British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Swindon Robins Ela 28 March

Cheers Orlovski. Good point in the circumstances. Lakeside turning into a decent away track for us. Never thought I'd see that!

He came up against a better PK, no idea steve, it is no doubt that thr Swindon heatleaders were better than Lakesides but did expect him to do better than he did.

Hopefully someone who went can give some info.

PK - the Hammers one that is - just looked totally under-powered tonight - probably the worst I have seen of him in Hammers' colours.

From my viewpoint, I thought Lawson finished second in Heat 1 but Christina Turnbull saw it differently. It was a very good heat racing wise though.

PK - the Hammers one that is - just looked totally under-powered tonight - probably the worst I have seen of him in Hammers' colours.

From my viewpoint, I thought Lawson finished second in Heat 1 but Christina Turnbull saw it differently. It was a very good heat racing wise though.

Christina Turnbull sees a lot of things differently so no surprise there.

• Like 2

I bet Rosco was "happy" when he saw who the ref was.

You finished your spat with blueboy yet Crazy? Almost as entertaining as Steve0 and Crump99! ;)

What a comeback by the Robins. 11 points down after heat 8 and having used one double point ride. What is interesting is the diff scores of the 3 groups

Heat Leaders L 17 SW 30

2nd strings L 18 SW 9

Reserves L 12 Sw 5

Killer stated Lakeside is not a track he likes but he came good against the other heat leaders. Troy and Nick did well. Our reserves were thrashed by the Lakeside reserves, but we were without Steve. Simon and Nicolai did ok.

Swindon did ok on a small away track, getting one point is a bonus and if the reserves can improve, that will be good.

Lakeside Pk 2,RL 9,DW 9,MB 9,LB 6,BM 6,AE 6

Swindon PK 13,NK 5,TB 11,SG 4,NM 6,DR 3,MW 2

Look at updates for full details.

Interesting stats got to pick up on gustafsson you said he did alright he only beat the n.l riders I can c swindon really struggling away from home no back up at all on that form.

Interesting stats got to pick up on gustafsson you said he did alright he only beat the n.l riders I can c swindon really struggling away from home no back up at all on that form.

I accept what you say but after last years scores I was not expecting much from him on away tracks, apart from Eastbourne, so 4 is ok, would have preferred more obviously. It is at Swindon he should do better, but we will see.

After a few meetings Swindon may need to look at the line up of the second strings.

Edited by A ORLOV

Think the scores of morris and gustaffson show how averages will be skewed this year.

Morris had a 4-2 record against opposition heat leaders and 1-1 vs second strings to finish with 6 points.

Gustaffson picked up 4 points by beating only nl reserve s.

Edited by waihekeaces1

I accept what you say but after last years scores I was not expecting much from him on away tracks, apart from Eastbourne, so 4 is ok, would have preferred more obviously. It is at Swindon he should do better, but we will see.

After a few meetings Swindon may need to look at the line up of the second strings.

doesnt make any diference where they are tbh gustafsson should be doing much better than 4 he shud b getting 6/7 imo,you get 2 easy heats and 2hard should get min of 4 from easy heats then min of 2 from others.morris was a good performance 6+2 from number 5
  • Like 1

No qualms about that one. Lakesides No1 flopped and Swindons top 2 didn't need a second invitation to pounce. The only consolation is that thanks to Morris Swindon didn't get an outright win. Lakesides PK was positively dreadful. Inexplicable . Morris' failure though can be explained by lack of a brain. Kildemand was on a t/r and had Bech under a lot of pressure when Morris somehow got between them and spent the next three laps blocking Killer, then worse still didn't let the Swindon PK pass him on the run in to the finish . Unbelievable. Morris was then gifted a paid win when Batch locked up and Lakesides PK bounced off him losing momentum and letting Morris through.

I did think the draft riders did very well though and their races were far from the strung out affairs that the critics were predicting . In heat 9 Ben Morley took the lead coming of bend 2 lap 1 and was then under a lot of pressure from Ritchings for the whole race, while Ritchings in turn was under pressure from Ellis until Ellis tried too hard and fell off, Morely held on keeping a cool head under pressure for a close win. The Ellis went out and beat Kilindt. So much for the draft riders being miles behind.

Can't believe how far backwards Gustafson has gone in the last 12 months. Can't see him lasting the season at this rate. In fact Swindon do seem to have a very long tail but were carried well by the top two.. For Lakeside it is starting to look like a long season.

Hopefully someone who went can give some info.

Steve if I told you how bad you probably wouldn't believe me. You have probably never seen him like this. Constantly poor off the gate then in the wrong place at the wrong time. I did hear it was machinery but I don't know for sure. He did look bad though.

Steve if I told you how bad you probably wouldn't believe me. You have probably never seen him like this. Constantly poor off the gate then in the wrong place at the wrong time. I did hear it was machinery but I don't know for sure. He did look bad though.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he is just testing stuff for you guys. So unusual to hear of PK struggling!

Gustafsson was a bit disappointing, but then again, Lakeside is hardly the best track to use as a form guide. Not a bad start to the season for us at all!

• Like 1

Nice ride by Morris to keep Kilderman behind :-)

Rosco ran to the start to tell Morris that Killer was on a TR, just ignored him! Killer well annoyed...

In hindsight i'm not sure it was that easy. Edited by whowasthatberntpersson
  • Like 1

Well done Ben Morley (paid 7 points).

Well done Robins for coming back to get a point.