Pedersen
6. Lewis Bridger
7. Tyron Proctor
8. Kim Nilsson (injury permitting)
9. Mikkel Michelsen
10. Chris Harris
11. David Watt
12. Peter Karlsson
13. Troy Batchelor
14. Antonio Lindback
15. Simon Gustafsson
16. Adam Skórnicki

A very strong line-up imo. Good to see Lindback over here again!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

It is surprising but it has generated a lot of publicity on facebook and I hope that a big crowd will turnout. It will be an opportunity to see some big stars as well as four of the 2014 Eagles, not that they are not big stars of course !

• Like 1

It is surprising but it has generated a lot of publicity on facebook and I hope that a big crowd will turnout. It will be an opportunity to see some big stars as well as four of the 2014 Eagles, not that they are not big stars of course !

Simon Gustafsson is a huge star sussex bulldog! ;)

Think Joonas has managed to get a cracking line up for this meeting, believe that there will be a pretty big crowd for this be good to see a big crowd at Arlington for a change!

Really looking forward to this but I guess it will be pretty cold as it usually is at this time of year and thermals are advised ! :-)

Lunch time practice for this meeting has been cancelled. Hope the meeting gets to go ahead

Think Joonas has managed to get a cracking line up for this meeting, believe that there will be a pretty big crowd for this be good to see a big crowd at Arlington for a change!

There wasn't a big crowd ( 1 deep on the home straight !)

Meeting report please anyone that went.was the ref correct to exclude Lewis in the final?

probably!! :P

As a father with son pair of Bradford fans down for Havvy's farewell, we thought we'd take in Eastbourne as well, but we came away (after heat 12 actually) disappointed, thought the crowd was poor for an opening meeting and the racing mediocre,appreciate it's a small tight track and we're used to getting our weekly fix at big, fast tracks, currently Sheffield and previously Bradford, so shouldn't really judge it on 12 races.

Thoughts on Arlington stadium, well lit,both track and centerfield, good and numerous catering facilities, track was well prepared for so early in the season, but overall impression was that this is a classic example of why speedway venues need dragging into the 21st century if new followers are to be won over to speedway, I know it all comes back to money, but you've got to speculate to accumulate.

I was at Arlington and very dissapointed by crowd number but I guess this was down to the bad weather.

I do not believe the track was up to usual standard but Bob and his crew worked hard to get the meeting on.

There is a full report on live updates.

Hmm. as usual i'm afraid very little pasing during an Arlington meeting. Having watched 2 really good meetings so far at Peterborough and Plymouth (large and small) i'm not sure what the probem with the Eastbourne track is..i've read many times it's a 'trick track'..but why exactly?

Edited by Mike.Butler

It's the shape mike, there have been plenty of small tracks like wolves, mildenhall and trelawny that have produced good racing. There are others like eastbourne, lakeside and crayford that are/were tricky. To be fair The racing at rye house has improved in the last few seasons.