British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole Elite Shield 1st Leg. 27/3/14

Seems as though a request is now going to the BSPA for them to approve the Good Friday home and away meetings as both League and Shield fixtures, ie the scores count for both competitions!?

• Like 1

Seems as though a request is now going to the BSPA for them to approve the Good Friday home and away meetings as both League and Shield fixtures, ie the scores count for both competitions!?

A good idea as well.

I am glad for the early call off, have travelled to away meetings only to arrive and meeting off. I am sure the fans of Swindon who come from afar prefer that as do the ones from the away team.

Someone mentioned riders costs, and the cost to the club.

Killer would have probably flown in from Bacon Land, and if he had he would have had to be accommodated last night in order to travel to Lakeside tonight. Nicolai seems to be spending quite a bit of time in Poland where he can practice 7 days a week, he may have been travelling from there, again needing putting up last night. Not sure about the location of some of the Poole riders.

There is a cost to the club if a meeting is called off late as they would then have the riders travel to pay for, and a lot of fans have spent money.

I accept the odd unpredicted downpour can arrive, look at the elrc last year and the trouble that caused.

The management are dammed if they cancel and dammed if they do not.

I am glad for the early call off, have travelled to away meetings only to arrive and meeting off. I am sure the fans of Swindon who come from afar prefer that as do the ones from the away team.

Someone mentioned riders costs, and the cost to the club.

Killer would have probably flown in from Bacon Land, and if he had he would have had to be accommodated last night in order to travel to Lakeside tonight. Nicolai seems to be spending quite a bit of time in Poland where he can practice 7 days a week, he may have been travelling from there, again needing putting up last night. Not sure about the location of some of the Poole riders.

There is a cost to the club if a meeting is called off late as they would then have the riders travel to pay for, and a lot of fans have spent money.

I accept the odd unpredicted downpour can arrive, look at the elrc last year and the trouble that caused.

The management are dammed if they cancel and dammed if they do not.

Do riders get money back for cancelled flights as if they were flying in yesterday which Killer says he was & then didn't when the meeting was called,how does that work?.

Do they just transfer the flight to today?.

I travel abroad but only on holiday so guess someone will know how it works for speedway riders?.

Edited by Crazy robin

Do riders get money back for cancelled flights as if they were flying in yesterday which Killer says he was & then didn't when the meeting was called,how does that work?.

Do they just transfer the flight to today?.

I travel abroad but only on holiday so guess someone will know how it works for speedway riders?.

It differs, some riders book flights well ahead where the price and guarantee of a seat is needed. and often the ticket is not transferable, also purchasing a ticket close to the flight can be a lot more expensive. Try getting a refund out of Easyjet or Ryan Air, they will probably charge Killer for cancelling his flight, if he uses them.

With riders using the airline each week they may have an arrangement to be able to chop and change flights at no cost. The bigger problem could be not being able to get a seat on a rescheduled flight.

When you actually grow up & realise that you have to make sacrifices financially & that sometimes means things that your families needs come before yours then get back to me.

The reasons why last season I had to not attend meetings as much as I've done for the 35 years before is something that is beyond my control & doesn't make me less of a fan than before.

I made my comments at the same time as the meeting was postponed & stand by them as Swindon have done the same in the past & got it wrong.

If you read the post I made it says if all the promotors are going to make this a regular thing then just tell the fans & at least they know how it is.

I hope that answered your juvenile questions & await with baited breath your response.

So you have to make financial sacrifices but the promotion doesn't - interesting comment :oops:

Why do the promotion need to? Thursday night is speedway night. Speedway fans know the score and we all keep an eye on the forecast. You don't need a reminder. I am not interested what other promoters do unless Swindon are involved and I am going.

I don't feel the need to run the promotion down on a regular basis though CR but I guess in your world that is acceptable. :nono:

I have been unhappy with the promotion namely the financial issues last season and said so at the time. This led to extremely bad publicity in both the local and trade press but I prefer to focus on the positives rather than continually sniping and point scoring.

You seem to think that slagging off people from the confines of your front room isn't juvenile? Do you live in a parallel universe? Grow a pair, pop along Thursday and put your concerns to Rosco directly. He is very approachable. ;)

Still want to know how enjoyable that pie was? :P

So you have to make financial sacrifices but the promotion doesn't - interesting comment :oops:

Why do the promotion need to? Thursday night is speedway night. Speedway fans know the score and we all keep an eye on the forecast. You don't need a reminder. I am not interested what other promoters do unless Swindon are involved and I am going.

I don't feel the need to run the promotion down on a regular basis though CR but I guess in your world that is acceptable. :nono:

I have been unhappy with the promotion namely the financial issues last season and said so at the time. This led to extremely bad publicity in both the local and trade press but I prefer to focus on the positives rather than continually sniping and point scoring.

You seem to think that slagging off people from the confines of your front room isn't juvenile? Do you live in a parallel universe? Grow a pair, pop along Thursday and put your concerns to Rosco directly. He is very approachable. ;)

Still want to know how enjoyable that pie was? :P

I'll tell you what I'll come & give them to you instead of Rosco, how do you fancy that because I do?.

I'll tell you what I'll come & give them to you instead of Rosco, how do you fancy that because I do?.

You sure CR? :lol: Be my guest. :P Pop along to the 2nd bend. I bet you those balls aren't so big :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

You sure CR? :lol: Be my guest. :P Pop along to the 2nd bend. I bet you those balls aren't so big :icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

You wanna bet.

Pray do tell us Crazy, then what do you intend to do?

Pray do tell us Crazy, then what do you intend to do?

I think we should just butt out and remind them of forum rules - no need to get involved!

• Like 2

I think we should just butt out and remind them of forum rules - no need to get involved!

On reflection Steve0 you are correct. However, I don't like to see this sort of thing getting out of hand like this.

Gents, my intent is to speak to Blueboy & is not to have a fight but a chat as a fellow Swindon fan & then hopefully he'll then see that I'm just like him a fan & not a moaner like he thinks I am.

It's a forum & sorry if my posts were taking wrong as we all have opinions & debates.

I'm waiting to have an op at the moment & am a little bit cranky as a result but I'm an adult & would like to have a chat over a pint, nothing else.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Gents, my intent to speak to Blueboy is not to have a fight but a chat as a fellow Swindon fan & them hopefully he'll then see that I'm just like him a fan & not a moaner like he thinks I am.

It's a forum & sorry if my posts were taking the wrong as we all have opinions & debates.

Well I'm pleased to hear that!.........Thank you for clarifying and good luck with the operation.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Well I'm pleased to hear that!.........Thank you for clarifying and good luck with the operation.

Thank u & apologies to you all especially Blueboy for coming across as a prat.