British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Scorpions 24/4/14 Pl

There hasn't been any news on whether the material to repair/rebuild the bends has been delivered - there were supply problems, although I don't know the detail.

If Lanham can score a few quid, good luck to him - he's got absolutely nothing to lose in terms of his reputation.

Don't forget that Ipswich fans have had mixed views about Lanham over the years - it's only recently that he's won more over ... despite his professed dislike of the #1 position.

I still think that Risager was the logical option for this season - but if he doesn't make progress beyond his current level, then moving on in 2015 seems more likely.

Me too.

On the track front, Louis knows that the poor standard of racing so far this season could potentially hurt his business so I'm sure he's on the case to rectify it.

I'm even debating myself whether to give it a miss for a while until the track has improved as I can't stomach too many more meetings like the Good Friday one.

None of the supporters are getting value for money so far this season so it's an obvious issue.

I have no idea how much the amount of shale needed is going to cost? I assume it's not cheap, so maybe the reason it hasn't been done yet is due to a lack of funds at the moment as much as a supply issue?

Who knows but fingers crossed it gets sorted ASAP.

Glorious morning in Ipswich - warm and bright.

Im actually hoping for a bit of cloud so that the track doesnt bake. Dont want to see a blue groove tonight.

On the track front, Louis knows that the poor standard of racing so far this season could potentially hurt his business so I'm sure he's on the case to rectify it.

I'm even debating myself whether to give it a miss for a while until the track has improved as I can't stomach too many more meetings like the Good Friday one.

None of the supporters are getting value for money so far this season so it's an obvious issue.

Fear not CS,Scunny are in town,you will get racing!! :D

Fear not CS,Scunny are in town,you will get racing!! :D

and pantomime villans and hissy fits?? wink
  • Like 2

Fascinating stuff in the local papers today. Ritchie Hawkins said that after the Rye House defeat, the riders called their own team meeting - the first time it's ever happened in the years he's been racing. He reckons team spirit is good, but they need to sharpen up their mental approach - the home defeat on Good Friday the Panthers were much better in the conditions. No excuses from anyone and they've got to get their act together collectively.

Fascinating stuff in the local papers today. Ritchie Hawkins said that after the Rye House defeat, the riders called their own team meeting - the first time it's ever happened in the years he's been racing. He reckons team spirit is good, but they need to sharpen up their mental approach - the home defeat on Good Friday the Panthers were much better in the conditions. No excuses from anyone and they've got to get their act together collectively.

I hope they will be having another team meeting by 9,30 this evening

Hoping I can get from Wolverhampton in time for this one tonight. It's gonna take plenty of excessive speed and good luck with traffic though.

It's gonna take plenty of excessive speed and good luck with traffic though.

Hope you make it Baldy.

The team need to take a leaf out of your book tonight too!!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Let's hope they do aswell. With Adam back in the team I think we will just about have enough for the win. The scorpions do have a few riders that can go very well at Ipswich though

I hope they will be having another team meeting by 9,30 this evening

Hawkins said it was such a useful get together that he's planning to do it after every match, whatever the result :-)

Hoping I can get from Wolverhampton in time for this one tonight. It's gonna take plenty of excessive speed and good luck with traffic though.

1 hour warning...... you have 1 hour! (and a bit until the first race) :P Maybe if you are late you will get in for a discounted rate! :t:

Mental note - don't ever expect much from Lanham again.