British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

First home meeting this year and whilst disappointed with the result there was enough to suggest the Bees will have a decent year.

Kings Lynn certainly look impressive. With a true No.1 and 2 solid heat leaders as back up (KB will improve) they will always be hard to beat. Really impressed with Lambert and Porsing who defied their age and averages. Kerr proved a trump card at reserve also.

As for the Bees. Anderson was struggling, he needs to rest the injury or risk prolonging it or making it worse. A guest should be booked for Monday. Harris seemed to gate ok but lacked speed. I know the track wasn't to his liking but a rider of his quality should be able to ride any track. He's in a tough position at 5 but the teams success will rely on him upping his game going forward. Hansen and Fish rode well. Fish has made a good start to the season whilst there's more to come from Hansen as he settles in. Claus did his job as a guest too. Sarj was struggling for speed but Garrity justified his inclusion with a decent return. All in all once the team has rode a couple more meetings and the injuries have cleared up I feel the Bees will win more than they loose.

Ref the presentation and stadium. I thought the inclusion of the national anthem was good, throw back to the old days. Glad the monster truck has gone, fed up with them not being able to start it anyway. And the stadium look good, plenty of advertising, no weeds and a buzzing improved track shop. For me the only improvements needed are a DJ (Bart) with the pre start tunes and a younger more vibrant presenter.

Roll on the Wooly backs next week ;)

• Like 2

Not the point, his job is to beat other heat leaders and not to be beaten by 2nd strings he did that. Bomber still has the 2 highest away scores riding at 5 ( 1 Bees and 1 guest appearance) so in fact he has started the season better than most other number 5s.

So he beat Schlein then.

Look just admit you are a big Bomber fan and will not listen to criticism against him

Look just admit you are a big Bomber fan and will not listen to criticism against him

Of course, it could also be a case that some bees fans just can't wait to" stick the knife in" where bomber is concerned. :neutral:

• Like 1

Yep, when it didn't mean anything.

Presume it meant something to Schlein, since he need to finish ahead of one of the Bees to win KL an extra point?

Can't handle pressure

Yet he has three EL titles to his CV, which is more than any Lynn rider.

You've won nowt yet. Try and stay grounded.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 2

Alan Hansen once said you win nothing with kids. Then again Ally McCloud said Scotland would win the World Cup. Can't trust a word these deep fired Mars bar eaters say. Lol

Alan Hansen once said you win nothing with kids. Then again Ally McCloud said Scotland would win the World Cup. Can't trust a word these deep fired Mars bar eaters say. Lol

Presume it meant something to Schlein, since he need to finish ahead of one of the Bees to win KL and extra point?

Yet he has three EL titles to his CV, which is more than any Lynn rider.

You've won nowt yet. Try and stay grounded.

I am very grounded, we won't win the league. Just stating that Bomber had a poor night for his 8 points. His 3 league titles would be down to the other 6 riders in the team also.

He is one of the most overrated British riders of all time. His SGP performances prove that

• Like 1

He is one of the most overrated British riders of all time. His SGP performances prove that

He isn't rated any higher or lower than his achievements merit. He's won multiple Elite League titles, 3 British titles, a British GP and is a former World number 6.

Who's claimed that he's any better than that?

• Like 3

He isn't rated any higher or lower than his achievements merit. He's won multiple Elite League titles, 3 British titles, a British GP and is a former World number 6.

Who's claimed that he's any better than that?

Himself. He'd be an absolute Worldy if the track was right, his bike didn't play up etc etc. Full of every excuse, never his fault

• Like 1

Himself. He'd be an absolute Worldy if the track was right, his bike didn't play up etc etc. Full of every excuse, never his fault

Lol. You could say that about most riders.

You're worrying about it too much. :lol:

First home meeting this year and whilst disappointed with the result there was enough to suggest the Bees will have a decent year.

Kings Lynn certainly look impressive. With a true No.1 and 2 solid heat leaders as back up (KB will improve) they will always be hard to beat. Really impressed with Lambert and Porsing who defied their age and averages. Kerr proved a trump card at reserve also.

As for the Bees. Anderson was struggling, he needs to rest the injury or risk prolonging it or making it worse. A guest should be booked for Monday. Harris seemed to gate ok but lacked speed. I know the track wasn't to his liking but a rider of his quality should be able to ride any track. He's in a tough position at 5 but the teams success will rely on him upping his game going forward. Hansen and Fish rode well. Fish has made a good start to the season whilst there's more to come from Hansen as he settles in. Claus did his job as a guest too. Sarj was struggling for speed but Garrity justified his inclusion with a decent return. All in all once the team has rode a couple more meetings and the injuries have cleared up I feel the Bees will win more than they loose.

Ref the presentation and stadium. I thought the inclusion of the national anthem was good, throw back to the old days. Glad the monster truck has gone, fed up with them not being able to start it anyway. And the stadium look good, plenty of advertising, no weeds and a buzzing improved track shop. For me the only improvements needed are a DJ (Bart) with the pre start tunes and a younger more vibrant presenter.

Roll on the Wooly backs next week ;)

I'll swap Peter York for our rubbish Craig Saul anyday. Why Panthers keep him employed I don't know, must be cheap

Before I begin, it's safe to say I'm not the greatest Chris Harris fan. I'm struggling to think of a rider who has been given as many chances as Bomber, or a rider who is quite so whiney, using every possible opportunity to blame everyone or everything bar himself.

HOWEVER I do think it's unfair to criticise him for his league performances so far. This is his level and has been for a few years now. By freak chance he made the GP series on the back of a suspect GP Challenge invite last year, but he isn't full season Grand Prix standard. On a somewhat grander scale, he reminds me of my very own speedway hero, Craig Watson. Absolutely brilliant in his prime, a club legend, but a rider who returned to the Wasps half the rider he used to be (largely through injury in Wato's case). Sure there were glimpses of his best days, but he wasn't the 9-10 point man everyone was hankering for.

Like a lot of riders, when everything clicks, Harris will go out and rack off five wins and break the track record. I fully expect him to have a few GP meetings where he looks brilliant as well, but those expecting him to deliver that on a consistent basis will, I fear, be disappointed.

JT.

• Like 3

I also am not his biggest fan, however !

Our home track, a team full of exciting racers. So it's prepared with no dirt on???? Brandon has very little track advantage as it is, so its just silly to put no dirt on the track. It was a dust bowl last night, put dirt on and then I think people have a right to say he isn't performing but it's horses for courses and we shot ourselfs in the foot last night.

• Like 5

I also am not his biggest fan, however !

Our home track, a team full of exciting racers. So it's prepared with no dirt on???? Brandon has very little track advantage as it is, so its just silly to put no dirt on the track. It was a dust bowl last night, put dirt on and then I think people have a right to say he isn't performing but it's horses for courses and we shot ourselfs in the foot last night.

To be fair the main aim was to get a track that a meeting could be ridden on let alone start to put dirt on it ..walk before you start to run