British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Noise Problem Gp F1 Cars

I read there have been complaints about the lack of noise at Australian GP. Bernie Ecclestone confirmed promoters were unhappy over the lack of noise from the new turbo GP cars. The Australian GP Corp' said "We have to entertain the public, when you take the excitement away you have trouble selling tickets. You have to create a demand and part of that demand is people liking the noise of the race cars."

BSPA take note.

I read there have been complaints about the lack of noise at Australian GP. Bernie Ecclestone confirmed promoters were unhappy over the lack of noise from the new turbo GP cars. The Australian GP Corp' said "We have to entertain the public, when you take the excitement away you have trouble selling tickets. You have to create a demand and part of that demand is people liking the noise of the race cars."

BSPA take note.

I gather that a new silencer is coming in for next years GPs. It's a lower decibel model from the current ones but is a straight through type without the restricting plate that the current ones have. So it'll be likely that the various national authorities will adopt it.

BSPA take note.

Couldn't agree more !

Must admit I did notice the change in noise and it did take something away from overall package

• Like 1

BSPA take note.

I totally agree - BUT - what is the answer? Too much noise and a Track could be closed down these days so you HAVE to reduce the noise.

For me, the open exhausts were the best - they certainly made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. :t::approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

Sadly - you just can't allow that these days.

Bl**dy Health and Safety/Noise Abatement crap.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a good smell of Castrol 'R'. :approve:

• Like 3

Ooops!!

Looks like I Post this on the wrong Thread. There are TWO of them:

I totally agree - BUT - what is the answer? Too much noise and a Track could be closed down these days so you HAVE to reduce the noise.

For me, the open exhausts were the best - they certainly made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. :t::approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

Sadly - you just can't allow that these days.

Bl**dy Health and Safety/Noise Abatement crap.

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for a good smell of Castrol 'R'. :approve:

• Like 1

Just read that even sports clubs are having trouble with noise.One in Hamburg has restrictions on how often it can be used despite a €300,000 6 metre high sound barrier built around it!!!!The boss was saying how absurd it all was when it is trying to attract kids off the street and involve them in sport,yet the kids can't play.......then again we had a case of complaint about a new nursery built in a residential area!!!! Where do they expect nurseries to be built?In the middle of an industrial estate?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/10704361/Bernie-Ecclestone-promises-noisier-F1-cars-as-promoter-of-Australian-Grand-Prix-could-sue.html

BSPA take note.

BSPA take note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGpkDzreGE

The difference in noise in Formula 1 (I know which I prefer) Motor sport without noise is not motorsport !

Edited by New Science

I watched the GP on Sunday and it didn't stop me enjoying the event. Today a radio station, played the noise of a 2014 engine noise against a 2012 race, for me the 2014 sounded better, less revs and more exhaust burble!

I watched the GP on Sunday and it didn't stop me enjoying the event. Today a radio station, played the noise of a 2014 engine noise against a 2012 race, for me the 2014 sounded better, less revs and more exhaust burble!

Could not agree more may even show how good or not a certain German is if they can't find a huge car advantage!!!

To the poster who said that the reduced noise on the F1 spoiled their enjoyment ... Unless you were actually at the event just turn your tv up.

To the poster who said that the reduced noise on the F1 spoiled their enjoyment ... Unless you were actually at the event just turn your tv up.

F1 cars have always been a bit effete in the noise stakes. Go and listen to a top fuel dragster for proper noise.

It was strange watching F1 at weekend with different noise from Engines but it didn't take away from product so like in everything these days they are making an issue out of nothing.

That's a shame because now there's absolutely nothing worth watching , without the noise it will easily be mistaken for your local Carnival procession