British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Wolves V Belle Vue 22/4/14

Dont forget cookie started the 2013 season on a 5.52 average so he has done well to reach heat leader status give him time he still has a lot to learn.He finished last season a lot better than he started i think he will improve as the season goes by.

What puzzles me over Craig Cook, is that some speedway forum members cannot wait to have a dig at him, is this just a British rider thing ? as the foreigners do not appear to get the same flack that the Brits do, is it a quirk of the British mentality that some always prefer Johnny foreigner to our own.

It hasn't helped with some of the Twitter remarks that have been made by Craig, but young riders need this ego & confident attitude to get on, and he has only had a relatively short time riding speedway. Given time and the right mentor I am feel sure he will get through this spell of lower than expected scores, they are a lot tougher races for the 1-3 & 5 this year.

• Like 1

I think there is something seriously wrong with Tai. When he went down last night, he got up and his right leg seemed to give way on him, and he fell to the floor again.

Is this from the injury he sustained the other week at Leicster.

should have kept him at Brandon instead of Harris

In the present set up at Coventry I believe Scott would probably have done a better job than Bomber...The Aces have got a good team rider...

I think there is something seriously wrong with Tai. When he went down last night, he got up and his right leg seemed to give way on him, and he fell to the floor again.

Is this from the injury he sustained the other week at Leicster.

Think he was a bit dizzy, his brain was still travelling at speed to the right and he tried to get up to the left...

• Like 1

TBF, Scott was a jumped up, arrogant, cocky, disliked by many little oik when he was younger. Didn't he once take a swing at a Kings Lynn fan?

True but by the time Scott was Cooks age he already done Cardiff two or three times and already had a couple of GP podium finishes to his name. He wasn't doing it not talking about it. about it. That's what a mean about riders staking their claim on the track.

Of course part of the problem is that potential Team GP riders are now so thin on the ground that even people with a decent PL record are being spoken of as potential Team GB riders before they have even cut the mustard in the EL. Of the potential Team GB riders only 3 are not doubling up in the PL and one of those doesn't want to ride in the national team. Thus we have D/U riders who at best are not really more than decent EL second strings, seemingly believing they should be shoe-horned into Cardiff.

to be fair to cook and his comments, seeing smolinski winning the GP, he feels (quite rightly) that 'if he can win one so can I'...

that is for me, 100% the right attitude and ambition to have, and one that a good many other British riders should either have or should have had over the years...

there is no doubt that this is a big year for him though, he needs to move onto the 'next level' and not just 'stagnate'....

let's hope he can, as Britain certainly need many more riders competing in the Top 20/30 in the world..

• Like 1

TBF, Scott was a jumped up, arrogant, cocky, disliked by many little oik when he was younger. Didn't he once take a swing at a Kings Lynn fan?

In your opinion of course - disliked by a few I think, not many and no, I don't think it's TBF.

What puzzles me over Craig Cook, is that some speedway forum members cannot wait to have a dig at him, is this just a British rider thing ? as the foreigners do not appear to get the same flack that the Brits do, is it a quirk of the British mentality that some always prefer Johnny foreigner to our own.

It hasn't helped with some of the Twitter remarks that have been made by Craig, but young riders need this ego & confident attitude to get on, and he has only had a relatively short time riding speedway. Given time and the right mentor I am feel sure he will get through this spell of lower than expected scores, they are a lot tougher races for the 1-3 & 5 this year.

I don't think it's anything to do with Nationality this time. As the Belle Vue No.2 people rightly expect him to be beating opposing teams' numbers 1 and 2 more frequently than he is, and beating other opposition most of the time. He didn't get his average by chance and I think will improve but his performances so far have cost the Aces some points - nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Edited by SPEEDY69

In your opinion of course - disliked by a few I think, not many and no, I don't think it's TBF.

So we'll ignore the fact he tok a swing at a fan? Or kicked Nigel Sadler while he was on the ground injured (something Rich Hall got banned for 2 weeks ago!)

Scott WAS disliked by quite a few when he was younger and he courted a lot of controversy.

Team GB are now at a stage where they are very hard pushed to pick a winning team. There is no one in the wings that is good enough to come into the team. That is the fault of the way that British speedway has failed to develop it's young riders over the last 10 to 15 years. I can see a bit of progress being made with young lads from 10 to 18 now with them being looked after and trained at long last.

Just hope that this is carried on in the coming years, or will not have a British rider that could even make an EL leage place or on the world stage.

Could it be ?, the Aces finally have a team to compete for the playoffs instead of the wooden spoon

• Like 1

Not a description of Scott that I would recognise.A tad harsh IMO even allowing for the fact I could be a little biased being an Ipswich boy!

NB - who can blame anyone wanting to punch a Kings Lynn fan!! (joke!)

• Like 3

So we'll ignore the fact he tok a swing at a fan? Or kicked Nigel Sadler while he was on the ground injured (something Rich Hall got banned for 2 weeks ago!)

Scott WAS disliked by quite a few when he was younger and he courted a lot of controversy.

Cant even believe it is in dispute!

Screamer can be a bit annoying!!! ;)

• Like 1

Cook will come good just like Harris has in his previous 2 meetings. People are to quick to be critical of a rider when they've had a couple of poor meetings. This system can make decent riders look poor. Nicholls will probably get the same stick when he has a run of poor results.

• Like 2

Cook will come good just like Harris has in his previous 2 meetings. People are to quick to be critical of a rider when they've had a couple of poor meetings. This system can make decent riders look poor. Nicholls will probably get the same stick when he has a run of poor results.

I couldn't agree more. These days people seem far too quick to be critical instead of offering support.

• Like 1