British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Scunthorpe V Edinburgh (pl) 5/5/14 @ 3pm

So after a big win against the scorpions on Friday evening we head south for the return fixture with the home team looking to repay the favour, while we will be looking to make it 10 wins out 10 for the season.

Scunthorpe to win but Edinburgh to get a point.

Teams for Monday:

1. R/R or Guest
  2. David Howe
  3. Ryan Douglas
  4. Ashley Birks
  5. Josh Auty
  6. Matt Williamson
  7. Thomas Jorgensen

Edinburgh

1. Craig Cook
  2. Justin Sedgmen
  3. Max Fricke
  4. Derek Sneddon
  5. Sam Masters
  6. Aaron Fox
  7. Stevie Worrall

So after a big win against the scorpions on Friday evening we head south for the return fixture with the home team looking to repay the favour, while we will be looking to make it 10 wins out 10 for the season.

Scunthorpe to win but Edinburgh to get a point.

Teams for Monday:

• R/R or Guest
  • David Howe
  • Ryan Douglas
  • Ashley Birks
  • Josh Auty
  • Matt Williamson
  • Thomas Jorgensen
Edinburgh

• Craig Cook
  • Justin Sedgmen
  • Max Fricke
  • Derek Sneddon
  • Sam Masters
  • Aaron Fox
  • Stevie Worrall

Was Nicolai Klindt not supposed to be joining Scunthorpe on a 28 day contract to cover for Mellgren and making his "debut" on Monday? The guest on Friday was because it was too late to re-declare?

Which would make the sunny team:

1. Josh Auty

2. David Howe

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Ashley Birks

5. Nicolai Klindt

6. Matt Williamson

7. Thomas Jorgensen

If I'm wrong then I'm open to being corrected, just thought I had read that somewhere?

Was Nicolai Klindt not supposed to be joining Scunthorpe on a 28 day contract to cover for Mellgren and making his "debut" on Monday? The guest on Friday was because it was too late to re-declare?

Which would make the sunny team:

1. Josh Auty

2. David Howe

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Ashley Birks

5. Nicolai Klindt

6. Matt Williamson

7. Thomas Jorgensen

If I'm wrong then I'm open to being corrected, just thought I had read that somewhere?

Says on the scunny website that their new signing won't be in place in time for Monday so they will use guest or R/R

Says on the scunny website that their new signing won't be in place in time for Monday so they will use guest or R/R

Fair enough, I'm thought I seen somewhere that he would be in place for Monday, but maybe I was imagining it or the goalposts have moved since then!?

Looking forward to this should be a very close match, it will interesting to see how well Steve Worrall goes on his return to his old club.

Tough one this; would have preferred to have had Klindt available because he is capable of jumping out and winning races. The guests have not really done it; so it may be just as well to go R/R. Worrall's a big plus at reserve for Monarchs in the form he's in; Cook will by taking no prisoners; and Masters will no doubt be out to show us what we missed out on.

If we can 'get about' the middle order and Monarchs reserve Fox; for instance Matty W needs to finish in front of him in Ht2 and Jorgensen to post a big score from reserve we could get this one 'over the line' by Ht15?. Should be a belter.... Come on you Scorps!!

Tough one this; would have preferred to have had Klindt available because he is capable of jumping out and winning races. The guests have not really done it; so it may be just as well to go R/R. Worrall's a big plus at reserve for Monarchs in the form he's in; Cook will by taking no prisoners; and Masters will no doubt be out to show us what we missed out on.

If we can 'get about' the middle order and Monarchs reserve Fox; for instance Matty W needs to finish in front of him in Ht2 and Jorgensen to post a big score from reserve we could get this one 'over the line' by Ht15?. Should be a belter.... Come on you Scorps!!

Don't think you missed out on him he was alway's going to Edinburgh he is good round the EWR though saw him guesting for us down there a couple off season's ago and was imperious so for that reason i think the Monarchs will have too much in there locker for Scunny today.

Yessss get in there 48-43 to the Blue and Gold, 10 in a row #beleive.

wish i was there and not in a stupid office

Sounds like a very tight affair and got there in the end despite a few dodgy moments on the way

Still don't see us winning the league though.

Great meeting a good win by the morachs but can someone please explain the rule regarding moving at the tapes to Barbara Horley who let a blatant jump start by Craig Cook go the tapes scrapped the top of Craig's helmet he was rolling that much

Started off like a steam train then kind off slumped a little but got there in the end which is main thing and took 3 points.

Onto Peterborough tomorrow night and lets hopefully make it 11 wins from 11. :party::party::party:

Edited by Mr Blobby

SCUNTHORPE 'FluidAir Power' SCORPIONS...43

1. Anders Mellgren R/R
2. David Howe 1,3,2'2,0 = 8+1
3. Ryan Douglas 2,2,2^,3,3,0 = 12
4. Ashley Birks © 0,0,1,3 = 4
5. Josh Auty 0,3,3,2,2,1 = 11
6. Matt Williamson 0,1,0 = 1
7. Thomas Jorgensen 1,1,3,1',1,0 = 7+1

EDINBURGH 'Scotwaste' MONARCHS...48

1. Craig Cook 3,3,3,3,3 = 15
2. Justin Sedgmen 2',1,0,1 = 4+1
3. Max Fricke 1,2,3,2,2' = 10+1
4. Derek Sneddon © 3,0,0,2 = 5
5. Sam Masters 0,2,2,1 = 5
6. Aaron Fox 2',0,EF = 2+1
7. Steve Worrall 3,2,1,0,1' = 7+1

Any away win is a good win, looked a bit tight at the end but max and cookie did the business in Ht 15 after Deek and Stevie Worrall split Ht 14. Masters a bit of a surprise with only 5 but everyone chipped in some points which helps.