British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 29 March

A bad looking crash - I can't believe he is going to spend the best part of a day travelling to NZ - surely he isn't fit to travel? Hope he recovers quickly

From where was standing it looked horrendous,so glad that he has walked away virtually unscathed.

Good luck tai

That's the first time I've seen Leicester & it looks like a real good stadium so why is the track so bad in peoples eyes?.

I must admit I haven't seen such strung out racing in a long long time.

you are bound to get strung out races using national league riders.....get used to it.

Whilst he has 2000 fans paying to get in and watch that tripe he wont be worried.

better to watch good racing with a couple of hundred watching them at Peterborough eh.

That's the first time I've seen Leicester & it looks like a real good stadium so why is the track so bad in peoples eyes?.

From the action I saw on bet365 last night the entry to the bends is so tight and the riders drift out wide exiting the bends that two riders cant go into the bend together, so you're forever having to follow a rider into the bend. Then as the leading rider drifts out anyway he is covering all the track. Making passing close to impossible.

The exceptions were Doyle rode the kerb in heat 1 and got passed and then Ash Morris did similar in heat 2. But go in tight and drift, you have the whole track covered. The issue looks like the straights are so long you take so much speed into the bends you drift out naturally. They need to chop a few metres of the end of the straights (so bring the bends in quite a bit sooner)

.......mrcts....... better to watch good racing with a couple of hundred watching them at Peterborough eh.

I wouldn't get too confident as you don't know what the future holds for Leicester when they've been going for a few more years. We weren't the only ones leaving before the end of the meeting last night and I'd guess that half of that attendance won't be there next time. I'm not going to join in any Leicester bashing because enough has been said already and it's just boring repeating the same old things. In an ideal world the racing would have been exciting in front of such a big crowd but sadly it wasn't and personally paying £28 to watch what was mostly 'follow the leader' stuff doesn't encourage me to want to be there every week so I'll just pick and choose.

The view is biased as most of those that are happy have given up posting. Although I know they all atill read. On a normal night we would get 850 - 1000 and there are 4 on here claiming to speak for everyone. Hardly scientific

• Like 1

Good luck finding somebody who doesn't think that Leicester & Brum will fill the bottom two places.

The Speedway Star `experts` have Birmingham 8th!

Will be joining your team then :wink:

Maybe concentrate on winning a meeting first and get some points on the board before you worry about our unbeaten run. :wink:

Nasty indeed.

I wouldn't get too confident as you don't know what the future holds for Leicester when they've been going for a few more years. We weren't the only ones leaving before the end of the meeting last night and I'd guess that half of that attendance won't be there next time. I'm not going to join in any Leicester bashing because enough has been said already and it's just boring repeating the same old things. In an ideal world the racing would have been exciting in front of such a big crowd but sadly it wasn't and personally paying £28 to watch what was mostly 'follow the leader' stuff doesn't encourage me to want to be there every week so I'll just pick and choose.

Similar to my visits to Cov. I have no axe to grind as I wasn't a fan back in 84 but I do know how you feel about BP as I feel the same at Cov. There are places you warm to and places you don't.

I'd say that some people left thinking it would be a lengthy delay as did I HT 15 caught me in the loo queue but it was fairly speedy as there was a 2nd ambulance which I didn't realise. In the PL we are used to waiting for county ambulances it's obviously different in the EL so that's a plus

The view is biased as most of those that are happy have given up posting. Although I know they all atill read. On a normal night we would get 850 - 1000 and there are 4 on here claiming to speak for everyone. Hardly scientific

Not strictly true TMW. There have been 100's on here who have all made the point that the racing is hopeless over the last few years. Most have given up speedway because of this so what you are left with are 8-10 diehards still hoping for a miracle (that's us) and a similar amount on your facebook site's saying racing is as good as anywhere in the UK. You're right though that we average 850-1000 but those people that do still go can't be just put down as being happy with what is on offer (personally, I would consider most are likely to have just not decided to stop going yet). That would clearly be conjecture on my part but what isn't conjecture is the fact that we started with crowds of 2000-2500 for most the first year and in 3 years we lost 60% of the crowd, maybe as much as 80% for challenge matches.. Nearly all of those don't post about what racing is like anymore because they no longer give a monkeys about the sport. That's not great when you consider we have some of the most welcoming staff and one of the nicest environments to watch the sport in the UK.

But if you just think it's 4 of us then hey, ho.

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

better to watch good racing with a couple of hundred watching them at Peterborough eh.

Every time

• Like 2

Not strictly true TMW. There have been 100's on here who have all madeapatthe point that the racing is hopeless over the last few years. Most have given up speedway because of this so what you are left with are 8-10 diehards still hoping for a miracle (that's us) and a similar amount on your facebook site's saying racing is as good as anywhere in the UK. You're right though that we average 850-1000 but those people that do still go can't be just put down as being happy with what is on offer (personally, I would consider most are likely to have just not decided to stop going yet). That would clearly be conjecture on my part but what isn't conjecture is the fact that we started with crowds of 2000-2500 for most the first year and in 3 years we lost 60% of the crowd, maybe as much as 80% for challenge matches.. Nearly all of those don't post about what racing is like anymore because they no longer give a monkeys about the sport. That's not great when you consider we have some of the most welcoming staff and one of the nicest environments to watch the sport in the UK.

But if you just think it's 4 of us then hey, ho.

Mick.

What I am saying is mick that those that are happy don't post they find the forum a joke. We are never going to keep crowds of 2000 apart from the novelty factor which last night was one of them the sport just aint that popular. How many times do you here Speedway? I used to go to that but they wouldn't go now Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

What I am saying is mick that those that are happy don't post they find the forum a joke. We are never going to keep crowds of 2000 apart from the novelty factor which last night was one of them the sport just aint that popular. How many times do you here Speedway? I used to go to that but they wouldn't go now

Without wanting to state the obvious but it might be a bit more popular if the joke track dimensions didn't produce such hopeless entertainment though.

we've done this before, no?