British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whowasthatberntpersson

Teterow / Gustraw

Quite a festival of speedway / long track happening in early June. Including a under 21 WTC semi at Gustraw on the 7th June, Individual speedway on the 9th besides the famous grass / long track action at Teterow.

Anyone going? Anyone been there before?

Looking at the best places to stay, getting around, any info or advice really.

Two speedway and two long track meetings in one weekend, sounds appealing.

Quite a festival of speedway / long track happening in early June. Including a under 21 WTC semi at Gustraw on the 7th June, Individual speedway on the 9th besides the famous grass / long track action at Teterow.

Anyone going? Anyone been there before?

Looking at the best places to stay, getting around, any info or advice really.

Two speedway and two long track meetings in one weekend, sounds appealing.

Sounds good-too soon after the Prague GP trip for me however-looks as if the U21 team semi is between the Czechs,Germans Brits and the Aussies.Only the winners guaranteed to go to the final.

Edit don`t think there is anything on on the 9th

2nd Edit Monday 9th is bank holiday in Germany -there is a GP qualifying round in Abensberg which is nowhere near Teterow

Edited by racers and royals

I was under the impression that the Gustraw club were hosting an individual meeting on one of the days, not 100% sure though.

The WTC semi is in Teterow :)

06.06 Gustrow - Junior challenge (speedway)

07.06 Teterow - Bergring rennen (longtrack)

07.06 Teterow - WTC semi (speedway)

08.06 Teterow - Bergring rennen (longtrack)

08.06 Gustrow - pfingspokal (speedway)

If you go by car (from Calais for example) you can also go to Blijham/NL on the 9th for an international speedway meeting. It's only an 45 minute drive extra :)

Been before and it is great....well let's say,Teterow is different.It is part festival,part race meeting.In the old communist times it was a real big festival where the youngsters could let their hair down and get drunk etc and it has stayed that way after the fall of the Berlin wall only on a smaller scale now.There is just as much action going on at the camping site next to the track and i found it strange to see crowds walking in and out all throughout the grass track meeting.A fun weekend.The few times i have been to the speedway stadium it was slick and boring,but i have been told a number of times over the past few years that it has improved.

Güstrow is the speedway town.Spent more time there.The stadium is good or Germany and the track is one of the best i have seen.The town is also worth a look around.A nice castle and old town that has been renovated quite a bit from the first time i was there and quite a few pubs.As it is more of a tourist town than Teterow,i think they have more hotels etc A number within walking distance of the track

Trains run between the two towns and i have on a number of occasions walked from Güstrow station to the track.Takes 30 or so minutes.Never tried to walk from Teterow station.For the weekend i think they(used to)have shuttle buses running.Taxis in Güstrow should be ok,and i guess they should have some in teterow as well for such a big weekend.I only know i went once on a saturday afternoon for a German U21 final expecting to find a taxi waiting at the station!!!!No chance.There was at the time, only 2 taxis in the town and i had to hunt around for one.Found the guy having a coffee in one of the bakeries or caffs........and got him to pick me up after the meeting.

Edited by iris123

Finally got round to finding the MotoX meet.It is on the Bank Holiday monday in Tessin,nr Rostock.About 35 minutes away from Güstrow.So you could have 4 days of bike racing in a very small area of Germany.And it is also a very beautiful part of the country with plenty of lakes around and Rostock is well worth a trip too

All booked up for this weekend, and really looking forward to it. Will definitely do the speedway meetings, and will probably have a look at the long track at some stage....

I shall be at 1,maybe both Güstrow meetings and possibly at the Teterow one as well.Might see you at a meeting then

Here are the Pricelist for the Bergring Race in Teterow. I prefer the Weekendcard (Wochenendkarte) for 34 Euro. There you have the Bergring Race on Saturday and Sunday + the U21 Team WM Semi 1. It´s all only for standing, Seatcards cost a few more. For Speedway 3 Euro and for Bergring 8 Euro.

A Race like the Bergring you will don´t find a 2 time in the World.

Will try to meet up mate, if we haven't already done so. We are flying into Berlin, hiring a car and staying in Gustrow for two nights (Friday and Saturday), then back to Berlin after the Sunday meeting. Trying to find out who will be in the big individual on Sunday, but the organisers are still putting the lineup together.

They have tended to "share" a good number of riders between the Teterow + Güstrow meeting,meaning a rider can get two big meetings in over the weekend.Guess that might not be the case this year with the U21 meeting on saturday,but might well be a possibility

Be good to see a few of the Under 21 riders appearing at Gustrow on the Sunday.

Incidentally I believe the Aussie team to be Nick Morris, Max Fricke, Ryan Douglas, Mason Campton.

• Like 1

Line-ups for the sat/sun grass track meetings in Teterow

500 ccm Solo
Janoschka Enrico D
Klatovsky Antonin CZ
Knappe Manfred D
Sonnenberg Enrico D
Kröger Matthias D
Fabriek Dirk NL
Rath Daniel D
Haupt Roberto D
Nyström Joel S