British Speedway Forum
coomie

The Surprise Rider

I'm surprised Carl Wilkinson has broken Redcar's new air fence yet - although he did give it a good go last week in all fairness to him.

Also very happy with how Luke Crang has shaped up so far, nice style and looks good.

Jan Graverson had the honour of popping the first bit of bouncy castle last week.

He wasn't 'sacked' he just had a crisis in confidence and said he was going to take the rest of the year break from the PL and come back next year. Unfortunately he went to the wrong team :cry: (Just kidding, I'm glad to see he is back to his best :t: )

Yeah he was poor at Redcar.

Jan Graverson had the honour of popping the first bit of bouncy castle last week.

Yeah he was poor at Redcar.

Such a way with words you have :nono:

Interesting to see Steve's mini interview on Sky recently. I tried to 'do it on my own' was his comment. At the start of last season we at Brough put his poor showing down to confidence-and while that may have had some bearing- this seems to indicate that his equipment may have been at fault. Hopefully his currant form is showing that inborn talent does require a 'leg up' via sponsorship.

Ryan Douglas

No big surprise with Ryan, he is flying and carrying on where he left off last season. Scunthorpe fans could see he was something a bit special and it's really pleasing to see him return and look like fulfilling that potential. Number one by the end of the season? If he continues in his current form then that's quite a possibility.

I would agree with some previous posts about Steve Worrall. He's impressed me more than most. I often pop down to Scunnys training sessions to see who's there and watch a bit of action. The Worralls have been regular visitors this winter. They rode a pair, pushed each other hard, you could see the effort these two we're putting in, was really impressive to see. Steve looked very much on par with his brother. It would seem all this effort and dedication is paying off. Maybe other riders should take note...put the time and effort in during the winter and you'll hopefully reap the rewards.

• Like 1

No big surprise with Ryan, he is flying and carrying on where he left off last season. Scunthorpe fans could see he was something a bit special and it's really pleasing to see him return and look like fulfilling that potential. Number one by the end of the season? If he continues in his current form then that's quite a possibility.

I would agree with some previous posts about Steve Worrall. He's impressed me more than most. I often pop down to Scunnys training sessions to see who's there and watch a bit of action. The Worralls have been regular visitors this winter. They rode a pair, pushed each other hard, you could see the effort these two we're putting in, was really impressive to see. Steve looked very much on par with his brother. It would seem all this effort and dedication is paying off. Maybe other riders should take note...put the time and effort in during the winter and you'll hopefully reap the rewards.

Yea big future for Ryan

For me it's got to be Josh Bates - never thought he be in the top three of the U-21 never mind CHAMPION! Then his fantastic performance at Redcar last night, brilliant.

Must admit I was more than a little sceptical about him coming into the Sheffield team this year, but his first meeting at Scunthorpe proved he had real commitment and although his first couple of competitive meetings at Sheffield were poor it appears he's now gained confidence and has the ability to go far in this sport.

Good on yer Josh keep it up kid!

• Like 2