British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Adam Roynon Dropped By Sheffield

Cant believe that this thread has reached nine pages, was Roynon really that important to the success of Sheffield, I`m sure if Ty Proctor starts life as a Tiger banging in good scores then those who doubt his signing will be on here singing his praises.

• Like 2

Roynon's average was not down by 0.72, his average dropped by 2.21 based on just this season alone. It's due to rolling averages that his average has only dropped by 0.72

Rolling averages can mask the true picture pointed out in the quote above.

For Taylor his 5.99 starting aveage would have still includedmatches as far back as 2011 when he actually ended on 6.99.

Following his comeback in 2012 his true average was 4.99 in those final meetings.

So he would be dropping high scoring meetings from 3 seasons ago and including his new lower scores from more recently.

Id say he is performing exactly as expected at present with the knowledge in the background he COULD do much better as he regains confidence.

Hands off Wee Joe, he's just biding his time so we can fix Sneddons average up to 6.00

He could go to Plymouth instead of Simota, who is only a temporary rider (I think)

Then they could replace injured Newman with a rider up to 6.37 points

Robin Aspegren?

Joszef Tabaka?

Hands off Wee Joe, he's just biding his time so we can fix Sneddons average up to 6.00 :) Edited by MonarchsMitchy

Interesting to look at BSPA site. No mention of Ty Proctor in Sheffield's 1-7 yet?

Interesting to look at BSPA site. No mention of Ty Proctor in Sheffield's 1-7 yet?

Well if Proctor hasn't ridden for Sheffield they can't use R/R tomorrow at Berwick, it will have to be a 3 pointe unless they revert to their previous team and Roynon represents them. What a foxtrot uniform.

• Like 1

Think you're right Screm. I've been looking at the various comments on the Sheffield facebook page that say others should have gone before Adam. I don't do facebook but I'm sure it must be based on personality and looks because on paper it's a no brainer. Comparing starting GSA with actual 2014 GSA. Stead 9.33/9.24, Roynon 7.81/5.60, Lanham 7.16/6.77,Poole 5.99/3.85, Nielsen 4.36/2.95, Compton 4.36/6.34, Bates 3.00/4.41. So Compton and Bates have improved, Stead is more or less the same, Lanham has dropped a third of a point but is getting used to a new track leaving Royno Poole and Nielsen as the under achievers. Nielsen has dropped 1.41 but the biggest drop is Roynon 2.21 with Poole close behind 2.14. If a heat leader (2nd in the averages ) is so far off the pace you new another heat leader. Hopefully this will jolt the other under performers into action otherwise next month I can see more moves!

Stead has dropped 0.04 points

Roynon has dropped 0.72 points

Nielsen has dropped 0.21 points

But Poole has dropped a massive 1.55 points.

So why not take a closer look at Taylor Poole's performance.

Before I get shouted down and told that Roynon has dropped 2+ points per meeting these figures where taken from the BSPA site and are the sign on green sheet averages and the GSA that take effect on 01/05/2014

the Greensheet Averages affect team building. They dont show how well or badly a rider is doing. The figures for this season show Adam is riding to 5.6, 2.2 below his teambuilding average. I was shocked when I saw that because I've always liked Adam and hadnt realised he was performing that badly..

Maybe Adam will get fixed up now he is without a club but why should he always be the fall guy, or maybe add to his future contracts " Signed for the club but only until we find a better rider or a rider in the team fails to achieve in either case you will be replaced".

And as for the new Promotion of Sheffield proving that they will not be tolerating poor scores....harsh maybe but very far from true!

Roynon down by 0.72 Poole down by 1.55 points That's 0.97 points more than the rest of the team

Erm. Do you remember how Adam got his place last season? As Ive said I love AR but don't portray him as the perpetual victim. Last season The then Sheffield management dumped a young British talent that they had bought on a full transfer, who had some good meetings for them, then signed Roynon and waited for the averages to come through so they could drop Jake Knight and bring in a better rider in Adam. Since then Jake Knight has quit Speedway due to having his confidence shattered. At least Adam will probably get fixed up. Live by the sword. Die by the sword.

I see your point...but there is a possibility that Pooles scores are also being monitored too. Could they have fitted Proctor in place of Poole instead?

Couldn't have fitted Proctor in place of Poole with the points they had

Edited by Stan Duppcomic

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasnt sure if Proctor could come in for Poole....Proctor has the potential to push Stead for the number one jacket if he can get back to full fitness

So just to confirm, Ty Proctor bitched and moaned about being dropped without even riding a meeting for his club but has now walked out on his club (inn Sweden) before riding for them?

Ty "integrity" Proctor?

Well if Proctor hasn't ridden for Sheffield they can't use R/R tomorrow at Berwick, it will have to be a 3 pointe unless they revert to their previous team and Roynon represents them. What a foxtrot uniform.

Dont bet on it! The world works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

If Sheffield are allowede to use r/r for Ty Proctor before he has ridden for them, it opens a can of worms.

Is Rob Godfrey on the Management Committee? Is Chris Van Straaten (Ty's owner) on the Management Committee?

Is r/r for Proctor, or for Adam Roynon?

Sheffield seem to be getting a remarkably smooth ride in the face of a pretty inefficient signing process, if Ty still isn't even declared in their 1-7 on the BSPA site.

As posted elsewhere....

From the 2014 Speedway Regulations:

Rule 16.5.3 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared.

From Berwick's Newsletter this morning:

The Tigers have been granted a facility by the BSPA Management Committee to deploy the rider-replacement regulation for Australian Ty Proctor, who is unavailable to them.

As posted elsewhere....

Rule 16.5.3 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a re-declaration has not made an appearance for that team since being re-declared.

The Tigers have been granted a facility by the BSPA Management Committee to deploy the rider-replacement regulation for Australian Ty Proctor, who is unavailable to them.

What an absolute joke that is.

• Like 2

As posted elsewhere....

I guess it's because he's riding for his EL club. I also guess there is a 'supplementary rule' which isn't in the rule book, covering this eventuality. :unsure:

• Like 1

I guess it's because he's riding for his EL club. I also guess there is a 'supplementary rule' which isn't in the rule book, covering this eventuality. :unsure:

Surely the fact it had to go to the MC suggested it's contentiousness. If there was a supplementary reg it would not need to go to them.