British Speedway Forum

So, that is now four Sheffield riders riding at Sheffield!!

When I were a lad the Sheffield riders were all seeded to the Leicester semi. On the other hand the British rounds also included the likes of Mauger, Moore, Briggs, Airey, Valentine etc.

If Bates does get a start then I imagine he'd be quite happy to go to Rye given his penchants for the smaller circuits.

Did robert lambert refuse a place? (I.e.part of his tantrum in the star the other week). Real shame if thats the case.

The sheffield semi looks like the harder one to qualify from IMO.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Did robert lambert refuse a place? (I.e.part of his tantrum in the star the other week). Real shame if thats the case.

The places are allocated on last years averages.

As a new 3 pointer he would not be on the list.

• Like 1

The places are allocated on last years averages.

As a new 3 pointer he would not be on the list.

Ok thanks. Shame the criteria didnt have enough flexibility to allow the odd exception to the rules. Reckon id be justifiably annoyed if I were him.

Is it the top 8 from each semi or the top 7 and 2 wild card picks to the final? Maybe we can give Robert Lambert a wild card!!

They could have allocated one space at each semi for a wild card, or is that using common sense.

Scott Nicholls now riding at Sheffield! swapping with Lanham who rides at Rye House.

Scott Nicholls now riding at Sheffield! swapping with Lanham who rides at Rye House.

Why the change?

What a f.. f.. f.. farce!

How can they expect this sport to be taken seriously?

If Lanham is unavailable, then he forfeits his place

Can we please have a guarantee that next year (if there is one) a proper draw will take place, with reserves named to take the places of anyone who can't/won't take up their position

What a f.. f.. f.. farce!

How can they expect this sport to be taken seriously?

If Lanham is unavailable, then he forfeits his place

Can we please have a guarantee that next year (if there is one) a proper draw will take place, with reserves named to take the places of anyone who can't/won't take up their position

SCOTT Nicholls and Leigh Lanham have switched venues for the forthcoming British semi-finals.

Seven-times Champion Nicholls is unavailable for the Rye House semi-final on April 30 and will therefore race at Sheffield this Thursday, April 24, with Lanham switching to the Hoddesdon event.

Edited by NeilWatson

SCOTT Nicholls and Leigh Lanham have switched venues for the forthcoming British semi-finals.Seven-times Champion Nicholls is unavailable for the Rye House semi-final on April 30 and will therefore race at Sheffield this Thursday, April 24, with Lanham switching to the Hoddesdon event.

Sorry for error - Nicholls unavailable, not Lanham - but my opinion is nevertheless unchanged

Rye semi Woffinden aside looks very weak now

• Like 1