British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Birmingham V Belle Vue 26/3/14

What time does the referee assume control of the meeting (therefore becoming the arbiter of the decision to cancel the meeting)? Is it 2 hours before tapes up? i.e. 5.30pm?

Oh well, at least it provides a bit more time for the wounds inflicted by the Wolves to heal...and for the team only to get hammered 3 times in the week instead of 4. Avoiding a home defeat in the first week of the season might be a saving grace, as 4 defeats including one at home before everyone else has even started would be a killer blow to home attendances.

So, until the next time then, when everyone will be moaning about program inserts...

What time does the referee assume control of the meeting (therefore becoming the arbiter of the decision to cancel the meeting)? Is it 2 hours before tapes up? i.e. 5.30pm?

Oh well, at least it provides a bit more time for the wounds inflicted by the Wolves to heal...and for the team only to get hammered 3 times in the week instead of 4. Avoiding a home defeat in the first week of the season might be a saving grace, as 4 defeats including one at home before everyone else has even started would be a killer blow to home attendances.

So, until the next time then, when everyone will be moaning about program inserts...

I always thought it was as soon as the referee arrived on scene.

Why don't you just clear off and join a football forum?

Message to the mods on here, why do you allow this poster to consistently stick the knife into Birmingham Speedway?

• Like 4

If you put an 'a' in front of the 1st vowel in your username and replaced the 2nd vowel with an 'o',do you think you'd get uninvited guests throwing stones at your windows? :blink:

Belle Vue have complained to scb and the scb will be investigating it

Guest GiveusaB

Belle Vue have complained to scb and the scb will be investigating it

Why have BV complained? do they want Birmingham fined ? they're struggling financially as it is ! RIDICULOUS! It rained heavy and the track was too dangerous to ride competetively, so as not to jeopardise riders safety, the meeting was obviously postponed ! Why on earth would they call it off for any other reason, when it's your first home league meeting? I feel for the BV supporters travelling all that way, but that's speedway! I've gone a lot further than 90 miles to be disappointed in the past !

Why have BV complained? do they want Birmingham fined ? they're struggling financially as it is ! RIDICULOUS! It rained heavy and the track was too dangerous to ride competetively, so as not to jeopardise riders safety, the meeting was obviously postponed ! Why on earth would they call it off for any other reason, when it's your first home league meeting? I feel for the BV supporters travelling all that way, but that's speedway! I've gone a lot further than 90 miles to be disappointed in the past !

1, drury called meeting off. Not referee. (WRONG)

2, they watered track heavily knowing 20 mins of rain was due (WRONG)

3, was only 20 mins of rain then it stopped. Had over 1 hour to prepare track (WRONG)

It was the wrong call. Even all 14 riders wanted to race on the track that was apparently waterlogged.

I don't mind going to rain offs. Part and parcel of being a speedway fan. All away matches we go at our own risk. But this was wrong why drury did

One think I'll say. Can anybody tell me when they put floodlights on a when I arrived inside stadium at 6 the floodlights was not in. Seemed weird for me. Like they had no intention of putting the meeting on. Or do they never put the floodlights on till late on

• Like 1

I was in the area all day on Wednesday and there was no rain to speak of until after 6pm, which had been forecast. Birmingham's financial difficulties don't come into it. If they have done nothing wrong, no problem, if they have they have only themselves to blame for any financial penalty imposed.

If Belle Vue have complained it will be interesting to see how swiftly the SCB swing into action. Is it going to be as quick as they did when the Aces did wrong or, is it going to be the none event we saw with Poole?

Despite being a Brummie fan, I can understand BV's view if there's any truth whatsoever in some of the allegations being made.

I was in the area all day on Wednesday and there was no rain to speak of until after 6pm,

I take it you didn't see the consistent rain all day Tuesday either.

I take it you didn't see the consistent rain all day Tuesday either.

The rain on Tuesday is immaterial. Birmingham said on their website at about 4pm on Wednesday that the track was fine and the meeting would be on, so obviously any rain on Tuesday was not a problem. They must have also known when putting on that information that rain was forecast for 6pm, so why water the track. If they had not done so the 20 minutes rain they had would not have caused the postponement.

Even after that rain and the watering apparently most riders thought the match should have gone ahead.

Edited by Aces51

The rain on Tuesday is immaterial. Birmingham said on their website at about 4pm on Wednesday that the track was fine and the meeting would be on, so obviously any rain on Tuesday was not a problem. They must have also known when putting on that information that rain was forecast for 6pm, so why water the track. If they had not done so the 20 minutes rain they had would not have caused the postponement.

Even after that rain and the watering apparently most riders thought the match should have gone ahead.

My point being was that Coventry had a lot of rain last week leading up to the ERC and the amount of rain clearly had an affect on getting the track sorted.

However if the website was saying the track was OK at 4PM then that clearly is a different matter and now i can see why the Aces are putting in a complaint.

My point being was that Coventry had a lot of rain last week leading up to the ERC and the amount of rain clearly had an affect on getting the track sorted.

However if the website was saying the track was OK at 4PM then that clearly is a different matter and now i can see why the Aces are putting in a complaint.

Yep. They put on website track was in good nick and all systems go.

1, drury called meeting off. Not referee. (WRONG)

2, they watered track heavily knowing 20 mins of rain was due (WRONG)

3, was only 20 mins of rain then it stopped. Had over 1 hour to prepare track (WRONG)

It was the wrong call. Even all 14 riders wanted to race on the track that was apparently waterlogged.

I don't mind going to rain offs. Part and parcel of being a speedway fan. All away matches we go at our own risk. But this was wrong why drury did

One think I'll say. Can anybody tell me when they put floodlights on a when I arrived inside stadium at 6 the floodlights was not in. Seemed weird for me. Like they had no intention of putting the meeting on. Or do they never put the floodlights on till late on

t the track was not watered heavily as your saying it was packed and light watering. Fact

t the track was not watered heavily as your saying it was packed and light watering. Fact

Why water it at all.

Why water it at all.