British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Kings Lynn Young Stars - Challenge Easter Monday 21/4/14

Just thought I would start this,Kings first Home meeting of year.

Hope the weather is kind and good crowd turns up. :t:

Edited by AJ is King

Unfortunately I'll be missing this one as I'm out of the country but I look forward to the next home meeting against Mildenhall.

We've had some great results away already this season but it'll be good to see how the riders do at home. Hopefully it'll be nice weather and a big crowd to get things started at CP!

At last!!!!!!!! The day is finally here! hopefully the start of a very good 2nd season for the kings! Got a run up to Heathrow at 11 this morning and then FORCING myself to drop onto the stadium on the way back :wink::wink::wink: . Been a long winter as usual but weather looking good and here's hoping for a good and safe meeting!

Good luck to the Kings today and a safe meeting for all!

Solid score for the Kings! Well done to Morley for the top score and it's good to see Freemantle doing so well.

What was the crowd like today?

Any idea why Lewis Rose and Scott Campos were missing for the Young Stars?

• Like 1

Any idea why Lewis Rose and Scott Campos were missing for the Young Stars?

Lewis had serious mechanical issues at Newcastle yesterday (and still managed to score 4+2 points :D )

I think Scott Campos was racing in something else to do with team USA, dunno like

Solid score for the Kings! Well done to Morley for the top score and it's good to see Freemantle doing so well.

What was the crowd like today?

A decent meeting which I thought Kings made hard work of.Morley/Lambert solid,Mason/Compton showed they will get good points.Freemantle did well after his terrible crashes.Chessell was disappointing.But must say young Harris looked good - small but real determination.

A decent crowd - but smaller than I hoped for.

For Stars - Mallet/cockle were solid - Wilson a good guest.Watching Kirby last season and today he worries me that he does hit the deck a lot.

Lewis had serious mechanical issues at Newcastle yesterday (and still managed to score 4+2 points :D )

I think Scott Campos was racing in something else to do with team USA, dunno like

Thank you :) Was just curious. Never knew Lewis had serious mechanical issues yesterday. I saw he'd had one fall on the updates. To score 4+2 was pretty good then!

• Like 1

Well have to say that was a really enjoyable meeting! And so nice to see live apeedway again after another long winter!!!

was really impressed with the kings. Look a much more solid and stronger team than last year and can see no reason why we shudnt b challenging for a play off spot! The two that most impressed me were Ben Morley and young Luke Harris. Ben has taken it up another level with the fast track system and it definitely showed 2day! Can see him becoming our number 1 this year without a doubt! Also hugely impressed with like Harris! Id say call off the search for the team spot and get him in there! On the pace most of the day and a really nice smooth style i thought! The mason/compton partnership looks like it cud b a good one and freemantle looks like he cud live up to the promise hes been labeled with! Thought chessell looked ok and worth more than the 2 he scored tho he threw a win away so shud of had 5pts really? Lambert looks good too tho never gunna replace Stevie b! All in all very happy with the team and looking forward to a good season!

Good win for Kent Kings on a patchy track, causing a few unecessary falls,,and that unfortunatly did not produce the good racing hoped for, in front of a fair sized enthusiastic crowd ..Our Ben Morley headed the score chart with a fine 12+1 from 5 ..Simon Lambert who looked a bit out of shape on some of the corners but came good with Ben Morley in heat 15 to clinch a decent winning margin of 52-39 Simon scored 10 from 5, David Mason 8+2 and Benji Compton 8 both from 4 and solid ,,Luke Chessel who still has problems staying upright ,a dissapointing 2 from 4, Threw away a win ,,Impressed with both the reserves especially young Luke Harris attacked the track well 5 from 4 and Brandon Freemantle 7+2 from 4 solid... For the visitors Darren Mallet 8 from 5 looked sharp early on till guest partner Ben Wilson took over as the main driving force for Kings Lynn with 10+ 2 from 5 and will be a real force again in this league.. but the strenght in depth they had on paper did not materialise ,despite a great ride from Marc Owen in heat 14 when he showed the potential class he has always had,, May need some financial help to remain really competative if you think you could help in any way he is a really nice lad with lots to offer... So an excellent start for the Kings ,,Next meeting here May bank holiday monday 3 pm

Edited by waco

Thank you :) Was just curious. Never knew Lewis had serious mechanical issues yesterday. I saw he'd had one fall on the updates. To score 4+2 was pretty good then!

Yus :)

Better crowd than at Rye House the day before which was blighted by the weather. Decent first meeting but the track seemed very patchy after the watering. Only thing i missed from last year was watching Jack Kingston. Can't draw too much from this victory as i thought Kings Lynn were pretty poor. Having watched Luke at Rye for a season i think he is a much better rider than he showed yesterday give him time and i am sure he will come good. Shame no meeting next week and the next is another afternoon meeting as a bit of sun drying the track spoils the spectacle.

Can't say that I particularly enjoyed it, but was impressed with Luke Harris.

The 'Young Stars' were a little under par yesterday, and they will be okay as the season progresses. I'm sure the result will be a lot closer when the two sides meet in the league.

That felt pretty good. Still a work in progress, but some great potential I think. Here's my two penneth (youngsters will need to look that up) for what it's worth:

1. Simon Lambert. Not as smooth as I was expecting. Impossibly long legs (Crane Fly on a bike). What was all the head shaking about at the end of heat 10? Point well made in heat 15, but as the captain I would have preferred to see him stay with Ben Morley.
  2. Luke Chessell. Slick gater but all at sea in the first turn. Looked very wobbly. Freemantle and Harris will be chasing his team place if he's not careful. A bit of a worry.
  3. David Mason. Magic is one of those riders whose contribution is worth so much more than what you see on the score sheet. That said, he still weighed in with 8 paid 10, including a heat win.
  4. Benji Compton. Two heat wins, but still not quite the rider I was expecting to see, given his winter preparations and new bike. Still looks down on power. Come on Benji, you were my pre-season tip for glory.
  5. Ben Morley. Everyone's looking to him to be this season's Steve Boxall. That's unfair to both riders. Ben has upped his game for sure and it looks like there's still something left in the tank. If he brings his A game this season he's destined for big things.
  6. Luke Harris. Granted he'll probably have tougher opposition in the months ahead, but what a great home debut. I see immense potential here. Let's hope he gets the right mentoring and that we can keep hold of him.
  7. Brandon Freemantle. He has got to be the bargain of the season. Came in on an assessed 3.00 average and even when he progresses into the main body of the team (as he will) he'll still be good for 6-7 points at least. Impressive.

Other than the dodgy sound system, my main concern was the state of the inside line on turn one. Several riders got caught out there, and a couple came to grief because of it. We need to get that sorted PDQ.

Play off contenders? Discuss.

• Like 1