British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Redcar Bears (lc) Sunday, April 6th (3pm)

if someone had cost me 5k by being an idiot i'd find it hard to keep calm

and so would most of the pontificators on here

he has been punished and may be punished further so stop with the witch hunt

His bike was still revving when he kicked him, he could have gone and retrieved his bike. I don't think repair costs were going through his mind.

• Like 1

His bike was still revving when he kicked him, he could have gone and retrieved his bike. I don't think repair costs were going through his mind.

mind reader now

On the one hand its good that Hall has issued an apology, but there should have no bearing on any investigation and/or punishment. He should still bare the consequences of his actions.

SCUNTHORPE Scorpions promoter Rob Godfrey has said former rider Richard Hall crossed a line when he kicked Josh Auty as he lay injured on the ground.

The incident occurred in heat seven of the Scorpions match against the Redcar Bears yesterday when Auty knocked off Hall as both jostled for position going round the second bend.

But as Auty lay injured on the ground Hall jumped up and kicked the stricken Scorpion rider.

Hall's actions saw him excluded from the rest of the meeting and fined by referee Peter Clarke while the incident will also be reported to the Speedway Control Bureau for possible further action.

Godfrey said: "I thought Josh was in front and I can understand Richard's frustrations but we have a line in speedway and Richard has crossed that.

"He couldn't have known what was wrong with Josh and kicking him in the stomach with his steel boot when Josh was down like that could have caused even more injury or internal bleeding."

Godfrey added that the referee Peter Clarke made the right decision in excluding Hall from the meeting and he felt that there was little other option left to the official.

He said:"There was no other punishment available and he had to exclude Richard.

"I'm not sure what we would have done if Richard hadn't been excluded from the meeting but we would have considered not carrying on.

"If both had been stood up and a had a bit of handbags then fair enough because there is a place for that in speedway as it gives people a buzz but if someone is on the floor it is totally different.

"If the same had happened to Anders Mellgren when he broke his back on Thursday things could have been a lot worse.

"Richard went over that line and kicking him could have inflicted more pain on him and possibly some internal bleeding."

Godfrey also defended Auty after criticisms from some quarters about his racing with people saying his all action style is dangerous after it has caused crashes before.

Godfey added: "Josh is Mr Entertainment and some people don't like his riding but he is a racer and that is what we want."

Scorpions manager Dave Peet shared Godfrey's views on Hall's actions.

Peet - himself a former referee - said: "There's no room for behaviour like that in speedway or in any sport.

"If Josh had suffered internal injuries in the crash, then the affect of being struck at like that could have been very serious.

"The referee made the only decision he could make in excluding Richard Hall from the rest of the meeting.

"The report will go to the Speedway Control Bureau and then they'll decide whether further action should be taken."

Auty suffered tissue damage from the collision and Godfrey is hopeful that he will be fit for Thursday's League Cup match against Sheffield with Claus Vissing been booked as a guest for injured number one Mellgren.

It sickens me to hear how some people talk about riders. Everyone of us fans know how dangerous the sport is, especially after the start when all 4 riders are going for the same line. I hope Josh isn't seriously injured, hes still my favourite rider. I find him very exciting to watch and cannot believe some of the posts on here. Like scribbler I immediately thought of the Ben Powell incident. We cannot allow riders to get away with such bad behavior....hang your head in shame RH what you did was unforgivable!

Were you at Workington the meeting Auty made one of his "racing moves" on Kenny Ingalls ??? . Mmmmmm I suggest not :rolleyes: . It sickened me to the stomach to see Kenny laid out on the track and his injuries have ended his career. So sorry but to me that is not excitement , but whatever floats your boat . What Hall did was unacceptable but Auty is by no way an Angel in all of this . Punish them both they BOTH deserve it .

• Like 1

Were you at Workington the meeting Auty made one of his "racing moves" on Kenny Ingalls ??? . Mmmmmm I suggest not :rolleyes: . It sickened me to the stomach to see Kenny laid out on the track and his injuries have ended his career. So sorry but to me that is not excitement , but whatever floats your boat . What Hall did was unacceptable but Auty is by no way an Angel in all of this . Punish them both they BOTH deserve it .

Your post is just as ridiculous as Jenga`s was yesterday.

• Like 2

Water off a ducks back here :rofl:

Can't see in anywhere in my post offering a Mac D's etc so no way near ridiculous , but please enlighten as to why its ridiculous , should be interesting :rolleyes:

On the one hand its good that Hall has issued an apology, but there should have no bearing on any investigation and/or punishment. He should still bare the consequences of his actions.

SCUNTHORPE Scorpions promoter Rob Godfrey has said former rider Richard Hall crossed a line when he kicked Josh Auty as he lay injured on the ground.

The incident occurred in heat seven of the Scorpions match against the Redcar Bears yesterday when Auty knocked off Hall as both jostled for position going round the second bend.

But as Auty lay injured on the ground Hall jumped up and kicked the stricken Scorpion rider.

Hall's actions saw him excluded from the rest of the meeting and fined by referee Peter Clarke while the incident will also be reported to the Speedway Control Bureau for possible further action.

Godfrey said: "I thought Josh was in front and I can understand Richard's frustrations but we have a line in speedway and Richard has crossed that.

"He couldn't have known what was wrong with Josh and kicking him in the stomach with his steel boot when Josh was down like that could have caused even more injury or internal bleeding."

Godfrey added that the referee Peter Clarke made the right decision in excluding Hall from the meeting and he felt that there was little other option left to the official.

He said:"There was no other punishment available and he had to exclude Richard.

"I'm not sure what we would have done if Richard hadn't been excluded from the meeting but we would have considered not carrying on.

"If both had been stood up and a had a bit of handbags then fair enough because there is a place for that in speedway as it gives people a buzz but if someone is on the floor it is totally different.

"If the same had happened to Anders Mellgren when he broke his back on Thursday things could have been a lot worse.

"Richard went over that line and kicking him could have inflicted more pain on him and possibly some internal bleeding."

Godfrey also defended Auty after criticisms from some quarters about his racing with people saying his all action style is dangerous after it has caused crashes before.

Godfey added: "Josh is Mr Entertainment and some people don't like his riding but he is a racer and that is what we want."

Scorpions manager Dave Peet shared Godfrey's views on Hall's actions.

Peet - himself a former referee - said: "There's no room for behaviour like that in speedway or in any sport.

"If Josh had suffered internal injuries in the crash, then the affect of being struck at like that could have been very serious.

"The referee made the only decision he could make in excluding Richard Hall from the rest of the meeting.

"The report will go to the Speedway Control Bureau and then they'll decide whether further action should be taken."

Auty suffered tissue damage from the collision and Godfrey is hopeful that he will be fit for Thursday's League Cup match against Sheffield with Claus Vissing been booked as a guest for injured number one Mellgren.

Now this is ridiculous :D

Edited by Taylorj

Redcar Bears star Richard Hall has issued an apology and explanation after the incident with Josh Auth at Scunthorpe yesterday which resulted in him being excluded from the rest of the meeting:

I would like to make an apology to Josh Auty, Scunthorpe and Redcar Speedway (including my team mates) and spectators present at the Scunthorpe V Redcar League Cup meeting on 6/4/14. During heat 7 Josh knocked me off entering bend 1 of the first lap which resulted in an injury to my shoulder (which I had a major operation to repair last year) and extensive damage to my bike. After getting up from the floor, I heard my bike revving flat out under the air fence which caused the engine to blow up. At the time I was extremely angry, was in a lot of pain and felt devastated at the cost that Josh's actions had resulted in. As I walked to my bike I heard Josh Auty swear at me and out of anger and in the heat of the moment I kicked him, which I immediately regretted.

I am sincerely sorry for my actions which I deeply regret. My actions were out of character, I have never acted this way before during a meeting and I accept that I was foolish and wrong to do so. I feel I have let myself and Redcar speedway down on this occasion and am extremely sorry I acted on impulse and out of emotion. I was fined and was expelled from the rest of this fixture which I accept was a fair punishment.

Speedway is a high adrenaline and dangerous sport and it is easy to lose your judgement during a moment like this. I have no issues with Josh Auty, my action was performed in the heat of the moment and I sincerely hope the injury caused by his fall heals quickly. I accept that my actions cannot be condoned, I am devastated about the situation I have put myself in due to a split second decision.

I am pleased for Richard Hall that he has chosen to make this statement. I agree with him that in the 'heat of the moment' you can loose your head and that is a mitigating point. However I would still suspect that the authorities will not allow this to pass with just a warning. RH did aim a kick at Josh which to me looked to connect and as devastated as he will be(and I believe him; he will be) he will have to take the rap for it. It is some good news that Josh might make Sheffield on Thursday; because we need him riding well; as we know he can right now.

I am sure that Josh and Richard can come together on and off track in the future; respectful of each other as talented racers and put this behind them. Speedway is unforgiving enough without introducing a further jeapordy. Rob's correct there have been times when a 'barney' has set the sparks flying at a meeting; Gollob v Boyce comes to mind, and did'nt the TV people love it!.

Thanks but I would rather see RH and Josh go wheel to wheel in a titanic but fair battle on track than aiming punches and words at each other.

After getting up from the floor, I heard my bike revving flat out under the air fence which caused the engine to blow up.

If the above statement is true his equipment has potentially not been checked properly either by himself or the machine examiners (assuming a fallen bike and a stood rider will pull the cutout which it should).

However this is still not justification for the actions.

Edited by rcgods

I made a point about Jack Millen in 1973 and I agree with a subsequent post that the kick aimed at the St Johns chap; was more to do with the way he approached Crazy Jack when he had suffered a leg injury. So I was wrong to compare the two and apologise for that.

It has brought another one to mind when Boston star Carl Glover and Bradford's reserve Mike Fishwick had a right old battle for 4laps at Odsal in 1975. Glover I believe came out on top; but I recollect that as Glover went on a 'lap of honour', Fishwick pulled up and waited for him to arrive between the third/fourth turn( turns1/2 new circuit) and planted a bunch of fives on the unsuspecting CG.

Pleased to read RH's apology and he has every right to put the incident into context as he saw it.

However, the SCB inquiry this week will have to decide on any further punishment, and I think that some sort of additional ban would be appropriate. The message should be underlined that what Hall did was totally unacceptable.

This will be my final comment on the subject.

Glad that Josh's injury doesn't seem to be too serious, the Scorpions could certainly do with him at Owlerton on Thursday.

Pleased to read RH's apology and he has every right to put the incident into context as he saw it.

However, the SCB inquiry this week will have to decide on any further punishment, and I think that some sort of additional ban would be appropriate. The message should be underlined that what Hall did was totally unacceptable.

This will be my final comment on the subject.

Glad that Josh's injury doesn't seem to be too serious, the Scorpions could certainly do with him at Owlerton on Thursday.

no change there then either, its always riders on the receiving end from his lunacy that suffer :nono::mad:

Edited by jamlad
  • Like 1

[/quote

whaws ridiculous about a macdonalds burger, or are you a kfc fan.

Hall says it's a high adrenaline sport, which it is. It's also a sport that requires split second decisions. Therefore I would have to question the sense of any rider who "loses it" in the heat of the moment being granted a licence.

• Like 2

[/quote

whaws ridiculous about a macdonalds burger, or are you a kfc fan.

More like a Roberts Chippy fan

You mean Hall ran wide...Auty passed him and Hall jumped off

Today was 4 riders going for it on first bend,Auty and Hall came together and that was it,,,Im all for rider adding a bit of entertainment with a few handbags,all good fun,but to walk up and kick someone when laid out on track I pain is below the belt

Even more so with what had happened last Thursday with Anders Mellgren

<attempt to get round swear filter removed>

No way!Hall was in front and on the racing line, Auty attempted a dive bomb and couldnt control it, pretty reckless!

dont know where you were standing but i had a perfect view.