British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dietbowers

Somerset V Newcastle 04/04/14

Awesome stuff from Brady. Shame we didn't get a chance to see him as a Wasp :lol:

/quote

Could not agree more that he should have been a Wasp {was up at Glasgow for their final meeting}and all fans hope you will be back some day. That said, the issue of Aussie riders being used on artificially 'low' averages must be dealt with. We were just womped at Oaktree by a team average of more like nearly 45 curtesy of young master Kurtz. Still looking forward to seeing him at Brough though.

The much hyped Lewis Kerr outshone Brady, not.

Nice comment...I am wondering where you got the "much hyped" bit from...I admit that I don't read every post on here, but I haven't seen much suggesting that anyone expected more from Lewis than they did from Brady this season.

I have seen a lot of hype about Brady, and a lot of discussion around the fact that he has been assessed at an average below what he should have been, and not too much talk about Lewis...maybe I just read the wrong parts of the forum, though ;)

• Like 2

Keep the faith you Rebels fans, keep the faith....

How predictable, yet nowhere to be seen in the two away defeat threads this week. I think that'll be the Rebels this year, a mixed bag of results. Aspgren looking quality after many questioned his signing.

The much hyped Lewis Kerr outshone Brady, not.

Grow up. Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

How predictable, yet nowhere to be seen in the two away defeat threads this week. I think that'll be the Rebels this year, a mixed bag if results. Aspgren looking quality after many questioned his signing.

Just wonder if you'l be saying the same thing come October... Trophies don't get given out in March April May nor June...

How predictable, yet nowhere to be seen in the two away defeat threads this week. I think that'll be the Rebels this year, a mixed bag if results. Aspgren looking quality after many questioned his signing.

Grow up.

Rumours are they are going to employ Starman as our cheerleader on a Friday night - all this keep the faith nonscense when he doesn't know half of the history behind our club and the general vibe around the place towards the current side which now Nick Morris is back, is actually very very good.

Everyone was buzzing to see Brady in action finally, and jeeeez he didn't disappoint! He's like a machine, pure quality and had to make numerous passes inside and out, his swoop to go from last to 2nd in heat 15 and outside pass on Rosen from memory being the highlights. Nearly breaking the track record in heat 3 too. What a bargain on a 5.00 average!

Also a special mention to Paul Starke and Charles Wright who were massive value for entertainment and points last night. It's going to take some beating to top heat 7 as the race of the season. Starke in 3rd place winding it on round the outside, Robson goes round Allen as Starke goes round them both - terrific race and superb effort from Starke.

Nick was invincible after his tapes demolition and very impressed by Pontus - i didn't rate his chances much this year but he's been our consistently best rider so far, so fair play to him.

Just wonder if you'l be saying the same thing come October... Trophies don't get given out in March April May nor June...

Yes they do - this meeting was the Premier Shield :blink:

• Like 5

Well he isn't so for god sake change the bloody record :-/

Nobody was on here saying he should be on a 7 when he scored 2 at Ippo last night

Swedy mate,you know the usual suspects will be whinging about Brady all season.In a league that has been stripped of most of the GP guys shouldn`t we all be celebrating what could be the emerging of another great talent.For what it`s worth I stand by my original comment roughly that any of the other teams would have ripped his (Brady`s)hand of to get him in their teams.How good was Darcy that first season at KL,if memory serves me right I think he too started on a 5 at reserve.The whingers will now say "But he didn`t do some meetings in the Danish League", does it really make that much difference.....

Rumours are they are going to employ Starman as our cheerleader on a Friday night - all this keep the faith nonscense when he doesn't know half of the history behind our club and the general vibe around the place towards the current side which now Nick Morris is back, is actually very very good.

Everyone was buzzing to see Brady in action finally, and jeeeez he didn't disappoint! He's like a machine, pure quality and had to make numerous passes inside and out, his swoop to go from last to 2nd in heat 15 and outside pass on Rosen from memory being the highlights. Nearly breaking the track record in heat 3 too. What a bargain on a 5.00 average!

Also a special mention to Paul Starke and Charles Wright who were massive value for entertainment and points last night. It's going to take some beating to top heat 7 as the race of the season. Starke in 3rd place winding it on round the outside, Robson goes round Allen as Starke goes round them both - terrific race and superb effort from Starke.

Nick was invincible after his tapes demolition and very impressed by Pontus - i didn't rate his chances much this year but he's been our consistently best rider so far, so fair play to him.

Yes they do - this meeting was the Premier Shield :blink:

Why don't you show your glum face and actually come and speak to me. You might just get a suprise, in stead of acting the clown. Garry got it right last year, and he will do it again...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Nobody was on here saying he should be on a 7 when he scored 2 at Ippo last night

Why would we? We said from the start he should be on a 7,we'll be saying in October he should've been on a 7.

Anyway, he should be on a 7.

That's 7, not 5, 7.

• Like 2

Good meeting last night,enjoyed Starkes win in heat7,that race was awesome stuff.Looks like the Waspels got lucky again with the signing of Brady Kurtz,can`t believe they got him on a 5 when he should be on a 3... :wink: .

Also nice of the Waspels promotion to have an airfence in Newport colours....

• Like 1

Feel sorry for those that travelled down... Rebels are always good at home... But...

Don't agree with comment that Rebels won because they are always good at home as Rebels only had two home track riders, the other 5 are new Rebels riders. Thought Brady was awesome and obviously his bike a lot faster than anybody else, has he got rich parents who bought the best equipment or has he a brilliant mechanic. Even allowing for the fact he was fast, some of his passes were unbelievable for someone his age, also impressed by Paul Starke's efforts.

Thought there would have been a bigger crowd for opening match, and sadly the presentation is no better, a real shame, seems a failing at most tracks, and no Rebels Rooster. Chili is back on the menu but had ordered pasty, mash and gravy before I noticed.

I am not overly panicking about this (or any other) result at the moment.

Many riders will be on new equipment and it might take a little time to get used to it and get the set-up correct.

We (the Diamonds) got 41 at Sheffield the night before and nobody beefed about that.

It's early days. Let's see how good the Rebels are at Brough on Sunday, but, the same can be said of them.

• Like 1

I am not overly panicking about this (or any other) result at the moment.

Many riders will be on new equipment and it might take a little time to get used to it and get the set-up correct.

We (the Diamonds) got 41 at Sheffield the night before and nobody beefed about that.

It's early days. Let's see how good the Rebels are at Brough on Sunday, but, the same can be said of them.

am thinking the air fence will be under closer observation by some,,,

Edited by ruffdiamond

Don't agree with comment that Rebels won because they are always good at home as Rebels only had two home track riders, the other 5 are new Rebels riders. Thought Brady was awesome and obviously his bike a lot faster than anybody else, has he got rich parents who bought the best equipment or has he a brilliant mechanic. Even allowing for the fact he was fast, some of his passes were unbelievable for someone his age, also impressed by Paul Starke's efforts.

Thought there would have been a bigger crowd for opening match, and sadly the presentation is no better, a real shame, seems a failing at most tracks, and no Rebels Rooster. Chili is back on the menu but had ordered pasty, mash and gravy before I noticed.

I`m guessing Todd has the same parents....,as for the mechanic maybe, it might be he is just quicker than most.

I`m guessing Todd has the same parents....,as for the mechanic maybe, it might be he is just quicker than most.

Hello CB,missing you already...