British Speedway Forum
superguest

Wolves Vs Kings Lynn 14/4/2014

that's were we miss Mike Bennett he knew the sport unlike the joker we have now .

Nowt wrong with Porky tho, best in the business.

Wolves were there to be beaten tonight, and we missed the chance.

I think a point gained was just rewards.

Doubt many will come to Monmore and walk away with any points.

The Stars look the only team capable IMHO.

Niels committed himself to pushing Ty wide as they left the back straight. How was Ty meant to cut back?

I agree, it wasn't much contact but he left him no room to come around the bend.

Impressed with Jacob and Ricky - They are both improving as riders each time they race.

Felt the Stars reserves were much stronger, but Ash rode steadily to win heat 2 with a cutback and a fast gate in heat 14. Should have beaten Rose in heat 9 though. Kerr looked a lot more confident than Ashley and I guess that's due to his much more impressive start to the season in the PL.

Joe won't have another night like that which will ease the pressure on Ash.

Woffy, not fit and not fast enough - Two lasts off gate four against PUK & Bjerre but he would have smoked them previously.

What can you say about Piotr? He is the real deal and probably one of the top 10 riders I've seen at Monmore, and its just his 4th Meeting!?

Lambert looked very fired up and have to say, had he been at reserve this year Lynn would have been much stronger but it would have meant no Kerr so I see why they took this decision.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 1

Enjoyed the meeting last night, some good racing on a fair track which isn't always the case so fair play Wolves promotion. Meeting was pushed through in good time too which is always nice for travelling fans.

Only one grumble is at the ref for Niels' exclusion, but these are the decisions that you get at home. Thought Pawlicki was excellent, and Kenneth was much better which is pleasing for all Stars fans.

Once again young Robert Lambert, on a track he's not had much time on, didn't take long for him to show he's the real deal. Some great racing, especially in heat 14. Credit should also be given to Lewis Rose who quickly cleared the track in that heat after falling when a more cynical sole may have stayed down.

All in all, happy with a point which is what we wanted and thanks to the nice chaps who sorted us out with pit passes.

Plenty of positives for Stars fans though : )

• Like 1

You must be related to the Ref, coming out with a statement like that. That was a ridiculous decision to exclude Niels. He was livid, and said afterwards, there was no contact what's so ever. Proctor came off himself. He choose his line, he put himself in that position, he bailed out. None could that be attributed to NKI. and to exclude him from his easiest ride was a joke.

I went to Monmore Green thinking we had a chance of points. All was going well until the ref decided to come to the fore, and did his best to ruin what was turning into a close and exciting match. First he allows Ht 8 to continue when all could see Proctor got a flyer from uneven start. Next heat 9, was a slow motion shambles. Even the riders didn't know what was going on and virtually stopped before the red light came on, .A restart with all 4 back was the fair and obvious answer. But no the ref had to impose himself. and then Heat 11. Such a shame really, what should have been a close match will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Yeah we got a point for our troubles, but I would have much rather have lost to the happening on the track rather then some petty person making stupid decisions.

Wolves were there to be beaten tonight, and we missed the chance. When Woffy get fit again, and Pawlinski gets dialled in, Proctor gets back after injury, Wolves will be a much stronger team and will be in contention for the play-offs. I wasn't aware till last night, there were several Stars riders who don't like the Wolves track, so bearing that in mind they performed very well. Special mention to Lambert , who is prepared to mix it with who-ever. But with Rory not performing it took what ever advantage we had from a sub-performance from Woffy away. Wolves will be more pleased with the points won . After seven heats there were a lot of doubt's creeping in.

Must say, I thought the track tonight was as good as I had seen it and the racing was always exciting, In the end we got a well deserved point, that not even a crap ref could take away.

At least 4 relations of the ref were standing by me last night then?

Niels committed himself to pushing Ty wide as they left the back straight. How was Ty meant to cut back?

I agree, it wasn't much contact but he left him no room to come around the bend.

This sums it up for me.

If the meeting had been at Saddlebow then everyone would have been related to the ref. :party::rofl:

• Like 1

Rather than bemoaning the referee the Stars fans should be slating Schlein for letting the victory get away from them - he was awful.

The Iversen - Proctor decision was a tight one but Iversen did himself no favours with his decision to drift Proctor wide when there appeared little need for it - if he had kept to the line he would have passed Proctor easily.

Lambert was very impressive and unlucky not to score more.

I didn't understand the logic of leaving Rose in heat 14 - personally I would have switched him for Kerr.

Wolfie

• Like 2

Heard it all. Adams 'Tai bike problems, LUCKILY IT DIDN'T COST US'.

So how many points was that then you muppet? 3?

Er no, 2.

Sooner he sods off the better. (Adams that is, not Woffy!).

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Rather than bemoaning the referee the Stars fans should be slating Schlein for letting the victory get away from them - he was awful.

The Iversen - Proctor decision was a tight one but Iversen did himself no favours with his decision to drift Proctor wide when there appeared little need for it - if he had kept to the line he would have passed Proctor easily.

I didn't understand the logic of leaving Rose in heat 14 - personally I would have switched him for Kerr.

Wolfie

I ask the question, what was the reason Niels was excluded. Was it because he didn't leave Proctor any room, or did he cut Proctor up and fenced him, or was it because Proctor bailed out, knowing he couldn't get round. I having problems understanding the logic of all this .

Niels missed the start, but cut back to the inside to pass Proctor along the back straight. Clearly in second place when entering the 3rd bend, Niels attempts the wide line coming out of the 4th bend to get a run on Pawlinski. Are we now saying he must leave enough room , just in case the person behind wants to race there, or are we saying the person in front doesn't have the choice of lines.

Proctor was the person who was behind at this stage, and could have eased up and took any line he choose. Rightly or wrongly he choose to try and do the outside pass, something that no-one else did all night, and that was pass on the outside. Proctor choose wrong but it was Niels who was penalised.

Had the boot been on the other foot, and Niels and Proctor were in opposite positions, Niels would have seen the dangers and eased up. there would be no case to answer. As it happens Proctor choose wrong and got away with it because of the lenient referee .

I agree with you about Rory, very disappointing performance, and as you say he was the main reason the Stars lost. Hard to stomach when the captain don't perform as he can. I also agree putting Kerr in Ht 14. We were only 5 points behind then and Kerr gating could have been the difference from winning and losing. having score 7 from this only 3 rides he was the obvious choice that somehow got missed.

Obviously pleased to get a point, but looking back, we won't get a better chance of winning at Wolves then we had last night. Will look upon it as a golden opportunity lost.

Wolfie

After a tough night at Brandon on Friday, taking Rose out of heat 14 would have been a further knock to the lads confidence IMO. And he had just won his first race in heat 9, so I can understand why Rob kept him in. You can't expect all the fast track lads to hit the ground running on every track, and a longer term view must be taken. This show of faith will no doubt inspire Rose to a big score on Wednesday back at home where he's much more comfortable.

I am still happy that we have the best reserve pairing in the league and enjoy watching these local lads race tremendously.

I'd like to think that no riders will be getting slated by anybody, whether it be Kenneth on Friday or Rory last night. Riders are still getting into the swing of things and he has been very good so far, would rather we won and lost as a team.

• Like 4

Win as a team, Lose as team.....No "I" in Team dah dah dah etc etc etc. The one thing about the current Lynn team, there is no pressure on any individual. Everyone will have their off nights at some point during the season. I am quite happy looking at the bigger picture. Whether Lynn make the play-offs or not I think with the youngstes we have onboard it will be an entertainning season.

• Like 3

I ask the question, what was the reason Niels was excluded. Was it because he didn't leave Proctor any room, or did he cut Proctor up and fenced him, or was it because Proctor bailed out, knowing he couldn't get round. I having problems understanding the logic of all this .

Niels missed the start, but cut back to the inside to pass Proctor along the back straight. Clearly in second place when entering the 3rd bend, Niels attempts the wide line coming out of the 4th bend to get a run on Pawlinski. Are we now saying he must leave enough room , just in case the person behind wants to race there, or are we saying the person in front doesn't have the choice of lines.

Proctor was the person who was behind at this stage, and could have eased up and took any line he choose. Rightly or wrongly he choose to try and do the outside pass, something that no-one else did all night, and that was pass on the outside. Proctor choose wrong but it was Niels who was penalised.

Had the boot been on the other foot, and Niels and Proctor were in opposite positions, Niels would have seen the dangers and eased up. there would be no case to answer. As it happens Proctor choose wrong and got away with it because of the lenient referee .

Why does it matter, as fans watching we will all have differing opinions on what happened but its only the refs view that count.

There are so many differing opinions from people who were there yet everyone is trying to say there opinion is right and the reasons why.

Around me 2 people said Iversen deserved to be excluded whilst myself and 1 other said that was the wrong decision. And we all stand in the same place,

Whatever the ref saw may or may not be right. It doesn't change anything anyway.

I would however be interested to see a replay if they show it next week at the track.

Why does it matter, as fans watching we will all have differing opinions on what happened but its only the refs view that count.

There are so many differing opinions from people who were there yet everyone is trying to say there opinion is right and the reasons why.

Around me 2 people said Iversen deserved to be excluded whilst myself and 1 other said that was the wrong decision. And we all stand in the same place,

Whatever the ref saw may or may not be right. It doesn't change anything anyway.

I would however be interested to see a replay if they show it next week at the track.

Yeah I understand mate and appreciate the difficult of the Ref in getting it right all the time. It's just so annoying when these things happen, at such an important time that it has a massive effect on the meeting. From sitting in ,what I thought was a comfortable position, after 7 heats, 4 races later, we have our backs to the wall struggling to be in contention after the Ref had ruled on 3 of those races. While Niels was fuming at the decision, the most annoying aspect of the whole incident was seeing Proctor getting back to be pit area with a smile on his face, giving the impression that he really happy. Not the impression of someone who had just been taken out hit the track and was annoyed.

I found that strange........

Proctor's smirk doesn't surprise me, you could tell by the way he threw his hands up in the air that he was trying it on and of course the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.