British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Birmingham 5.5.14

Not. Sure what the situation is with readmission as it was only a tenner to get in in the first place.

It was a shame about the rain because it started off pretty good. Back in Newbury now and it hasn't rained at all all evening.

Rained all the way home to Severnside and still raining!

Edited by oldswindonsupporter

Not. Sure what the situation is with readmission as it was only a tenner to get in in the first place.

It was a shame about the rain because it started off pretty good. Back in Newbury now and it hasn't rained at all all evening.

Been pouring down in Royal Wootton Bassett since 19.45.

Not been to Swindon for a wee while, took advantage of the £10 entrance fee, wish I looked at the weather forecast first though but hey ho. Why they didn't start at 19.30 though only those in the know can answer, tapes up at 19.30 should mean that and not at 19.45. Shame the rain came as after the first rides for Kennett and Skornicki a race win apiece with Kennet doning the black and white. Barker took a fall on 2nd bend and ride in the ambulance, no news given trackside. For Swindon, North lost 2nd place to Barker in heat 1, Worrall surprisingly couldn't find the drive in hat 2 to pass Starke. Heats 3 4 and 5 from the gate, 1st / 2nd bend. Heat 6, Barker lost it on 2nd bend, re-run, Skornicki from the gate, Morra all out of shape, and did well to stay on. Heat 7, Brum out of the gate but North inside Lambert no problem although not until 3rd / 4th bend and did well to stay on on exiting 2nd bend.

Not the best in terms of entertainment it is fair to say.

Not been to Swindon for a wee while, took advantage of the £10 entrance fee, wish I looked at the weather forecast first though but hey ho. Why they didn't start at 19.30 though only those in the know can answer, tapes up at 19.30 should mean that and not at 19.45. Shame the rain came as after the first rides for Kennett and Skornicki a race win apiece with Kennet doning the black and white. Barker took a fall on 2nd bend and ride in the ambulance, no news given trackside. For Swindon, North lost 2nd place to Barker in heat 1, Worrall surprisingly couldn't find the drive in hat 2 to pass Starke. Heats 3 4 and 5 from the gate, 1st / 2nd bend. Heat 6, Barker lost it on 2nd bend, re-run, Skornicki from the gate, Morra all out of shape, and did well to stay on. Heat 7, Brum out of the gate but North inside Lambert no problem although not until 3rd / 4th bend and did well to stay on on exiting 2nd bend.

Its been rubbishe all season to be fair bar a few decent races in the Poole meeting. Gonna be a long year!!!

Its been rubbishe all season to be fair bar a few decent races in the Poole meeting. Gonna be a long year!!!

Thursday against Lakeside should be better and confirm any improvement in the second strings.

Thursday against Lakeside should be better and confirm any improvement in the second strings.

There is just no way its going to improve. Greenwood is miles out of his depth but what can we replace him with? That kid who goes round the training track before meetings might be a better bet. At least he can turn it around the corners.

I dont want anyone to think im slating Greenwood. Its not his fault he has been put in this position and hes clearly trying his nuts off.

Edited by thecoombdog

Racing always starts at 7.45 with parade at 7.30 at Swindon.

Racing always starts at 7.45 with parade at 7.30 at Swindon.

Thanks for the info. Obviously regulars would know that, however, casual attendees wouldn't so why not say advertise it so, parade at 19.30, first race at 19.45. Plymouth for instance advert along those lines. Next time I shall know not to get there until 19.45!

• Like 1

Barker in ambulance, any news.

We saw BB on the way out - he's fine.

A bit naughty that the 50-50 draw wasn't done before the meeting was called.

Kalle was way out of his depth unfortunately.

Cracking 6 point ride from EK!

We saw BB on the way out - he's fine.

A bit naughty that the 50-50 draw wasn't done before the meeting was called.

Kalle was way out of his depth unfortunately.

Cracking 6 point ride from EK!

Thank you

I wish they would start at 7.30, we could have completed 10 heats last night IMO. I thought ,being bank Holiday, it could have started as advertised.

Orlovski,

What's the betting it is rained off?

I wish they would start at 7.30, we could have completed 10 heats last night IMO. I thought ,being bank Holiday, it could have started as advertised.

I agree. I've been to meetings in the past where the parade has been cancelled due to the weather and they've got on with the racing.

It was only light rain early on, but it was enough to make us wait in the car park until 7.30 before going in. There was always a risk of it getting worse and there was no break in the cloud. I think it would have made sense to just get straight into it.

• Like 2

At wolves last night they had the parade at 7.20 with tapes up at 7.30 and despite a couple of hold ups managed to finish at 8.55 ish.a few dodgy ref decisions but at least the meeting was run well

• Like 3

I agree. I've been to meetings in the past where the parade has been cancelled due to the weather and they've got on with the racing.

It was only light rain early on, but it was enough to make us wait in the car park until 7.30 before going in. There was always a risk of it getting worse and there was no break in the cloud. I think it would have made sense to just get straight into it.

I think you have to factor them having to wait for Worrall . Saying that There was hardly a rush to get on with things once the meeting got going .

• Like 1