British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Peterborough V Rye House 18 March Challenge

I'm heading up to support the Rockets. Looking forward to my first visit to the show ground since 1981!!

Expecting a Panthers win, but keen to see how the new look Rockets perform. Still think we will regret letting Anders Melgren go, but we do have a few riders who can handle bigger tracks so we should put up a fight, at least.

Should be a big home win for the Panthers. Any Rockets fans making the journey?

Bet Hougaard Racing will be there!!

Aye, he'll be getting the train. ;)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Should be a decent turn out from the Rockets supporters. Most I've spoken to are going.

Can't see past a home win by 8-10 points at least.

I'll be tweeting updates for anyone who can't make it (username in signature)

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 2

R/R in the season opener. Arghhhhhhhhh!

I don't understand this - I know he is already in NZ for the first GP but thats not until April so can someone explain the reason for R/R please. :neutral:

I don't understand this - I know he is already in NZ for the first GP but thats not until April so can someone explain the reason for R/R please. :neutral:

My understanding is as he spends the winter in NZ, staying until after GP. I can understand that but still no need for R/R surely.

• Like 1

My understanding is as he spends the winter in NZ, staying until after GP. I can understand th

at but still no need for R/R surely.

Cost of return flights would be prohibitive, not to mention the distance travelled for a few early season meetings. The alternative to RR would be a guest on a very low average which would put the Rockets at a huge disadvantage.

All to do with the lead up to the GP, he has TV and Press commitments promoting the GP, and work for the NZ sponsors, Sport in the southern hemisphere attracts far more media attention than in the UK.

Thanks for replies to my post but I think this is down to Jason's personal choice - Ward, Batchelor, Holder(not this season but in previous) could claim similar circumstances but they are over here and then have to return to the southern hemisphere for this first GP.

I feel it would be much better for Rye House to have a guest up to Jason's average instead of R/R(and I am no fan of guests particularly) - this is the two clubs first meeting of the new season and it would be good to witness it with 14 riders rather than 13 in my opinion. Before anyone accuses me of bias (as a Panthers fan) I can assure you I would be saying the same if Jason was a member of our team.

• Like 1

R/R contrary to rule 16.5.3 but from my information the SCB have approved R/R for this and other matches until he returns from NZ.

Yet another classic example of rules being ignored when it suits.

• Like 1

To be fair we have accommodated Peterborough in making this the League Cup meeting as you will be missing riders on the original date for the cup fixture. These things work both ways.

So If Bunyan is staying In New Zealand does this mean the likes of Batch and Ward have stayed in Oz ? If so would /Swindon Poole be entitled to R/R or a guest ?

To be fair we have accommodated Peterborough in making this the League Cup meeting as you will be missing riders on the original date for the cup fixture. These things work both ways.

Work both ways, yeah right.

So If Bunyan is staying In New Zealand does this mean the likes of Batch and Ward have stayed in Oz ? If so would /Swindon Poole be entitled to R/R or a guest ?

Poole would be entitled to anything they want, Swindon would get no facility