British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Somerset Rebels - Sun 6th April, 2014. Premiership

I was just stating that Lindgren is not a Number One. Granted his current average may put him in that position, but currently he is not riding well enough to justify either his position in the Team OR his Average.

I don't think I have said anything that isn't true.

REALLY,,, he's got a number 1 on stuff and in the programme n that, ;-)

• Like 3

REALLY,,, he's got a number 1 on stuff and in the programme n that, ;-)

Nice one RD. :t::rofl: :rofl:

If it helps with this debate, the Diamonds top five have scored as follows in the six meetings so far:- Lindgren 42pts, Henry 40pts, Robson 52pts, Kerr 28pts, Rosen 49pts.

"The Mackem"

If it helps with this debate, the Diamonds top five have scored as follows in the six meetings so far:- Lindgren 42pts, Henry 40pts, Robson 52pts, Kerr 28pts, Rosen 49pts.

"The Mackem"

Robbo has looked really good thus far this season, but not sure if he likes being number 1,,, just likes showing the rest how to do it,,, dunno :-)

Much was said during the latter part of the close season of Ludo regularly lending a hand with Sunday works on track prep. fence works and the like. I think that that alone speaks volumes as to his commitment to the club. Can anyone say whether he had any input as to the reshaping of the track. On another point, was I the only spectator to pity the poor young Somerset riders as they marched on past the normal line-up point thinking "has nobody told them our routine". Only to then realise that it was us poor home supporters who were really in the dark as the regular parade was hoisted in favour of the nights lamentable farce.

• Like 1

Much was said during the latter part of the close season of Ludo regularly lending a hand with Sunday works on track prep. fence works and the like. I think that that alone speaks volumes as to his commitment to the club. Can anyone say whether he had any input as to the reshaping of the track. On another point, was I the only spectator to pity the poor young Somerset riders as they marched on past the normal line-up point thinking "has nobody told them our routine". Only to then realise that it was us poor home supporters who were really in the dark as the regular parade was hoisted in favour of the nights lamentable farce.

You are right. Ludde used to fly in for a few days then fly back home. He came to most Sunday sessions and that included the many days when it was pouring down, and we were digging post holes and trying to cement them in. He joined in like everyone else and just got on with the job. He really didn't have any input to the changes, after it was explained what and why we were doing the changes. He did ask for more protection around where the gap between the panels coincided with a fence post, and we have strips of belting in these 5 locations.

Agree about the Parade, no more please.