British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Stags Vs Kent Kings (nl) - Sunday, March 30th

After tonight at King's Lynn....................Sad, so sad for the Stags! Perhaps a major rethink is required to save more than a few careers in the NL me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

After tonight at King's Lynn....................Sad, so sad for the Stags! Perhaps a major rethink is required to save more than a few careers in the NL me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

why???

i once went to Lynn with the Scorpions and we only got 20 odd points!

I think I could accept some comments from HT as valid but I cant see where the super team of 2007...win at all costs bit comes from and therefore the change in attitude

Look at the riders in that team and tell me where money and win at all costs came into it

Woffy..signed as a relatively unknown 15 year old with Scott richardson initially preferred

Josh Auty..signed as a 15 year old as with woffy for nothing

Richie Dennis..with scunny from day 1

Andy Tully..no team post armadale

Joe Haines..signed as a 15 year old

Scott Richardson..scunny from day 1

Byron Bekker..brought in by Kenny Smith and had no team post the Gems

I cant say if Scunny ever paid above league limits but I do doubt that they were ever exceeded to the extent they are now (basically premier league money in some cases)

The truth is Scunny got lucky...the same as when the Worralls and Ash Birks came through together...you just have to put yourself in a position to be lucky

Only time will tell if this project proves a success..my guess is the team will be tweeked over the season and will improve along the way

Edited by hunch
  • Like 1

why???

i once went to Lynn with the Scorpions and we only got 20 odd points!

I have to ask, but was that after a most prolific 'ommering at home? From my maths, the present Stags have yet to have an accumulated a score of 50. What good is that to the youngsters? Words do not heal humiliation in the sporting world

A trifle unfair on the others in the NL AFTER the tweaking? Eh?

Anyone who meets the 40 Point NL Average at a 23 point team average will have VAST unfair advantage when Fordie gets the '14 Stags act together?????????

My last post, as I find this idea in 2014 a bit strange as it dates back to at to at least 1998 when second half riders who were not CL/NL standard were allowed into the CL/NL teams, usually in challenges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised no-ones mentioned today's news that the experienced Lee Dicken has signed up the Stags - good move

Everyone would rather complain that take notice of what is actually happening!

I think I could accept some comments from HT as valid but I cant see where the super team of 2007...win at all costs bit comes from and therefore the change in attitude

Look at the riders in that team and tell me where money and win at all costs came into it

Woffy..signed as a relatively unknown 15 year old with Scott richardson initially preferred

Josh Auty..signed as a 15 year old as with woffy for nothing

Richie Dennis..with scunny from day 1

Andy Tully..no team post armadale

Joe Haines..signed as a 15 year old

Scott Richardson..scunny from day 1

Byron Bekker..brought in by Kenny Smith and had no team post the Gems

I cant say if Scunny ever paid above league limits but I do doubt that they were ever exceeded to the extent they are now (basically premier league money in some cases)

The truth is Scunny got lucky...the same as when the Worralls and Ash Birks came through together...you just have to put yourself in a position to be lucky

Only time will tell if this project proves a success..my guess is the team will be tweeked over the season and will improve along the way

Just because you had them as a 15 year old, doesn't mean that the team wasn't built to win everything.

The approximate starting averages of the 2007 team (taken from final averages in 06, but contains all meetings so not 100% accurate)

Josh Auty 10.12

Tai Woffinden 9.98

Richie Dennis 9.02

Andrew Tully 7.70

Scott Richardson 5.03

Byron Bekker 6.67

There is no info on Joe Haines (He had won the British U15 championship the year before and was wanted by basically everyone) Assuming he is a 3, the rough team average that Scunthorpe built to was 51.52. Now THAT is winning at all costs.

And all of them started with averages at or around 3 with Scunthorpe...thats a team thats built not bought..so I fail to see your argument

Completely different to todays teams where the best riders are cherry picked from others and paid premier league wages..now THAT is win at all costs

• Like 2

Just because you had them as a 15 year old, doesn't mean that the team wasn't built to win everything.

The approximate starting averages of the 2007 team (taken from final averages in 06, but contains all meetings so not 100% accurate)

Josh Auty 10.12

Tai Woffinden 9.98

Richie Dennis 9.02

Andrew Tully 7.70

Scott Richardson 5.03

Byron Bekker 6.67

There is no info on Joe Haines (He had won the British U15 championship the year before and was wanted by basically everyone) Assuming he is a 3, the rough team average that Scunthorpe built to was 51.52. Now THAT is winning at all costs.

They could do it due to the awful grading system though.

On a separate note, tonight proves nothing IMO, Kings Lynn have only got two riders in their side who can be seen as on their way up rather than just NL journeymen, of course they were going to win by a hefty margin.

Edited by RocketBen1

IMO in the the National League all riders should be paid the same. At the Promoter's meeting before the season begins a price should be agreed say £10/£15 a point and No More or No Less this could possibly even things out a little.

They could do it due to the awful grading system though.

On a separate note, tonight proves nothing IMO, Kings Lynn have only got two riders in their side who can be seen as on their way up rather than just NL journeymen, of course they were going to win by a hefty margin.

I agree but I need to point out that KL have 3 progressing riders: Rose, Ritchings & Bailey.

• Like 2

There was a win-at-all-costs team in the 2007 Conference League - they poached a rider from Oxford while we were closed for a month by offering him more money (I never blamed the rider, good luck to him). It wasn't Scunthorpe. Ironically the "win-at-all-costs" team that year won nothing!

All the best

Rob

Everyone would rather complain that take notice of what is actually happening!

I was waiting to see how long those in rant mode were going to take to realise that the Stags had signed Lee Dicken ;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

From the match report tonight from Scunthorpe it appears the Stags did well and are learning all the time so it would appear apart from signing Lee Dicken nothing will change so maybe everybody needs to put this argument to bed.Maybe Adam Kirby will get signed so that leaves 1. I wonder who that will be woods or Portwood both lads could do with the ride without the pressure

Edited by TMW

From the match report tonight from Scunthorpe it appears the Stags did well and are learning all the time so it would appear apart from signing Lee Dicken nothing will change so maybe everybody needs to put this argument to bed.Maybe Adam Kirby will get signed so that leaves 1. I wonder who that will be woods or Portwood both lads could do with the ride without the pressure

Sam is riding on Friday and Sunday, so i'm guessing Sam. Conor Dwyer is riding instead of Portwood Friday.

Unless the rules have been changed and no one has bothered to tell us Lee Dicken cannot be declared in the same team as Steve Jones as only one rider over 30 is permitted.

• Like 1