British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Monday May 5th 2.30pm

Not a bad start but can we hang on for a point?

A point minimum, it's a last heat decider with the scores tied!

It's not good is it, more threats from Louis maybe?can't even beat a 5 man team on our own track

• Like 1

great result for newcastle. well done the famous 5. ippo rubbish.

Ipswich poor, or Newcastle good?

• Like 2

Be interesting to hear what's said at the riders forum after this meeting????

Gutted, but well done all 5 of them.... This team are up and down like yoyos lol.

Did Lewi has bike probs in heat 15??

Gutted, but well done all 5 of them.... This team are up and down like yoyos lol.

Lindgen again rode a magnificent four laps to take the win but Tungte soon reeled in his handicap and passed Kerr on the run to the finish line once more in an excellent race to share the heat and indeed the match which ended a 45-45 draw giving Newcastle their first two Premier League points of 2014

Quoted from the Newcastle Diamonds website

Didn't look like it - his body language afterwards was one of frustration. He got caught on the last bend with no chance of getting his wheels in line and Tungate was riding on adrenalin and anger to home from nowhere with the last gasp equaliser.

Very disappointing result for the Witches. Full credit to the Diamonds, and thank goodness we saw a decent bit of passing, with no less than Risager showing his team mates how to do it!

Word on Schramm was he complained of back pain, but had movement. No news on Perry.

PS: heard that Ellis is not riding for Laleside tonight ...

Edited by Had Enough

One that both sides will feel they shouldve won.

Track held up pretty well and there was genuine racing/passing.

For an afternoon meeting it was decent and certainly tension filled.

Quite how Rohan was disqualified from the original attempt of Heat 15 I dont know. When the red lights came on he was closest of all 4 to the tapes and ready to go! If the 2 minutes was up as he was still coasting round after his initial problems then why didnt the light and klaxon cone on?

Best wishes to Schrammy and Ton Perry.

5 man team? Ref was on Newcastle side and some could say so was Worrall!?

I think you missed a smiley off this Beerhut. It should replace the question mark. Im sure no one will be more gutted than Richie.

Let's not forget Newcastle had to ride with 1 rider in two heats, and Chris Schramm was leading heat 2 until his exclusion.

Edited by jackofdiamonds
  • Like 1

Ipswich looked again like the away team. Newcastle ran out of riders, Ipswich ran out of ideas! :sad:

Looks like Tom Perry went to hospital with broken collarbone, no news on Schramm apart from had movement in limbs but back pain

2014 aves after today:

Risager 7.44

Worrall 7.28

Tungate 6.36

Ellis 5.82

Manzares 5.71

Hawkins 5.02

Heeps 4.00

taken from lovespeedway24

“It’s two points lost as far as I’m concerned,” Witches boss Chris Louis bemoaned afterwards.
“I’m sorry but I thought that was a pretty terrible performance.
“Fair play to Newcastle. But they came here with a rider down (Rosen) and then lost a reserve (Schramm) before he’d completed a race.
“There are no excuses. The track was good. Getting a draw in the last race wasn’t special for me, we should have had it won.
And in a more worrying line for the current Witches septet Louis added: “The riders are testing my patience.”
Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut