British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brandonbee48

Russian League. 2014

Cheers mate.

Missed first heat but good stream.

Martin Vaculik for Mega Lada and Doyley for Vostok.

Should be a good meeting.

Crowd not as good as in recent years but still a healthy and noisy crowd.

Some weird stick waving in the interval to keep the crowd amused :)

Edited by pandorum

I'd forgotten all about this. :sad: What's the score?

"Slightly" unsatisfactory start there!

Spectacular "off'. Glad to see they handled it in a non Nicki/Zagar style. :t:

Energetic, prancing flag girls. :lol: Elite League clubs take note about keeping the crowd entertained. Always something going on with these guys. :t:

Great way to salute the crowd with the riders coming round and lining up on their bikes on both sides of the track. I guess "elf n safety" would block it in the UK without their helmets on. :icon_smile_clown:

Not a bad match. I enjoyed watching it :)

Vostok don't have much luck. Losing Laguta last week and now losing Tarasenko in his second ride.

They would probably have won if Tarasenko had not gotten hurt and withdrew.

Some decent racers in Russia, Vitaly Belousov looked good yesterday.

For me they should use Tarasenko as a replacement for Laguta in the SWC and bring in Loktaev as their 4th rider.

Congratulations to Grigorij "Grisha" Laguta who became the individual Russian champion today although the opposition wasn't that hard.

http://www1.idrottonline.se/SmedernaSpeedwayforening-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Nyheter/Nyhetsarkiv/Lagutaryskmastare/

Well done Grigori- and "Go Smederna"

I heard about this new rider. His name is Pawel, ...Pawel Laguta, nephew of Grigorij and Artem.

He is supposedly only 14 years old and have just moved up to 500cc and was supposed to have

ridden in a local race at Vladivostok yesterday.

https://sv-se.facebook.com/Ikaros.Smederna/posts/714276458665845

Edited by Ghostwalker

it was a 5 pair tournament, each pair consisting of a senior Vostock rider and a junior (13/14 year olds)

1st Sergey Logachev and Pavel Laguta

2nd Vadim and Sergey (no relation) Tarasenko

3rd Alexei Kharchenko and Vitaly Galusko

http://www.newsvl.ru/sport/2014/10/17/128421/#ixzz3GNOtdKvm

• Like 1

Guessing that Pawel/Pavel was riding a 500cc?So at what age can youngsters compete on 500s in Russia?Interesting considering the success Russia has had recently and the discussion earlier in the year and last year about Robert Lambert competing in Germany earlier than he was allowed to compete in GB

Guessing that Pawel/Pavel was riding a 500cc?So at what age can youngsters compete on 500s in Russia?Interesting considering the success

Russia has had recently and the discussion earlier in the year and last year about Robert Lambert competing in Germany earlier than he was allowed to compete in GB

No need to guess ,he did and that wass what I wrote and that was what the fb-post said. ;)

Didn't see any mention of the bikes on your post and didn't look at the fb link.Never look at links in general as they tend to make my laptop go haywire.But i was thinking maybe the juniors were on 250cc.We had team events in Germany with most riders on 500 and some youngsters on 250.Not out of the question this was something similar,bu t maybe i was thinking too complicated instead of straightforward,i'll give you that.As we had Arslan Fayzullin riding here on a 250cc i thought maybe the youngsters were on them :sad::P

Didn't see any mention of the bikes on your post and didn't look at the fb link.Never look at links in general as they tend to make my laptop go haywire.

Ok I get your point, however the article does say that Pawel will make his debut on a "stor hoj" on Thursday in Vladivostok,'

which means that he will make his debute on 500cc in Vladisvotok on Thursday.

Then my post also said that he just moved up on 500cc and that he was supposed to ride in a local event

in Vladivostok. His participation was then confirmed by Arnieg. ;)

• Like 1

I like Tarasienko so nice to see he did well.

Another Laguta hope we get a chance to see him next year :)

Big Laguta family

Natalija Laguta (Tarasenko) - son Vadim Tarasenko (yet 2 daughters)

-- Vadim Tarasenko - now only daughter

Aleksandr Laguta - son Pavel Laguta (2000) (yet daughter)

Grigory Laguta - have son

Artem Laguta - have son