British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Woofy Still Getting Good Media Coverage

we are talking about his appearance and like I said that's a mess in a lot of people's eyes.

Greg,Jason,Nicki P they are World Class role models you want your kids to follow there every step.

In what way are those three 'world class role models' and Tai isn't?

I suspect you won't have an answer, which enforces waihekeaces1's point that you are deciding suitable role models based on 'looks'. Pretty awful parenting.

What is wrong with Woffinden's ears?

Nothing wrong with his ears, by the way he is world champion something MJJ will never achieve he might not even be good anough to be a GP regular Woffinden i am not a fan but he is good for the sport media savvy and will appeal to the younger generation. Edited by sidney
  • Like 2

In what way are those three 'world class role models' and Tai isn't?

I suspect you won't have an answer, which enforces waihekeaces1's point that you are deciding suitable role models based on 'looks'. Pretty awful parenting.

What type of employment would he attract out of speedway ? Limited

What type of employment would he attract out of speedway ? Limited

You're clearly well out of touch with modern society.

What kind of employment do you think he wouldn't be able to attract? Bearing in mind that he isn't even going to be looking for work as a lawyer, or an accountant etc as that isn't his background or skill set.

As I suspected, you haven't been able to provide an answer to the question you were asked.

• Like 2

What kind of employment do you think he wouldn't be able to attract? Bearing in mind that he isn't even going to be looking for work as a lawyer, or an accountant etc as that isn't his background or skill set.

As I suspected, you haven't been able to provide an answer to the question you were asked.

And tbh, even some if those professions aren't ruled out. I'm financial controller for a decent sized organisation, I've had members of my team with dreads, tribal tattoos on their arms etc. and would re-hire them happilly. Probably my best recruitment decision was hiring a young guy with those earings that tai had - smart, hard working, lots of iniative etc.
  • Like 1

On Saturday morning the Radio 5 Live show "Fighting Talk" had a question about who the panellists thought was the most unsung hero in sport, deserving of a higher profile. Tai Woffinden was one of the 4 names put forward.

Never mind how he looks, the young man is getting his name, and the word about our wonderful sport out there.

• Like 1

On Saturday morning the Radio 5 Live show "Fighting Talk" had a question about who the panellists thought was the most unsung hero in sport, deserving of a higher profile. Tai Woffinden was one of the 4 names put forward.

Never mind how he looks, the young man is getting his name, and the word about our wonderful sport out there.

Who were the other three? Many thanx.

Tai is very obviously a Character (far too few of them in Speedway today) and it is great to see the attention both himself and the Sport are getting from his reign as World Champion. Whilst I personally am not overly enamoured with his Earrings, Tattoos etc. I have to admit that without his very Individualistic style, he may never have been World Champion today. He is a REAL credit to Speedway and his Family.

So - good luck to the Lad - he has brought far more to British Speedway than MOST and he should be lauded for that.

• Like 3

I must live in a very different society to you then as I cannot think of anyone I know or their families who have disfigured their body to that extent.

Tai is Not a Role model on appearance in many people's eyes,not just mine.

I think his racing,bravery & charity work is top class tho

What was your question again ?

Edited by robert72

I must live in a very different society to you then as I cannot think of anyone I know or their families who have disfigured their body to that extent.

Tai is Not a Role model on appearance in many people's eyes,not just mine.

So you're a bigot is what you are trying to tell us?

And that because there are other bigots you think that its fine.

I would actually suggest that Tai is the ultimate role model in terms of appearance. Be yourself, don't conform to what some bigoted people expect you to look like.It

It's fine to not like the look of someone, Tai's look isn't for me and I wouldn't be interested in tattoos or the ear things he wears (unsure of the correct name). However as a role model I think he is absolutely fantastic.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

Can only talk for the town where I live, Swindon, most people know about speedway, must be the same in smaller places such as Poole, Eastbourne, Kings Lynn, Workington, Berwick,Mildenhall, etc., probably unknown in the places without speedway teams.

I agree, in Coventry where I live id say most people know what speedway is and know who the Coventry Bees are. Certainly in my place of work the sport is known by most.

Tai Woffinden is the perfect role model for my kids, stays out of trouble, talks well and has a determination to succeed. My daughter idolises him and I have no problem with that apart from when she cheers for him against the Bees!

• Like 1