British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Peterborough V Rye House 18 March Challenge

If you can't get R/R, or some other facility, for a missing rider due to GP reasons, the rules definitely need changing. As it is, common sense kicked in, and as it happened RH didn't really need it. Well done to them, but this meeting not the result should be remember for a decent crowd and a return meeting for a great track and team.

• Like 2

not sure, but he gets a 30% discount for being an oap..wonder if someone wil ever appeal on this basis...might make a comeback by some fit veteran more attractive ( and i don't mean joanna lumley!)

seriously, doesn't anyone think it was a misjudgement last night, or am i being over-sensitive?

You'd have to ask the person who decided to play it. It can be read both ways, either they hadn't a clue about the lyrics and just thought "This is a good song, I'll play it," OR they knew exactly what they were doing and had a smerk on their face while it played.

We were forced to listen to Mick Jagger singing "Start Me Up" over the p.a. last night.. A song that repeatedly includes the line 'You make a grown man cry'. Who on earth considered that to be an appropriate song to choose? What on earth were they thinking..?

They should have played "It's all over now"

Any truth in the rumour that KKS phoned in a requests dedicated to Kenneth Bjerre of "Miss you" and "Let's spend the night together"?

• Like 3

Didn't understand the reasoning for having an interval when there was a long delay to fix the air fence, on a school night that should have just been made the interval!!

• Like 2

Once this Panthers team get dialed in and get their motors sorted, I cannot see many teams going there and getting much. What did Boro fans think to the drop in standard, something you will get use to ?

I didnt really notice any drop in standard. The racing, given the track was much slicker than normal, was excellent.

It was good to see racing at the showground, the track is (IMO) the best in the UK. Lewis Blackbird will score many more points than he managed yesterday and I think both the reserves will develop as the season progresses. I thought Ryan and Ulrich did as I would have expected and I think more will come from Ales once he can gate again! Lasse was a tad disappointing as in the earlier heats I thought he would do better but his last race was superb.

For Rye House I was particularly impressed with Boxall he should prove a steal on that average.

Didn't understand the reasoning for having an interval when there was a long delay to fix the air fence, on a school night that should have just been made the interval!!

I tend to agree but they did do a fair bit of track work in the interval so I imagine they were hoping to improve the grip on the track perhaps?

Mind you given my house backs onto the showground its ok for me :) appreciate not everyone has that luxury!

Spot on - I walked to the car park behind a man with a 6/7 year old child and the thought crossed my mind what time would that child get to bed. On the plus side the riders were being introduced to the crowd as I took my seat at 7.20 ready for 7.30 start. There seemed a lot of people involved and confusion over repairing the air fence - maybe new staff members or a particularly difficult task but it took an extraordinarily long time. Thankfully both riders were able to walk away. Following that event at the most a very short 5 min interval was all that should have been necessary.

Well done Rye House , bet there wasn't many people seeing that coming :blink::D . Welcome back to the PL, Mr Fisher :lol:

Yes, looking forward to seeing the Fish again now we all have airbags. It was too scary before.

• Like 1

Spot on - I walked to the car park behind a man with a 6/7 year old child and the thought crossed my mind what time would that child get to bed. On the plus side the riders were being introduced to the crowd as I took my seat at 7.20 ready for 7.30 start. There seemed a lot of people involved and confusion over repairing the air fence - maybe new staff members or a particularly difficult task but it took an extraordinarily long time. Thankfully both riders were able to walk away. Following that event at the most a very short 5 min interval was all that should have been necessary.

The airfence was very badly damaged - four panels destroyed. It was good to see Lewis & Steve walk away and take part in the re-run.

• Like 1

Also played Paranoid, sounds appropriate for the thread.

The airfence was very badly damaged - four panels destroyed. It was good to see Lewis & Steve walk away and take part in the re-run.

But why have an interval, and at the same time any idea why referee Jim Lawrence went ten minutes before putting the riders on two minutes for the first heat re-run. Were there bike troubles after he had held the tapes for so long originally, and if so why weren't the crowd informed

What a shambles!

Bring in Ryan Sullivan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is he your new best friend ?

No

his new best stalker!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

Probably a demonstration that its not a good idea to go into a competitive home match completely cold. Going to take a few meetings for a completely new team to get used to their new home track but they still look one of the stronger sides in the PL to me.

Rye could certainly shock a few.

Last year they were completely cold due to horrible weather meaning no track time and riders recovering from injury. Plenty of nice weather and track time this year although a Saturday & Monday practice helped to make the track a gaters gift, much like the first meeting 2013. So a cold team against a 6 man Rockets? Not buying that one I'm afraid! It will improve though I have no doubt.