British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Stags Vs King's Lynn Young Stars (nl) - Sunday, April 27th (follows Pl Match)

Whether the definition is professional or semi professional is a bit of a side show.

The main issue is that people are being charged to see this'racing'and the scores suggest that it is anything but competitive and entertaining.

Buxton are at Monmore tonight and, with the greatest of respect to them, I expect another high scoring match but I do expect Tony Atkin and Liam Carr in particular to put on a show and provide some entertainment and that is what it is all about.

The key difference here is the help that Tony can give to riders while they are out there on the track. Whether he scores loads or not he is someone that you can look and learn from. IMO that is what Scunny are missing. 6 3 pointers in one team does little to help them develop.

Rest assured that the efforts of the youngsters will be appreciated by the Cradley fans tonight and also when Scunny ride there. This is not an issue about the lads themselves, who I am sure are trying their best.

Why should the rest of the league step up to please Dudley or what ever you are called??

I.O.W tried to,and look what happened to them

If Dudley want to pay big wages fair play to them,thats there call and good luck to them,just dont moan at others who dont,wont or cant!!!!

You're quite right Ommer Mon, of course these lads are trying their best, and I for one appreciate their efforts, no matter which club they are riding for.

Waco said in his posting this morning, and I quote, "They have to have double headers no one would pay to watch this team alone". I can assure you that your statement is not correct, because although I support the King's Lynn 'Young Stars', I intend going to watch the 'Stags' do their best at Buxton a week on Sunday, because I care about National League racing in general. There has been one or two no-hopers given a meeting or two for Scunthorpe so far, but on the flip side of the coin, there are some kids in the side that show a lot of promise, and given time and experience, they will probably blossom if given the support they need and deserve.

It's time for people to stop criticising and show some support instead.

Mimmo,

Good post, although please note the Stags are no longer at Buxton on Sunday, May 11th. Scunthorpe agreed to move the fixture to August 24th to help other clubs.

Meanwhile, I too will be travelling to one-off Stags meetings in 2014. In fact, I've already been to one - at Coventry. I have plans to go to several others as well.

All the best

Rob

Mimmo,

Good post, although please note the Stags are no longer at Buxton on Sunday, May 11th. Scunthorpe agreed to move the fixture to August 24th to help other clubs.

Meanwhile, I too will be travelling to one-off Stags meetings in 2014. In fact, I've already been to one - at Coventry. I have plans to go to several others as well.

All the best

Rob

Thanks for letting me know about the fixture change, as I had no idea, I should have checked the programme properly on Sunday.

Why should the rest of the league step up to please Dudley or what ever you are called??

If Dudley want to pay big wages fair play to them,thats there call and good luck to them,just dont moan at others who dont,wont or cant!!!!

Far better to drop to scunthorpes level ,........................................ Not. down to a level . insteead of up to a standard , glad I dont have to do business with you

Edited by jim the whipper
  • Like 1

As you said earlier Montie, I'm probably not the sharpest tool in the box .

When I go to speedway I want to be entertained. Buxton have a budget to work to and I think they have done brilliantly to even get to the tapes this year. They have put the best team that they could afford out and I have no problem with that. I'm not moaning about them but I don't think that Scunny are in the same boat.

Nobody has to step up. Cradley have to build our teams within the same points limit as everyone else. Coventry and Mildenhall have also produced two excellent teams this year.

..........and in terms of what we are called? We called ourselves Champions last year and I hope that we will be doing that again this year.

As you said earlier Montie, I'm probably not the sharpest tool in the box .

When I go to speedway I want to be entertained. Buxton have a budget to work to and I think they have done brilliantly to even get to the tapes this year. They have put the best team that they could afford out and I have no problem with that. I'm not moaning about them but I don't think that Scunny are in the same boat.

Nobody has to step up. Cradley have to build our teams within the same points limit as everyone else. Coventry and Mildenhall have also produced two excellent teams this year.

..........and in terms of what we are called? We called ourselves Champions last year and I hope that we will be doing that again this year.

If the likes of Scunthorpe, Buxton stop developing riders it'll only be a matter of time before you Dudley lot will have no alternative but to use mediocre riders. there will be a shortage of the type of riders you go for ......like the 4 ex Scunny riders you have now.!!!!!!!!!! For gods sake you would think "only Scunny gain, ...... Its British speedway that GAINS! Every supporter out there should appreciate the long hours in the extremely cold winters that Richard and his army of helpers put in and these are some of the kids that use the facility and for their efforts they deserve a go at the next level of speedway. Thats all from me now. I get fed up of all the same old talk.

• Like 6

Far better to drop to scunthorpes level ,........................................ Not. down to a level . insteead of up to a standard , glad I dont have to do business with you

It should be about finding some middle ground for the good of the NL as a competition. Cradley are too strong and Scunny too weak, there has to be a compromise.

• Like 3

Buxton have a budget to work with correct.what makes you think Scunny dont???

If the likes of Scunthorpe, Buxton stop developing riders it'll only be a matter of time before you Dudley lot will have no alternative but to use mediocre riders. there will be a shortage of the type of riders you go for ......like the 4 ex Scunny riders you have now.!!!!!!!!!! For gods sake you would think "only Scunny gain, ...... Its British speedway that GAINS! Every supporter out there should appreciate the long hours in the extremely cold winters that Richard and his army of helpers put in and these are some of the kids that use the facility and for their efforts they deserve a go at the next level of speedway. Thats all from me now. I get fed up of all the same old talk.

June - I've said elsewhere that I fully acknowledge and respect the contribution that Scunny have made to bringing young British riders through over the years and their contribution to the future of British Speedway overall is something they should be proud of. The track is good and produces superb racing.

My concern is limited to their approach this season.