British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Rye House V Somerset 12 April

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on! ;)

Wouldn't that be poetic justice after Rye House "stole" Tyson Nelson from under Sheffields nose? ;) Edited by Shadders

I don't know how much he earns riding for Coventry, but as he's only up against mainly NL class and the odd PL reserve that sounds about right.

If imagine he'd be snapped up by another PL club if Silver decided he'd had enough and released him. Somewhere like Sheffield who could easily release someone like Taylor Poole and fit him in.

I don't know how much he earns riding for Coventry, but as he's only up against mainly NL class and the odd PL reserve that sounds about right.

If imagine he'd be snapped up by another PL club if Silver decided he'd had enough and released him. Somewhere like Sheffield who could easily release someone like Taylor Poole and fit him in.

Amazing what goes through your mind while out clothes shopping with the Missus.

• Like 1

Hopefully JG will get his machinery sorted. The lad was devastated by his score last night & so it doesn't seem to me to be a problem with Rye, just poor machinery.

• Like 1

When the draft system was announced it was said there would be a £40 a point pay rate across the board. If that is all he's getting at Coventry then it's not enough to fund his racing surely?

When the draft system was announced it was said there would be a £40 a point pay rate across the board. If that is all he's getting at Coventry then it's not enough to fund his racing surely?

Depends how much they're paying him as a guarantee, but you'd think he'd need more than EL racing to earn enough Edited by Shadders

Depends how much they're paying him as a guarantee, but you'd think he'd need more than EL racing to earn enough

He needs far more than EL racing to develop a Career in the sport,he needs 3-4 meetings a week to keep him on his game,maybe he's being badly advised or been tapped up by another PL club with a view to

Joining them on a lower average,dependent of course on which of the many averages a rider has is the one thats used by the BSPA that week. Perhaps his injury is playing on his mind he knows he can beat other draft riders but its more difficult in the PL.Last night there were a couple of occasions where he was in a great Position but didn't twist the grip

• Like 1

He needs far more than EL racing to develop a Career in the sport,he needs 3-4 meetings a week to keep him on his game,maybe he's being badly advised or been tapped up by another PL club with a view to

Joining them on a lower average,dependent of course on which of the many averages a rider has is the one thats used by the BSPA that week. Perhaps his injury is playing on his mind he knows he can beat other draft riders but its more difficult in the PL.Last night there were a couple of occasions where he was in a great Position but didn't twist the grip

Definitely not the Jason Garrity we've been used to. Some people in the pits saying his bike wasn't up to much. Was down on power due to the engine not fitting in the frame properly. That's what I was told. I know nothing about bikes, but there was an announcement for some plumbers tape literally 5 minutes before the start of the meeting.

I would imagine it was properly bike problems as why would any ride not try to earn money

My first meeting of the season and really enjoyed it. Always good to meet up with Statto, Womble and all the rest not forgetting Shadders and Sid from Rye.I thought Somerset were very impressive ,Nick, Pontus and Brady were all worthy heat leaders and todd, Charlie and paul were all in the mix throughout.I was a bit disappointed with Rye, only Eddie got me off my seat, Boxall tried hard but in the end was second best to the Rebels top three, and Bowen gave it 100% as usual, but too late. Bunyan, Tress, Lambert and Garrity were (for the home side aswell) quite poor.

I had some great banter with some home supporters who made us quite welcome and invited me back (as I live in the Watford area) for a match that does not involve the Rebels to stand with them, which was great.

Hi Cliffeboy,

Were you the guy we were talking to at the starting gate, telling us about your father and Somerset?

My first meeting of the season and really enjoyed it. Always good to meet up with Statto, Womble and all the rest not forgetting Shadders and Sid from Rye.I thought Somerset were very impressive ,Nick, Pontus and Brady were all worthy heat leaders and todd, Charlie and paul were all in the mix throughout.I was a bit disappointed with Rye, only Eddie got me off my seat, Boxall tried hard but in the end was second best to the Rebels top three, and Bowen gave it 100% as usual, but too late. Bunyan, Tress, Lambert and Garrity were (for the home side aswell) quite poor.

I had some great banter with some home supporters who made us quite welcome and invited me back (as I live in the Watford area) for a match that does not involve the Rebels to stand with them, which was great.

Good to see you again - come along on Easter Sunday and watch us lose to Ipswich

• Like 1

Hi Cliffeboy,

Were you the guy we were talking to at the starting gate, telling us about your father and Somerset?

That sounds like our Cliffeboy............You must have been one of the people stood in front of me :)

Edited by womble53

Hi Cliffeboy,

That sounds like our Cliffeboy............You must have been one of the people stood in front of me :)

Good job as he wouldn't of seen a bloody thing if he was stood behind you :-P

• Like 1

Good job as he wouldn't of seen a bloody thing if he was stood behind you :-P

So says the human Solar Eclipse :P

• Like 2

Garrity is just coming back from a really serious injury and will be lacking in bike time and confidence as well as probably hurting a fair bit. Not looking interested to fans isn't necessarily the same as not being interested. Surely a rider the Rye fans were raving about a few months ago deserves to be allowed a bit more time to get back into things?

• Like 3