British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghostie

Chris Bomber Harris Performances

and just to add, any team of any decade that had the quality of louis/gollob/ricko in their prime, with nicholls. its pretty obvious the reserves would be weak!!

and just to add, any team of any decade that had the quality of louis/gollob/ricko in their prime, with nicholls. its pretty obvious the reserves would be weak!!

Still off-topic!

Shouldn't this be in a thread about Ipswich riders of the past?

Just what do you mean when you say mix and match each team has 3 ht leaders two 2nd strings and 2 reserves with a team total as per rules and regs.The decision was taken in the winter to include two draft riders from the published list to give BRITISH riders a chance to earn decent money and learn from more established riders in their team.I suppose just to keep you happy we should get rid of all the new guys and bring in greedy danes,poles,swedes and probably soon latvians and romanians .Sorry if your upset but I would rather pay my money to watch home grown new talent trying to make a career for themselves .

Sorry its off topic for other users but I just felt I had to fight the young guys corner ...

Edited by FTM
  • Like 3

Chris, at his best, is a gutsy, heroic rider. Chris at his less good is something considerably below that. I think he is still young enough to make a considerable contribution to the sport but he needs to get his machinery consistently good and that will help with his confidence. And as with any sport confidence is such a big factor.

I agree with the posters above who think he should accept he isn't a top class world beater. He should be happy to be a solid Team rider. Once he has done that life should be easier for him.

• Like 1

Chris, at his best, is a gutsy, heroic rider. Chris at his less good is something considerably below that. I think he is still young enough to make a considerable contribution to the sport but he needs to get his machinery consistently good and that will help with his confidence. And as with any sport confidence is such a big factor.

I agree with the posters above who think he should accept he isn't a top class world beater. He should be happy to be a solid Team rider. Once he has done that life should be easier for him.

He's 31and now in his 16th season as a rider. If he hasn't learnt already, he never will. Premier League next season

Harris is on a 6.8 ish average. He now has to face almost exclusively rival heatleaders. Reslistically then, a six point average means he is performing as you would expect, so assuming five rides youd be hoping for maybe nine at home snd seven away and hes done his job.

If he ends up dropping down to second string he will likely clean up, and all of a sudden people will be marvelling at his resurgence in form.

Agree he was awful in auckland though.

• Like 1

Just what do you mean when you say mix and match each team has 3 ht leaders two 2nd strings and 2 reserves with a team total as per rules and regs.The decision was taken in the winter to include two draft riders from the published list to give BRITISH riders a chance to earn decent money and learn from more established riders in their team.I suppose just to keep you happy we should get rid of all the new guys and bring in greedy danes,poles,swedes and probably soon latvians and romanians .Sorry if your upset but I would rather pay my money to watch home grown new talent trying to make a career for themselves .

Sorry its off topic for other users but I just felt I had to fight the young guys corner ...

if i wanna watch someone learn there trade, i dont expect to see them in an "elite" lge. you want to, you go ahead, its your money, your choice

Regarding Phil Morris helping Harris with his gating, I find this a little odd. Although he was renowned as being a hard rider, I can never remember Morris being an especially brilliant gater…

Although you can't blame Harris for capitalising on the golden opportunities he is offered on the world stage, you've got to question how long the organisers can keep propping up the international career of a rider who clearly isn't world class any more.

Unfortunately these confidence sapping Grand Prix appearances will only hasten the downward trajectory of his league career. If he lowered his sights a little, and focused on the league, then he could still be an excellent rider in my opinion. Certainly much better than Premier League standard.

JT.

• Like 1

I think he started to go down hill with the race against Bel Vue last season He only rode 2 races and it was hard to see how he even got a ride at all. They said he was suffering from a migrane. If that was the case he has had a awful lot of migrains since that night. I think he is finished in top class speedway, time to lower his sights of what he wants to achive. Better to be remembered as a winner and not a constant loser. 2 Years down the line and I see him as a team manager.

He certainly looked sharper and more confident tonight for his paid 10 from four rides. And that was on another slick track that didn't offer him the chance to attempt his trademark passes. Stick with him, he'll come good.

• Like 1

Harris was brilliant tonight. Nothing better than watching him pick off riders around Brandon.

He looked fast tonight and rode well

• Like 2

Harris was brilliant tonight. Nothing better than watching him pick off riders around Brandon.

He looked fast tonight and rode well

Brilliant? Really? And yet he dropped points to Doyle and Korneliussen...No disrespect to those two, but they aren't exactly the first names that you would put on a list of World stars that a Grand Prix rider would be losing at home to....

Let's be honest, Leicester have a lack of top end strength so it's maybe worth holding off on a celebration of a Harris revival until he has some success against better opposition!

However, I will admit that after his recent results it possibly is an improvement when he can come away from a home match with the thought that he at least beat Ricky Wells and Tom Perry more times than they beat him... :o

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 2

Brilliant? Really? And yet he dropped points to Doyle and Korneliussen...No disrespect to those two, but they aren't exactly the first names that you would put on a list of World stars that a Grand Prix rider would be losing at home to....

Let's be honest, Leicester have a lack of top end strength so it's maybe worth holding off on a celebration of a Harris revival until he has some success against better opposition!

However, I will admit that after his recent results it possibly is an improvement when he can come away from a home match with the thought that he at least beat Ricky Wells and Tom Perry more times than they beat him... :o

Were you there?

He was very good. Mads is always great on our track & both higher averages than Harris

No 5 is hardest position to ride, track was slick so he did really well.

Edited by mdmc82

He has a better than average meeting, which he should be doing every week at home, let's seewhat today brings

Were you there?

He was very good. Mads is always great on our track & both higher averages than Harris

No 5 is hardest position to ride, track was slick so he did really well.

i was there and I agree with Henry
  • Like 1